It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What You Need to Know About Drug-Resistant Flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

What You Need to Know About Drug-Resistant Flu

www.time.com

This year's flu season is off to a slow start, but health officials are watching a disturbing development that could make treating the flu even more difficult, if you do catch the bug. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported in the fall that the most common strain of flu now making the rounds in the U.S. is resistant to oseltamivir, or Tamiflu, the most popular antimicrobial used to treat influenza. But that doesn't mean a pandemic is necessarily on the way.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
#1 section:
Health officials have been tracking the strain in question since the last flu season, when the CDC reported that 11% of flu cases were resistant to Tamiflu

I find it odd that this comes on the heels of the reports that they where worried that very few people had taken the flu shots this year. ( My reason is at #2 of the article)

2. Who is most at risk of getting infected with this resistant strain?
Anyone can catch the flu, and the CDC recommends that everyone who wants to protect themselves from flu should get vaccinated. The agency reports that there is plenty of flu vaccine available. The current vaccine is designed to offer some protection against the Tamiflu-resistant strain.

From what I know about the use of antibiotics if you use them to much you become immune to them. Why should the use of Tamiflu be any different? As with any medication of any kind using it "to" much will cause what you are using it for to become immune to it. I think that saying its only been a serious problem in places that hardly use it is rather misleading, IMO they wouldnt release this information unless they had found it to be true in numerous places not just Norway.
#1 end of paragraph:
That's based on the fact that during the last flu season, the resistant strain was widespread in countries with low Tamiflu use, such as Norway, but less common in places like Japan, where reliance on Tamiflu is high.

A secondary link in the article for the "resistant strain" takes you to an article from August of 2008 that talks about the flu strains lasting the life of the host "90 years" :
www.time.com...

Any thoughts as to why this has come out now? Am I the only one who thinks that perhaps this has more to do with the fact that very few people have taken the shot this year as opposed to last year?

www.time.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-1-2009 by xoxo stacie]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I've had the flu twice this year, both instances cleared up very quickly and the symptoms were mild. I think the whole flu thing, which is on portuguese news constantly, is some sort of psyop. Here it was so pathetic that they constantly talked about full hospitals yet were unable to even provide one image of an ER functioning above normal levels. Something just dosen't add up.

And vaccination is something to be studied too, as there is little to prove that flu vaccines, or any other for that matter, have significant positive health impacts and much to suggest they have negative ones. Here at home I have advised against both the flu vaccines and the cervical cancer vaccines, and have exposed my doubts on all the rest of them.

Trading a healthy immune system for a vaccinated but weakened one and a lifetime of toxic pharmacology to me seems like a very bad deal at this point.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
We should all try and keep a clean body I believe. So by taking antibiotics, having vaccinations and loading the body with toxicity, we can obviously be treating ourselves un-naturally, we are exploiting the body to un-natural processes. Surely this isn't good!

We talk about colds and flu all the time without ever drawing distinction between bacterial infections and viral infections.
I have heard and read from various sources that Bacterial infections/complications can be treated in various ways including antibiotics - although as we know now antibiotics can become useless after over repetitive use.

Viral infections do not respond to chemical concoctions, synthesised drugs, antibiotics, etc. The body will however improve and show signs to shake off a viral problem via natural means - herbalism and nutrition,etc. basically by natural means of strengthening the body, immune system and elimination process of the body.

Most importantly (and research this yourself) the body has it's own defence system (and all other systems of course - elimination, digestive,etc) and starts with shutting us down from unnecessary functions. We immediately feel 'Ill', run-down and start to rest.
We develop a fever - modern medicine aims at suppressing the fever. chemists/drug stores will sell you non-prescription medicine that will suppress the fever among over clever things like helping you sleep.

By allowing the fever to do it's job, sensibly, your body (T-cells) immediately starts seek & destroy missions against the virus. The virus isn't allowed to replicate and multiply (at extreme speed) if the fever heats us up enough and we rest.
Obviously people will question this as stupid - so research it, and if you happen to be in this position, have all luxuries & necessities on hand if possible -including a nurse / friend / spouse / parent ot whatever) to cool your head down. lots of water will obviously stop you dehydrate but also ensure your systems flow well including the Lymph flow (we have more lymph than blood apparently).

I do wonder about man-made viruses though - on ATS there is often threads about chemtrails, well surely we could be subjected to some kind of attack!?!
What does anyone make of that? - do you think that could be a real possibilty or agenda?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
We should all try and keep a clean body I believe. So by taking antibiotics, having vaccinations and loading the body with toxicity, we can obviously be treating ourselves un-naturally, we are exploiting the body to un-natural processes. Surely this isn't good!

We talk about colds and flu all the time without ever drawing distinction between bacterial infections and viral infections.
I have heard and read from various sources that Bacterial infections/complications can be treated in various ways including antibiotics - although as we know now antibiotics can become useless after over repetitive use.

Viral infections do not respond to chemical concoctions, synthesised drugs, antibiotics, etc. The body will however improve and show signs to shake off a viral problem via natural means - herbalism and nutrition,etc. basically by natural means of strengthening the body, immune system and elimination process of the body.

Most importantly (and research this yourself) the body has it's own defence system (and all other systems of course - elimination, digestive,etc) and starts with shutting us down from unnecessary functions. We immediately feel 'Ill', run-down and start to rest.
We develop a fever - modern medicine aims at suppressing the fever. chemists/drug stores will sell you non-prescription medicine that will suppress the fever among over clever things like helping you sleep.

By allowing the fever to do it's job, sensibly, your body (T-cells) immediately starts seek & destroy missions against the virus. The virus isn't allowed to replicate and multiply (at extreme speed) if the fever heats us up enough and we rest.
Obviously people will question this as stupid - so research it, and if you happen to be in this position, have all luxuries & necessities on hand if possible -including a nurse / friend / spouse / parent ot whatever) to cool your head down. lots of water will obviously stop you dehydrate but also ensure your systems flow well including the Lymph flow (we have more lymph than blood apparently).

I do wonder about man-made viruses though - on ATS there is often threads about chemtrails, well surely we could be subjected to some kind of attack!?!
What does anyone make of that? - do you think that could be a real possibilty or agenda?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by matsplat

Let me tell a story that happened to my daughter which was 3 years old at the time.

My daughter was admitted to the hospital for Pneumonia while treating her the nurse gave her a medication that was suppose to be given to some old guy down the hall, she hung the bag, opened it up and walked out without checking the name or medication out first. I walked over to the I.V. bag and noticed someone's else name on it. I shut the medication off immediately, called the head nurse, and by that time, everyone knew what was going on all the way to the other end of the hallway, while we were waiting for the head nurse, the nurse that hung the I.V., came back in and immediately took the I.V. down and walked out thats was while I was looking for the head nurse.

At the Nurses station, the nurse that gave the I.V., told me she did nothing wrong and was continually repeating it, I was on the verge of calling the cops. but what I was really pissed off about (and I found out later), was that nurse tried to dispose the I.V. bag in the trash. They had to fly a specialized nurse in from 600 miles away just to monitor my daughter overnight.

What does this have to do with the subject you ask, everything. not only did she developed asthma she also developed allergies you would not believe, allergic to eggs,fish,milk,shellfish, and a slew of allergies as long as your arm that I can't think of right now.

Since that time, I have been monitoring her intake(what she ate) including medications for many years now and I'm glad to say she's is in excellent health.

So please be careful of what you take.

Thanks OP for this subject.

top topics

join