It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Livecam from Gaza

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Morning has just shifted over.. You can now hear more going on.. Dogs barking.. And things are picking up.. Its morning now, and people are waking up. (if they could even sleep to begin with)

I have noted morning times, and the signs of the prayers over the loudspeakers.
Oh this is just creepy indeed. Very surreal! And very sobering to the mind.
May their prayers send them hope of some kind..

This is as real as it gets here. This is the day unfolding before our eyes here.. Something I am partly torn between.
While this is purely for my education. There is no joy in watching this.
Non what so ever.
It gives me shivers.

Let us take a moment and join them in their prayers.. May it be for the postive of heart.. No matter what you belive.. Take a moment to send them some postive energy! something postive.. Save atleast 1 life today.
Spare one child.. Please God.. It doesnt matter what God you are or what you belive.. This isnt about our pety differences anymore.
This is more than that.. much more.

[edit on 9-1-2009 by zysin5]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
What I'm hearing now is really creepy.
For a few seconds I heard Hindu prayers/singing.

link   
It sounds like someone is shouting something over a loud speeker. What is that?

link   
What is being said over the loud speakers? That is freaking me out! Anyone understand it?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I don't speak Arabic unfortunately but it sounds like a prayers being song over a loud speaker. It really is haunting.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
This is obviously some kind of prayer. This is normal at dawn in this part of the world.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
It sounds like someone is shouting something over a loud speeker. What is that?

Good, I'm not going crazy.
I'm hearing the same thing.
Sounds like what a concentration camp in Nazi Germany would sound like.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
What your hearing is morning Muslim prayer.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Well, it's about 4:36 in the morning - Saturday, in Gaza... 9:36 EST US where I am.

Rooster is crowing - dogs wailing - some kind of prayer being sung over an intercom - heard an explosion off in the distance and continuous planes flying overhead with random, what appears to be, machine gun firing.

A horrible example is being set for the world. I feel ashamed for those who are unwilling to share this land. It reminds me of my Navy SEAL husband of 15 years, now ex, who took my small parcel of land, my business and my children away from me because he felt he deserved these and not I. On a very small scale I can relate to what is going on in Gaza due to having this humbling experience. Piggish attitudes of onesided entitlement displaying no desire to share resources will surely be the death of us all. May God have mercy on those souls who still desire to share...

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
That is the call to prayers we are hearing over the loudspeakers.
Arabic is rusty; not catching all of it.....
Main gist is: "God is Great...etc."

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
well if what is being said over the loud speakers are morning prayers.... I hope everyone can hear them and finds it reassuring in such a scary time. It is a very surreal experience to be hearing this and seeing this live as we are.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Key-Minder
It reminds me of my Navy SEAL husband of 15 years, now ex, who took my small parcel of land, my business and my children away from me because he felt he deserved these and not I. On a very small scale I can relate to what is going on in Gaza due to having this humbling experience. Piggish attitudes of onesided entitlement displaying no desire to share resources will surely be the death of us all. May God have mercy on those souls who still desire to share...

That's terrible.
Surely someone from the Navy, or any other branch of army, would have the intelligence to know how to make an agreement and know how to share with other people.

This is an example of what happens when people can't make a unanimous agreement with other people to solve a important problem.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SleeplessInUS

In the Muslim parts of the world, Imams climb the minarets and call the faithful to morning prayers. This is an old custom and done several times a day.... Of course nowadays a loudspeaker is used.

[edit on 9-1-2009 by keltdruid65]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
It is a very surreal experience.

And it is so sad. There is nothing we can do, except maybe at the same time we can look at the live cam and just relay the thought, over and over again, to stop fighting and share the land. I'm going to give it a whirl.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
They consider 4:30 in the morning dawn? Oh my.

Well, as another poster said, I hope it gives peace and hope to all who hear it.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by keltdruid65

its a shame that something like that has to be punctuated by the sounds of bombs and gunfire.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I'm sympathetic to the ex-wife of a SEAL. Now back to the task at hand, monitoring this webcam feed..

Prayers are still going, well I assume they are prayers. Anyone think the prayer is also being used as a "call to arms" alarm for locals to gear up? I mean, didn't the Hamas leader say the Israelis would be walking into a mass grave of some sort?

If I was Arab and had any sense, I would wait until my enemy's Sabbath to attack, but that is just me.

I don't feel so eerie or spooked as much as I feel intrigued, not so much joy, but a lot of anticipation. Oh, I need a refill of my cherry pepsi. Goin to the 'Sev'.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SleeplessInUS

I agree. It is sad.
It would not be a stretch to think that the morning call to prayer could a signal pre-arranged for Anything. I doubt it though....
I also thought I heard the cawing of crows and ravens????? Hope not carrion crows....
As a friend of mine said, "May God come to those who deserve it."

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Sending as many positive thoughts as I can, to the people of Gaza... Those with families, living in fear...

War is so sad. I hope that someday the people will realize that we are all the same, and decide on peace...

Without soldiers, there could be no war of greed and death.

I hope that these people stay safe.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
CNN is reporting that stage 3 is about to start, that means fighting street by street, block by block.It's about to get real ugly.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join