It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Air Force Releases 'Counter-Blog' Marching Orders"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Bloggers: If you suddenly find Air Force officers leaving barbed comments after one of your posts, don't be surprised. They're just following the service's new "counter-blogging" flow chart. In a twelve-point plan, put together by the emerging technology division of the Air Force's public affairs arm, airmen are given guidance on how to handle "trolls," "ragers" -- and even well-informed online writers, too. It's all part of an Air Force push to "counter the people out there in the blogosphere who have negative opinions about the U.S. government and the Air Force," Captain David Faggard says.

So now the USA government is openly going to go after blogs and their ilk in what I like to consider a PR offensive. I am not quite sure what to think of this, but I do know that it makes me feel a bit uneasy.

Now in this Wired article they assume that the"air force personnel" will make themselves known, I personally am not to quick to make this assumption.

Would it not make sense to, at least, have officers contradict negative posts in anonymity?

[edit on 9-1-2009 by Animal]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry Animal. There is alreaedy a thread on this.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

So there is...

Thread closed.

join