It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long Island doctor Richard Batista to estranged wife: Give me my kidney back or $1.5M

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Long Island doctor Richard Batista to estranged wife: Give me my kidney back or $1.5M

www.nydailynews.com

Richard Batista can live with his broken heart. He just can't bear his cheating wife living with his healthy kidney.

The Long Island doctor wants the one-time love of his life to pay $1.5 million for the organ he bestowed on her eight years ago in a gift meant to save her life and their foundering marriage.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cbsnews.com
www.huffingtonpost.com

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Oh that's good. I doubt he will get the kidney back, I seriously doubt he will get the 1.5 million either. But what unmitigated gaul for him to demand!

You know it's bad enough that vital organs have become commodities, now we have a case of someone suing for the return of a commodity.

Believe me I know a divorce can be hard, especially with a cheating spouse. But this guy takes the cake! (or the kidney)

www.nydailynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I'll see your kidney and raise you a gallbladder and an appendix.

This is rich! I'm guessing that if she had to have a kidney transplant to stay alive that what this guy is really asking is for her to DIE!

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Does seem like that doesn't it? I mean some divorces go badly (believe me) but man this is uber vindictive.

I mean what is the judge going to say? Well it was his organ to begin with, he gave it to her in good faith to try and repair the marriage, now that the marriage has completely failed I guess your going to have to return the organ to it's original owner.

I mean can't he just ask for the ring back?

[edit on 1/9/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I think the guy just shot himself in the foot legally. When you give someone something it becomes theirs. You don't get to dictate what happens to it after giving it away.

I can understand his pain and frustration at a perceived (or actual) betrayal/injustice from his ex but he's just making himself look like an @$$ by asking for the return of a life-saving organ.

He, of course, will NOT get it back and I seriously doubt he'll get the 1.5million for it since it's illegal to sell organs which is what a monetary settlement would amount to.

It'd be hilarious if the judge ordered "visitation" of the kidney. Let him come over and watch her pee once every 2 weeks.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Evidently he didn't give his kidney to her to help her he did it to help himself. He deserves nothing but heartbreak and needs to get on with his life and learn from this lesson. When you give something no matter what it should be given without strings attached.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

What has he learned? Always make them sign a pre nup for vital organs? Or perhaps he learned that the way to a woman's heart isn't through her kidney?

Yes the dude has obviously shown how much of a [snip] he is by this lawsuit. But in all honesty, she did cheat on him after he gave her the gift of life. I mean that's gotta be a kick in the [snip].

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

What has he learned? Always make them sign a pre nup for vital organs? Or perhaps he learned that the way to a woman's heart isn't through her kidney?

Ha ha! That's funny. It's more like you can love something with all you got but it doesn't mean it will love you back.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Maybe if he wishes real hard she will get a kidney stone or perhaps her body will reject his kidney like she rejected him

The guy has to think, he will always be a part of her in some small way

new topics

top topics

join