It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Most worrying Doomsday prediction for a good reason some think (Please Read Facts/Evidence +

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
yeah, you know im really not convinced on any of the theories that have been in question about 2012. I honestly dont believe any doomsday type scenario will happen. I truly dont. If anything, I think something miraculous will happen. Possibly a step forward in human evolution (as they have proven evolution happens very quickly, not slowly over long periods of time). Possibly a huge war will begin that will destroy much of the planet and its people, but in the end bring the people left on the planet closer together and develop into a new type of world.

I really am not sure... but I dont have a bad feeling about it. I think people worry far too much about a date.

relax and enjoy life while you are still on the planet and focus on the positive things... it might be that with everyone thinking chaotically about some future event... something chaotic will happen... but if we all focus on a good event... maybe it will turn the tides and something good will happen. I.E. theory of relativity.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
I see what you are saying but why is this going to happen specifically in 2012?

Because the Mayan calendar ends?

Its a huge misconception that the Mayan calender ends in 2012. Most scholars agree that it is a combination of three different calenders, and 2012 simply coincides with a change of all three calenders.

Its extrmely advanced, and like Nibiru, is being hyped up simply for profit for certain ibvidulas who prey on peoples gullibility.... (like the OP)

[edit on 20/8/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I hate reading titles on posts that say "evidence" and there is nothing but pure speculation and theories.

I have no problem with speculation based on evidence, but the nonsense being used as evidence we cannot speculate on.

If you haven't read A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson, I suggest you do. It is an awesome book that shows how fallible science is, and most people, ESPECIALLY Scientists are proving completely wrong at some point in history.

You almost lost me when you used the term Ufologist.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Science can not be a complete and utter failure or our tech would not be... hence the computer and television cars, engines and airplanes even space probes... All knwoledge is from trial and error...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
’23,000-year-old Creature may be Cloned: Woolly Mammoth Unearthed in Siberia’
Reuters, 22 October 1999

www.trussel.com...

‘The Time/Space Dis-Continuum’
Rich Anders

Dead animals cannot speak. Nonetheless, sometimes they tell a story. Of all the ones that do there is one mammoth which tells the most remarkable of all. It is not the mammoth’s size, which makes this story so impressive. It is the story’s uniqueness. There are other animals involved in the same kind of story telling, but none of them tells the story so crystal clear. The story itself is quite simple: the mammoth died of a sudden death. Its body was deep-frozen instantly. When the mammoth was found in the Siberian permafrost region thousands of years later, its body tissue was so well preserved that the sledge dogs very eagerly fed on it. In fact, the mammoth’s body had not decomposed at all as it was subjected to freezing conditions in its solitary grave.

There are many stories of mammoths roaming the glacial planes of Europe and Siberia. I always wondered where these huge animals found enough food to live on in a cold climate where but little vegetation could exist. The Siberian mammoth finally gave an answer to this baffling question that made sense: those plains were not glacial; they were subtropical and in other more distant locations there was steppe vegetation as proven by the most recent findings.

The mammoth had plants in its stomach and even in its mouth undigested and very well preserved by the subzero temperatures. All these were plants as found in a subtropical climate. The plants made this mammoth a scientific sensation. For if the mammoth lived in a subtropical climate, how come it was deep-frozen so quickly as not to decompose even a little?

The author lives in a subtropical climate. From experience one knows that everything decomposes very fast under the impact of heat and the sun’s intense radiation. No dead organic matter can defy these factors. It cannot be assumed that this dead mammoth would not have reacted to these factors of a subtropical climate. Had it been exposed to heat only for one day, the signs of beginning decomposition would have been clearly visible. But there were none! The only conclusion possible at all is [that] the climate must have changed from subtropical to arctic in a very short time. It is this very point of the mammoth’s story which makes it an utterly controversial one.

Cataclysmic evolutionists made this mammoth one of their main arguments in favor of their theories. All the others preferred to overlook it or tried to explain this obvious conclusion away. And yet, this mammoth proves very clearly [that] there must exist somehow the possibility for the climate to change practically from one moment to the next and very drastically so. For in this case it was not a change of several degrees of latitude. This was a dramatic change, which by its very nature shows it shifted the climatic zones over at least a quarter of the globe. This, in turn, means that the poles’ locations had changed, too. It cannot have been a gradual change as some cataclysmic evolutionists suggest; it must have been a change which took place in an instant. This point adds further spice to the mammoth’s story, for it is precisely this point which upsets many orthodox scientific theories. . . .

www.world-mysteries.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Here´s my theory for the end of 2012:

A lot of people are going to feel like a punch of nitwits when their houses of cards come crashing down,
Or they SHOULD be, but instead they will just build new ones, repeating the same thing all over
again and each time expecting different results.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by leowh

The mammoth in question did not live in a subtropical area nor was eating subtropical plants.

Mixing fact with fiction is a typical mark of a hoaxer.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join