It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is George W. Bush the Worst President in U.S. History?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
YouTube: George Bush: Worst President Ever

History News Network Poll: 61% of Historians Rate the Bush Presidency Worst

Majority of Americans Rate Bush Worst President in History

CNN Poll: 75% glad Bush is done

The Worst President in History?
One of America's leading historians assesses George W. Bush

Why Bush Will Become the Textbooks' Worst President
As a Ph.D. in American history, I think it is safe to say that George W. Bush will go into the history books as the worst president in American history.

[edit on 9-1-2009 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
unless he is out done by berry yeah he is the worst!!

911 was an inside job!

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I'm not much a fan of Bush either, but did anyone ever considder that he was only the 'puppet' or 'messenger' of his administration ?

Yes he should be the one to make the final call and announcement.
But aren't these based on the people that advise him, on the info that is being given to him ?

If you keep feeding someone false info, he's bound to make a wrong decision....

If he was aware of that, and played along, then yes he can be blamed.
If he wasn't then we should blame those who are really pulling the strings, but i think they will remain in place, keeping low for a while

Well, if we want to blame him, we could do so for teaming up with the wrong people

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I was going to say... Can anyone here name a worse president of the United States? Is there one that anyone here knows of that has caused greater destruction in the world let alone our own country?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Its doubtful. I'm not even sure that he's the worst of the last 40 years. Nixon and Carter are strong contenders for the title. Bush I isn't that far behind, and neither are Lyndon Johnson and Gerald Ford. All five would probably be considered in the bottom half, at the very least. Again, that's just the last 40 years. There were plenty of terrible ones prior to that, too.

The only truly 'good' presidents in that time have been Reagan and, as bad as I hate to admit it, Clinton. My vote for the worst, at least of the post WW2 era, would be Jimmy Carter.

GWB? Give it some time. In 20+ years, we'll know more about what was happening behind the scenes and we'll start to get a better idea of his true legacy. Right now, I'd say he's in the bottom half, but you never know how history will ultimately judge him a few decades from now.

[edit on 9-1-2009 by vor78]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Another thread on this sleepy topic. I stopped counting threads at 13. I highly doubt that anyone will have anything different to say here. Try a basic thread search on the topic.

In a few months you will be worrying about much more important things.

Incidentally, my vote is for Carter. Anyone remember 12% mortgage interest rates??

[edit on 9-1-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I guess that depends on if the history books are written by defense contractors, oil company execs, and investments bankers. They might remember him quite fondly.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Yes i believe it is a toss up between Woodrow Wilson(allowing the FED to take over our money supply) and George W. Bush. Truman was a bad president as well... He is the one that dropped the atomic bombs on innocent civilians in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, I hope he has a special place in hell along side Hitler. Nothing, not even war constitutes the mass murder of innocent civilians and Truman was on the same level as Hitler in my mind. So i guess you can chalk it up to those three human disgraces.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
How about Harding?

Look, Bush is easy to beat on because of how bad the economy is, but we would not be there without the Clintons. There was no internet boom, just speculation and lots of stock options. Add in the fact that they can give no income verification loans and you have a recipe for disaster. I blame both parties for not fixing anything for the last 15 years to get us here.

However, bush handled 9/11 in a manner I am sure Gore could not have. Maybe he would have sent ManBearPig to help but we would not be as secure nor as safe as we are now.

In time, there will be less Bush Bashing because there is a new president who is looking like he is going to create a name for himself. In 15 years, Bush will be known for carrying the country after 9/11, unifying Iraq and not having a congress/house that would work with him. It is the same no matter who you are. Maybe there will be a large scale attack that is prevented by DHS he gets credit for. Trust me folks, there are MUCH worse presidents.

[edit on 9-1-2009 by esdad71]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I don't think most of us know what's really "going on" so its hard to say if he was a good or bad president. A lot of things seem bad but come on its Bush and Dick.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Nice vid

We should all get our 7 year olds singing our political views so they can grow up to be as effin dumb as their parents.

It was funny but just wrong to have a kid sing it and it sounded horrible

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by glenn84
Yes i believe it is a toss up between Woodrow Wilson (allowing the FED to take over our money supply) and George W. Bush.

Agreed. But at least Wilson later admitted responsibility. Bush will never confess to the disasters he created.

Woodrow Wilson after creating the Federal Reserve:

I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men.

~ Woodrow Wilson

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Yes your right Woodrow actually took responsibility for giving complete power of this country over to the FED. Rothschild said it best:

"Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes the laws."

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The only real guideline to this is the presidents you have lived through. If you are judging preidents on history books why bother, we know books are mostly propaganda too.

I have known 4 presidents in my life, and bush has been the worst of them, but i cannot like you guys judge him against ones before i was born.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I guess your right to a certain degree. Bush has for the most part had a helping hand in the atrocities that he as committed to this once respected nation and its citizens. There is a much grander picture to this all and Bush is just a pawn just like the rest of us. JFK was trying to undo the scheme but he was assassinated before he could inform the world.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
GW is/was just a puppet. His policies were given to him from above.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
I was going to say... Can anyone here name a worse president of the United States? Is there one that anyone here knows of that has caused greater destruction in the world let alone our own country?

How could you possibly know the answer to this question unless you personally have lived through the tenures of all presidents sworn into office to date? Remember, history books DO give us a biased view of information and so much has been left out.

Besides, I doubt you've taken into account even a sliver of the world's worst leaders since you brought up "greater destruction in the world".

Amazing how you could put Bush above Adolph Hitler or Heinrich Himmler, Benito Moussolini, or even more modern day leaders such as Idi Amin - the death count of his regime is an estimated 80,000 to 500,000 people. Ever heard of Pol Pot? Under his regime, he sought out intellectuals and enemies of the "bourgeois" and mass murdered them in "killing fields".

As far as U.S. Presidents, what about Andrew Johnson, who suceeded Lincoln to the presidency in 1865. He vetoed the first civil rights bill BECAUSE he said it gave equality to whites and blacks in all states, seeking to undo what Lincoln had done. He also stated in a letter to the Missouri governor “this is a country for white men, and by God, as long as I am President, it shall be a government for white men.” It took the House Republicans to override his veto for the bill to pass. He was also the only president to be impeached.

Or what about James Buchanan who regarded the slavery issue of little importance since the U.S. Supreme Court was about to rule on the issue. They did, handing down the Dred Scott decision, which ruled that people of African descent could never be citizens of the U.S. and that Congress had NO authority to prohibit slavery in federal territory. Buchanan was suspected of having a great deal of influence in that case.

Warren Harding was actually jailed for his part in the Teapot Dome scandal, basicaly raising his friends to high political positions.

You might do a little research before you go off half-cocked on information you "think" you know about the current president. The economic mess we're experiencing now isn't even solely his fault! Clinton and all of Congress shares in the blame of that as well!

[edit on 9-1-2009 by sos37]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I put it to you all that GWB was an outrageously successful president, more successful than Clinton, Reagan, or any other modern president you can think of. I am not a troll, and I would like to think that I am at least somewhat sane and somewhat well informed, and I do not watch Fox news.

Bush is successful because he was highly effective in accomplishing the aims and goals he set for himself. Oil companies made record profits during his administration. He used the "War on Terror" to fund hundreds of billions of dollars to his chronies in the defense industry and at Halliburton.

I know you may be thinking what about Iraq and the rest of the Middle East falling apart? What about Katrina? What about not capturing Osama Bin Laden? What about the recent recession?

Asking George W. Bush these questions is like asking Michael Phelps about his inability to hit a golf ball like Tiger Woods. Michael Phelps is a swimmer who sets out to compete at the highest level in swimming. He does not care if Tiger Woods is a far superior golfer.

Similarly, George Bush could care less if he falls short with regards to certain standards. George W. Bush set out to enrich his chronies. He could care less whether he actually served his nation or made the majority of its people better off.

Journalists, historians, and internet pundits could bash Bush all they want. The fact is George W. Bush and his chronies will be sitting pretty while most of us will continue to struggle.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by glenn84
Truman was a bad president as well... He is the one that dropped the atomic bombs on innocent civilians in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, I hope he has a special place in hell along side Hitler. Nothing, not even war constitutes the mass murder of innocent civilians and Truman was on the same level as Hitler in my mind. So i guess you can chalk it up to those three human disgraces.

I read that Truman had worse poll numbers than Bush did.

You compare Truman to Hitler? Let's see:

Atomic bomb deaths at the end of 1945 for both targets: 220,000.

Deaths in Nazi Concentration Camps (everyone, not just Jews) 11,000,000.

Hmmmmm.....bit of a difference.

And you didn't include Stalin, either.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Yes. The video footage of him flipping off the camera is proof.

I mean Bill might not of flipped off the camera, but he gave everyone a good idea of what he liked!! Heh.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join