It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charging gadgets using a magnet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Charging gadgets using a magnet

news.bbc.co.uk

Magnetic induction could soon spell the end of tangled cables and a frustrating hunt for the gadget's charger.

Israeli company Powermat uses RFID tags to identify what is being laid down to charge. The RFID tags are held in a case made to fit around popular gadgets such as iPods, laptops, and mobile phones.

Sensing systems allow devices with very different voltages to be charged at the same time.

The technology can also be used to power household objects such as flat screen TVs or kitchen appliances.

The first products fitted with the eCoupled technology should appear by late 2009
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1/9/2009 by corvin77]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Finally some technology advancements that make sense and could potentialy lead to technologies closer to free energy!!

Dont get me wrong, Im not saying this is anywhere near free energy, all im saying is, that in my opinion, this tech relates very closely to free energy ideas out there at the mo and could be a stepping stone or a step closer!!

Any thoughts??

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by corvin77

firstly title of Topic is wrong and against TC
you have to post what the news article says

which is "Charging gadgets using a magnet"

secondly this isnt new as its been out there for years

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Apologies and updated as requested!!

This news article is dated today, I am quite aware that the idea has been out there for a long time, I'm just glad to see it'll finally be put into practicle use, unlike many other great technologies being swept under the carpet!!

new topics

top topics

join