It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia Prison "Closures and Re-alignments" ... Kinda Troubling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I work for the Georgia Department of Corrections. Although I am not a real "insider", I hear stuff among the other employees, some of whom are long-term middle and upper-middle management law enforcement types.

Stuff is being said about very recent "closures" and "realignments" of numerous medium security facilities across the state. You can view specifics here:

www.dcor.state.ga.us/NewsRoom/PressReleases/081203.html

and here:

www.dcor.state.ga.us/NewsRoom/PressReleases/081105.html

and here:

www.dcor.state.ga.us/NewsRoom/PressReleases/080905b.html

and here:

www.dcor.state.ga.us/NewsRoom/PressReleases/080815c.html

One of the more interesting "re-alignments" is this one:

www.dcor.state.ga.us/NewsRoom/PressReleases/080815a.html

I. W. Davis PDC has been considered a "jewel" among the Georgia correctional facilities for many years. It had the capability of holding quite a large number of "detainees" and really is its own self contained little facility.

Here's the kicker: These places aren't really closing. They are still manned. Many of the prisoners/detainees have been transitioned into other larger facilities and they are scheduled to be totally empty very soon, but these installations are still being kept in an fully operationally intact status. A buddy of mine that has been in the department for many years told me that "there were some federal folks (his words) up there at I. W Davis looking around like they were kicking the tires." The implication, of course, is that (speculatively) somebody in the federal government was perhaps getting ready to co-opt the building and its capabilities for some purpose.

Additionally, there are several other large (albeit peripheral) correctional installations that are slated to be "closed."

A lot of the old time correctional people are whispering.

Is there anybody out there that could maybe add to this information?

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Kinda troubling? Very troubling if true. A general search really didn’t turn up anything you haven’t already posted. I’ll be interested in anything else you hear about it.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
i knew of the closings of several pre-release facilities; one in particular that housed a close relative. i wrote the ga dept of corrections to find out when the move would be paid (either end of 2008 or by february 2009).

the pre-release facilities are being re-aligned to their host facilities. i did not realize those facilities are still manned.

there is something quite amiss in georgia. the fema coffins; the cdc; increased military presence; increased billions poured into military housing and upgrades just to name a few.

this just adds to my belief georgia is a target of some sort and i feel it will be quite soon.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I live in North Carolina and they have stated in the news that 6 prisons are being "closed" next month. I find this troubling indeed. The reasons supposedly are due to the state having financial hardships, but when coupled with the rumors of depopulation agendas and FEMA camps, I am sickeningly troubled.

top topics

join