It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are ATS members SMARTER than Congress?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I meant no disrespect or insult at the time but to merely point out a certain fact. Congress is corrupted. Honesty is a constraint, in their eyes, and they won't have any of that. If their lips are moving then they are lying. If they say they didn't know and are sorry, then they did know and they are NOT sorry. They have off-shore accounts where much of the bail-out money is housed in the names of people not affiliated with them but they have access to. Congress people skirt the laws and use laws to do that. They are hardwire to do so because they are lying, stealing, dishonest, dishonorable sacks of un-American dung and ATS members are not.

Never mind what the bailout plan says; it was designed with the intent to be stolen by those who wrote the plan, period. If you or ATS members don't realize it or refuse to admit that, then you answer your own question. Congress is "smarter" and has more "common sense". If you and ATS member can realize it or do admit that, then the question becomes irrelevant because it then becomes the question: who does Congress work for, because it certainly is not us?

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

[edit on Mon Jan 12 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MichJJC

No disrespect taken. Actually, I think many of us did think that Congress might listen to us, as we had organized quite a group of people to phone and email the reps. I think a lot of us learned quite a lesson in October. I understand your point though, about their goals. In the long run, though, I think that they revealed their stupidity, because most of them just took the word of Frank, Pelosi and Paulson. I also believe that many of them regret what they did now, perhaps not the leaders, but many of the reps, who will of course, have to run again in 2 years. In November of 08 they could say they "voted for the bill" to save the country. In 2010, they won't be able to use that excuse, and candidates running against them will have a big issue to use against them.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by MichJJC

In November of 08 they could say they "voted for the bill" to save the country. In 2010, they won't be able to use that excuse, and candidates running against them will have a big issue to use against them.

The heart and thoughts of Americans are, unfortunately, fleeting. Come 2010 many will have forgotten or at least forgiven the bungling actions of congress and many of those crooks will be re-elected. They will stress the things the did, do right and down play their involvement in the loss of the $750 billion. Our election laws and the 26th amendment needs to change or we can expect more of the same.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Perhaps the question I should have asked is "Do ATS members have more common sense than the average politician?"

Ahhh, you missed it. Poor ole common sense has become an endangered species with one of the last living members of the families obituary being published with little fanfare.

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he
was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red
tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable
lessons as: Knowing when to come in out of the rain; Why the early
bird gets the worm; Life isn't always fair; and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend
more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not
children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but
overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old
boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens
suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher
fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed
to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a
little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.

source

Very few of our politicians hold any common sense. The ones that do, we should be paying attention to. The ones that don't, we should be paying even closer attention to.

It appears that a majority of our members possess common sense. The rest I would hope are working on it. It's a trait sorely lacking for a lot of people now days.

Edit:forgot the source link.

[edit on 10-1-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Very few of our politicians hold any common sense.

The only two that I know of in the House are Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich. The fact that both had great support by many of the ATS members speaks to the common sense of them.
Thanks for the OBIT. Yes, I did miss it.
Cheers.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
If you ever watch the movie Religilous. The person is interviewing the Senator of Arkansas asking questions and the senator Mark Pryor quoted
"You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the Senate" then he had the dumbest look on his face.

So i would say yes..ALOT of ATS members are probably smarter than ALOT of congress members

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Yes.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Are ATS members SMARTER than Congress?
YES, they are.

My cat is smarter than Congress

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Answer is yes... The solution to the problem is organizing the people to stand up to congress... The problem with the solution is weeding out the idiots who believe their left wing and right wing lies.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join