It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives are acting like Obama's already has been President for years.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
They are acting like he hasn't changed anything and he is about to go out of office. Much of the criticism I see conservatives make is invalid. They say "Obama hasn't done anything" and well you know, his inauguration is only 11 days away! So... some people are really judgmental. I don't understand this mindset.

*correction in post for changing 5 days to 11

[edit on 9-1-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
why must u generalize

all x's are not y's

its basic common courtesy

I do not act like he has been President for years

I think he is a fine person

He is going to govern under difficult times

He is only human

I highly doubt he will govern as a liberal, he will most likely take a centrists position at least in his first term so as to get reelected in 2012.

I think Liberals are the ones that are going to be disappointed with Barry.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ConservativeJack

Liberals, Conservatives.. neither one is really any good at governing anything. Obama has a stimulus plan and its quite a bit better than Bush's check but its still just more Keynesian economics. I think a centrist stance would be the ideal way to run the government. The only real hope I hold for Obama is that he stands up to Israel.

And this thread is pretty polarizing. Probably will just break out into a flame war.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Liberals, Conservatives.. neither one is really any good at governing anything. Obama has a stimulus plan and its quite a bit better than Bush's check but its still just more Keynesian economics. I think a centrist stance would be the ideal way to run the government. The only real hope I hold for Obama is that he stands up to Israel.

And this thread is pretty polarizing. Probably will just break out into a flame war.

why do you throw a shot at Bush

The economy wen't to hell 3 months ago

Bush passed that huge Bail Out

That both parties supported (centrist)

Yet you still have this snippy attitude

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Why are they attacking an elected president who hasn't even assumed office instead of focusing on the current president and administration who are the absolute worst in U.S. history?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece
Why are they attacking an elected president who hasn't even assumed office instead of focusing on the current president and administration who are the absolute worst in U.S. history?

Bush is not the worst.

Clinton getting a blow job was worse than anything Bush did.

Bush is one of the GREATEST Presidents we have ever had the privilege of electing.

History books will be written on his greatness.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Thats rather funny. I have never seen a President- Elect use a phony "Office of the President- Elect" emblem on his podium before. So maybe it does seem like years.

Why do Liberals act like Obama has years of noteworthy experience?

As for his stimulus package... I'm all for the tax cuts. We'll see how is infrastructure construction plan holds up. It will end up as an earmark/pork barrel fiasco.

It will be interesting to which contractors "win" the "bids". I can assure you that many will be checking the donation rosters. I have a friend who owns a medium sized excavating/Underground Utility firm. He is not holding his breath.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

that was funny...you almost had me going for a minute there!

(you were being fatuous, right?)

edited for redundancy

[edit on 9-1-2009 by g raj]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Bush and his lying, thieving, murdering neocon cabal is the ABSOLUTE WORST in history. Pure evil.

Did Clinton's blow job lead to a false-flag 9/11 terrorist attack, murder a million Iraqi and Afghani civilians, waste TRILLIONS of dollars in illegal POS wars, diminish domestic freedoms and civil liberties or destroy an economy?

I can't believe how brainwashed some people are. Do you really think there was anything positive about the BushCo regime during the last 8 years?

But then again, someone who's so caught up in being a conservative that he uses it for his screen name is undoubtedly totally clueless.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece

Bush and his lying, thieving, murdering neocon cabal is the ABSOLUTE WORST in history. Pure evil.

Did Clinton's blow job lead to a false-flag 9/11 terrorist attack, murder a million Iraqi and Afghani civilians, waste TRILLIONS of dollars in illegal POS wars, diminish domestic freedoms and civil liberties or destroy an economy?

I can't believe how brainwashed some people are. Do you really think there was anything positive about the BushCo regime during the last 8 years?

But then again, someone who's so caught up in being a conservative that he uses it for his screen name is undoubtedly totally clueless.

you are out of line

show respect (you post like you don't have any for me so why would I bother to respect you (which kills your CREDIBILITY)

play by yourself

new topics

top topics

join