It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Feds Bubble Trouble

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

A few weeks ago when the Fed announced a strategy designed to bring down long-term interest and home mortgage rates through unlimited Treasury bond purchases, government debt staged a spectacular rally. To the unschooled market observer, the spike may be difficult to understand. After all, why would the value of Treasury bonds rise while their underlying credit quality is deteriorating faster than Bernie Madoff’s social schedule? The move is actually a perfect illustration of the tried and true Wall Street strategy of “buy the rumor and sell the fact”.

www.europac.net...

This done by man man Peter Schiff who has once again spelled out plain as day how the whole scenario of the next two years or so will play out. The question is however will anyone listen.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I swear I am starting to think that rumor, FUD and all these economic gurus like Schiff, Krugman and Roubini are half of the problem.

To much information has the free market positively schizophrenic. Our monetary system is OLD. All of this economic doom speculation and instant 24/7 information access is jacking things up. It's like trying to run the latest software on an old computer - it's bound to crash.

I know people are scared but they just need to calm down. Reports like the link will likely ensure that Treasuries are, in fact, a bubble. Like someone stated in another thread, getting out of the dollar because it might collapse will very likely increase the probability of it collapsing.

Maybe one of these geniuses ought to come up with an idea of how to make the market less vulnerable to criminal intent, excessive greed, instant gratification and manipulation.

[edit on 9/1/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
But then how would we separate the wheat from the chaff? LOL
We need plenty of chances to screw over our fellow man.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Well If you were watching Obama this morning after the numbers on the unemployment I think that he is actually targeting or about to target the same points that you mention on your post.

Is going to make life very difficult for those greedy fat rats bastards in Wall street for now on.

I hope it comes true and is just nothing but babbling.

[edit on 9-1-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
We just had a market 'problem' with 6 trillion dollars evaporating. The Fed, a private British bank, is now creating an additional 11 billion a DAY since September. Which we are 'borrowing' from that private bank, at interest (clearly contrary to our supposed law and Constitution). The banksters have created a, what has been called, phantom economy, using derivatives and credit swaps (named such to break the law) that is now evaporating to the tune of 592 TRILLION dollars, 100x what we just saw happen. We are currently experiencing DEflation, from the disappearance of only the 6 tril. Just wait. I can't comprehend what is about to happen. All the banksters need to be imprisoned, and their accomplices (bribed to allow it) calling themselves our 'representatives', need to join them. Not going to happen yet. I would suggest that you buy whatever precious metal you can get, and that is not much, store food and water, get a gun at auction not registered, hold all your money at home, in cash, and just keep quiet. Lay low, there is going to be a lot of frag flying overhead.
People can't figure out why the Treasuries are still floating. Well that is easy. We may have it bad here, but worldwide it is a LOT worse. So THEY are buying our Treasuries.

new topics

top topics

join