It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HIV/AIDS and The Bug Chasers!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Could this be a result of government mind control?
------------------------------

MAG: 25% OF NEW HIV-INFECTED GAY MEN SOUGHT OUT VIRUS

New ROLLING STONE Managing Editor Ed Needham is set to hit complete controversy with a 4-page report: "Bug Chasers: The Men Who Secretly Long To Be HIV+."

Filed by Greg Freeman, the shock story claims some men with HIV are deliberately having unprotected sex with those who want to be infected!

MORE

"The men who want the virus are called 'bug chasers,' and the men who freely give them the virus are called 'gift givers.' While the rest of the world fights the AIDS epidemic and most people fear HIV infection, this subculture celebrates the virus and eroticizes it," reports Freeman in the February 6, 2003 edition of ROLLING STONE.

At least twenty-five percent of all newly infected gay men fall into [bug-chasing] category, according to one claim in the magazine.

"In this world, the men with HIV are the most desired, and the bug chasers will do anything to get the virus."

Gay groups "aggressively encouraged" Freeman to drop the article.

One sad passage captures a young man in New York City who wants to be infected:

"His eyes light up as he says that the actual moment of transmission, the instant he gets HIV, will be 'the most erotic thing I can imagine.'"

An infector is quoted as saying: "I'm murdering him in a sense, killing him slowly, and that's sort of, as sick as it sounds, exciting to me."

MAG: 25% OF NEW HIV-INFECTED GAY MEN SOUGHT OUT VIRUS

New ROLLING STONE Managing Editor Ed Needham is set to hit complete controversy with a 4-page report: "Bug Chasers: The Men Who Secretly Long To Be HIV+."

Filed by Greg Freeman, the shock story claims some men with HIV are deliberately having unprotected sex with those who want to be infected!

MORE

"The men who want the virus are called 'bug chasers,' and the men who freely give them the virus are called 'gift givers.' While the rest of the world fights the AIDS epidemic and most people fear HIV infection, this subculture celebrates the virus and eroticizes it," reports Freeman in the February 6, 2003 edition of ROLLING STONE.

At least twenty-five percent of all newly infected gay men fall into [bug-chasing] category, according to one claim in the magazine.

"In this world, the men with HIV are the most desired, and the bug chasers will do anything to get the virus."

Gay groups "aggressively encouraged" Freeman to drop the article.

One sad passage captures a young man in New York City who wants to be infected:

"His eyes light up as he says that the actual moment of transmission, the instant he gets HIV, will be 'the most erotic thing I can imagine.'"

An infector is quoted as saying: "I'm murdering him in a sense, killing him slowly, and that's sort of, as sick as it sounds, exciting to me."

www.gazeguide.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Nope I doubt government mind control is ddoing this, but a mindset in some people that find this erotic, a fetish if you would.

The source you quoted I read a while back, I cant believe that the figure is as high as 25% of new infections though.

Pi

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 02:51 PM
link   
No offense, but this sounds like a homophobic conservatives dream. They can say, -Oh! They wanted this! So they deserve it!- I doubt that 25% of the currently infected population got it willingly. But alot of people don't mourn their disease after they get it. They feel a new sense to live life as a blessing and to not take advantage of anything or anyone. Sometimes, something like that can give you so much more life, than death.

...pI

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   
it makes you think about what they want it for. i dont think its mind control, but i think its weird that they actually seek for it. why?

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerekpacIsAlive
it makes you think about what they want it for. i dont think its mind control, but i think its weird that they actually seek for it. why?

Cause 25% of them know they serve no real purpose. Maybe just a thought.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerekpacIsAlive

Some people self mutilate, some people like me smoke 1 to 2 packs of cigarettes a day (sometimes thinking...can I feel the cancer?)...and I'm sure there are those that seek out the virus. Humans can be really self destructive. In different ways. Your destructive habits may not be mine...but they're all self destructive. That 25% number scares me but I don't have other self-destructive numbers for comparison.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   
old news. that rolling stone article is almost a year old. although not too long ago I saw an episode of the John Walsh Show (now there's quality journalism there
), about this 'bug chasing' phenomenon. now, earlier that week my mom had dragged me over to watch an episode of that show on depression in young people. it was so stupid it almost gave me a headache. depression was painted in such a way to get an "oh my God! what the hell is wrong with thouse people" reaction, and I'll bet the 'bug chasing' episode was deliberately set up the same way. I don't doubt that there are some people that are doing it, like the poster above said, people can be self-destructive in some pretty spectacular ways. but, I doubt we'll ever get any information on this through the mainstream media that isn't being pumped for all of the shock value it can get.

[Edited on 12/26/2003 by MorningtonCrescent]

new topics

top topics

join