It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Livecam from Gaza

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I just jot down some times of when things happen.
When I turned on the webcam, it was very quiet. I turned it on around 8:09.(Eastern Standard Time)
Here's some stuff that happened while I was watching this webcam.

8:10 PM - Sound of explosion
8:12 PM - Sounds of gunshots in backgroun
8:13 - Sounds of plane
- Sound of explosion and gunshots
- Smoke goes across screen (?)
8:14 to 8:15 - Continues last sound of plane and gunshots
8:15 - Screams (?)
- Sound of planes
8:16 - Sound of loud explosion
8:17 - Sound of plane and gunshots
- Sound of machine gun, loud explosion, and more machine guns
8:18 - Sound of loud explosion

I stopped taking down times of when and what things were happening, but it continues to escalate from there.

Something that doesn't have to do with middle east issues, but at 8:23 roosters starting yelling and it still hasn't stopped(it's 8:35 when I wrote this). It was really clear that it was roosters(or some other kind of bird). Maybe they were trying to wake people up as a sense of danger?

I found watching/listening to this very frightning. I can't imagine what's running through these people's minds while sitting at home trying to sleep, with gunshots and explosions in the background.

Thought this reply might be a little helpful.

[edit on 9-1-2009 by CNRHKick]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The feed is fine, I have been watching since I first saw this thread and I am just now shutting it off for a while.

The bombing has been constant and has really picked up in the last hour or so.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

Nevermind, I just closed out of it and re-opened the link and it's fine now. I wonder what those roosters are calling at.

Not to make light of the situation, but here is a flash game commentary of the raid on Gaza. It might seem like it's trivializing the situation, but it's still interesting to play if you have 3 minutes. Watching this live footage made me think of this game. It's currently on Newgrounds frontpage games.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
It's about 3:30 am in gaza so they still got a good portion of night remaining, the sun is rising over Pakistan at the moment.

I think the cocks are crowing because they're freaked out by the war.

Anyone know what the orange section of horizon that apears to be the main battle is?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CNRHKick

It certainly has been intense... I've had it on for two and a half hours, but i had it on before that...had to turn it off.

there has been some truly horrific "action" going on....

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epic Wolf

Not to make light of the situation, but here is a flash game commentary of the raid on Gaza. It might seem like it's trivializing the situation, but it's still interesting to play if you have 3 minutes. Watching this live footage made me think of this game. It's currently on Newgrounds frontpage games.

Are you serious????

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
As a person with a rooster, those bastards call all day and night. You can listen carefully and here one rooster is calling to another and they are playing off each other. I don't think they sense any impending doom.

As far as the drones go, I'm not sure what model they are, but I am fairly certain that they are armed drones. There are reports of drones striking buildings already. So all night long those things are circling over head probably carrying hellfire misses. What's worse is when you hear the IDF F-15's or 16's overhead.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I'm not saying I agree with killing on either side of the conflict, but it is an interesting look at these events. One persons opinion put into flash.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321
What's worse is when you hear the IDF F-15's or 16's overhead.

Or the massive explosions...or the rockets being fired and landing....or the heavy artilery/ gunfire....

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Why do I get the feeling that this is all meant as a provocation for Iran?

Israel badly wants to attack Iran, and perhaps brutal attacks on these Palestinians could incite the Iranians to get involved, then giving Israel the much desired option to confront Iran militarily to remove the nuclear threat that Iran is to them.

The Palestinian people are the innocent victims trapped between the Israelis, Hamas and other radical terrorist organizations, including nations like Iran and Syria which are supporters of Hamas and others also a threat to Israel. I'm not sure the Middle East will find peace until either Israel or all opposing Arab nations have been completely annihilated... One way or the other, that is the only way peace will come to this region.

I've had enough of watching this, all I can do is pray... and I will pray for it to end.

If we are really lucky tomorrow there will be a lasting ceasefire, or perhaps soon... For the sake of the innocent trapped in Gaza it must end.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Or the massive explosions...or the rockets being fired and landing....or the heavy artilery/ gunfire....

Indeed. I sure hope we don't get to witness any white phosphorus attacks. I am seeing tons of pictures of them in my local newspaper.

Why do I get the feeling that this is all meant as a provocation for Iran?

Chances are they (Israel) are well aware that it might provoke Iran. Thus dragging the US into the conflict. Lets hope it doesn't get to that point because that would without a doubt in my mind trigger a WW3 scenario. Russia steps in... China dumps dollars.. US economy collapses... all out war...

[edit on 9-1-2009 by DerekJR321]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Epic Wolf

Your lack of taste sickens me.... how is that game relevant to this thread at all??

I clicked on it??

it's pathetic?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I just have to commend the brave soul who put the cam up. I have just this to say to you who are suprised or taken aback by the images of war live...Welcome to the Real World.

This is what war is like, I know most everyone here is not naive but to all those who don't look at the news or read periodicals that show our world as it is, this is real life...Pain, tragedy, War. I feel sympathy and empathy for all affected but the realist in me says "Wake up and see, this is life, the ugly exists as well as the beautiful, deal with it."

I think if they had more people doing this in different areas of conflict, we, as people would say "Enough!" and push for more help in these wartorn people's homelands. Can you imagine watching Darfur genocide live? I can, and it's sad, sickening, and all too real. Eyes wide open, or shut?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this. Good to see what's going in, especially since Israel isn't allowing reporters in. I wonder how long this cam will be up for. Hopefully it's location doesn't become a target. If we're watching it I'm sure Israeli or American intelligence know about it also, or will.

Can anybody recommend software to record this?
Is anybody recording it yet?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Thank you for the link to the live cam. I was searching google for a while for it. Star for you. I'm sure there are many other people looking for this link as well. Now we can see what is going on in gaza streets with our own eyes on the camera. Interesting is all I can say.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Sound's like some huge planes are flying over.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieSlayer

It's an Israeli cam!!

"This is actually a stream from Nana10, an isreali news station.

www.nana10.co.il..."

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Other than the subject matter being completely relevant, but other than that, take it how you like. Don't play it then. I just added it as what I saw as interesting take on how some people are showing thier opinions. Look at the comments on the game. Sounds like how ATS is sounding on some of these threads. Taste has nothing to do with it.

Back on topic, I havn't heard any gun fire since the roosters started. They stopped for a while, but then started up again as I was typing this. All I hear is buzzing sounds, I guess from these 'drones' all of you keep hearing.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Perhaps why we're not "seeing" too much of the devastation.

[edit on 9/1/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epic Wolf
It might seem like it's trivializing the situation, but it's still interesting to play if you have 3 minutes. Watching this live footage made me think of this game.

Watching this reminded you of "playing this game"

THAT is sickening.....

THAT is the furthest thing from my mind....

Seriously

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join