It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok so how do I 'wake up'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrvalleyboy

My thread is kind of a follow on from DarkStars recent thread about knowing when the world was BS (this may have been covered and if so I apologise) I have had this idea since I was quite young myself and Im aware that in todays society very little is what it seems. My main question is this - How exactly do I 'wake up'? How do I wake up? and What can I do to help find the truth?

Well I do not know that it is the same for everyone.

I'd say for myself it started after watching 9/11 Press for Truth.

9/11 press for truth - the confirmed lies in the 9/11 report

Then reading about Bohemian grove, and then Bilderbergers
on Wikipedia and elsewhere.

Bohemian Grove - cremation of care - mock human sacrifice

Alex Jones is pretty over the top so to speak, but a lot of what he
is saying is verifiable.

If you want to see video of the FEMA detention centers they are
on youtube, and explain things like the barb wire leaning in like
a prison and not out, ie. keep ppl in not keep ppl out.

FEMA camp setup in Beech Grove Indiana amtrak station

Notice the 6" high pressure gas main that is larger than what is run
into a Wal-mart supercenter.

Notice the doors and windows of most of the buildings have been
100% blocked except for one main large entrace.

Notice the Red tags and Blue tags on the fence spaced one body width
apart on the fence like a firing squad line.

Notice the US Army crane, and US Air force train.

The RFID turnstyles with tight spaced bars going floor to ceiling
are not typical of a train station, they are however typical of a
Super MAX prison.

94 percent of FEMA's budget has been spent on continuity of
goverment, and Directive 51 preparations.

FEMA & Directive 51 - Executive Orders that will be used under martial law to destroy america

A lot of ppl do not know they live in the constitution free zone in
the US and that fairly easy for some lame excuses it can be expanded
to cover more of the US.

Constitution free zone at US borders

They say it is for immigration but I find that a little hard to believe.

They do not enforce immigration when ppl call in and tell them
there is a house full of illegals next door.

I do not blame ppl for wanting to come here, but it is not making
the job situation better.

They talk about Homeland security of the borders but it is a joke at best,
and intentional at worst.

Another thing I'd look at to wake up is the NAU and Amero.

The NAU, the Amero, and RFID tracking passports and future implants

It is pretty hard to believe because it is such a huge departure from
the documents the country was founded on.

But if you look back to Nazi germany there are a lot of parallels.

David Rockefeller - one of the masters of puppets

Realize that most politicians are members of CFR and they know
that their own voters at home would not vote for them if they
knew their involvement in Rockefellers puppet organizations.

Another type of "waking up" has been achieved by some by
breathing in the vapors that come off of winter wheat seeds
while you sleep for a few nights.

Some ppl start to have some very vivid dreams, and some say
some of them come true, no verification on this, just something
to think about.

After you go over all the evidence that is out there and look for
confirmation of things like Executive order 11,000 you will realize
we are well and totally screwed as VERY few are awake and
the ones not awake think most of us that are awake are nuts.

Civilian manpower mobilization under Exec order 11,000

Good Luck to you all !

[edit on 10-1-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I realized I also forgot to mention....

Just because some ancient dudes wrote something down hundreds of years ago doesn't mean we should *believe* it to be true today.

Look, I saw a guy on CNBC tell people to buy shares in AIG the day before they went under. Now, I see regular evidence of people with advanced computer and information technology making horrific predictions so why should I place any value in something some ignorant savage wrote on a rock a thousand years ago or more?

Do you really think that some ancient writings, that we cannot actually read or properly understand, is something you should take seriously in these modern times?

So...let me get this straight....

If I walk down main street carrying a sign that says 'the world is ending' everyone would consider me a kook.

However.......if 600 years ago I write a sign that says, in an ancient and dead language, that 'the world is coming to an end' and then I leave this sign laying around in my hut, only to be found centuries later by an amateur archeologist, we all shake and rattle in our boots?

Hey, at least they guy walking down main street today carrying a sign has the tremendous advantage of actually living in the current culture.

It seems to me I have some books of Revelation to sell to some ATS members at a low-low price......

Seriously, why do any of you put any stock whatsoever in the writings of ancient, ignorant, primitive and savage people? How do you trust that any one, respected scholar or bullsh*t artist scholar, is capable of translating the actual meaning of the dead languages and, even if they could, why would you give it any weight or importance relative to modern life?

To be frank, it both saddens and astonishes me that people on this planet place more of their belief system into the writings of ancient savages rather than the latest discoveries with our own eyes, ears, intellect, and scientific instruments of this modern age.

How truly, truly, sad indeed.

JOhn

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Thanks for that Ex_mis' This is building into a brilliant source of information for me and hopefully to a lot of other people (although Id be happy if it only helped one other person apart from myself)

I do believe part of the solutions is spreading the word as much as possible For example - my mother and father scoffed at the idea that 9-11 was not what it appeared to be - oh how their minds changed after I sat them down to watch loose change They would never have begun to research something like that if they hadnt been told about it.

This is why any info that is provided on this thread is valued as it can only help to educate - even the stuff that is nonsense. We need the rubbish in there to help us determine what the truth is (if that makes sense)

One question to Ex in particular - in terms of these FEMA camps NWO etc How do you think the UK will figure in all this Im British myself and a lot of what I see seems to be aimed at the downfall of America - Where do we fit in? I know this is slightly off topic and I dont want it expanded on as its for another thread possibly but if you could just give be a brief opinion Id be interested

Thanks again

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I find myself in a 50/50 situation with regards to the likes of the Mayan calender and so on (Im a bit of a fencesitter much of the time and try to see both sides whenever I can which can lead to forming a decision being quite tricky) I think theres something in these old texts - their tevel of technology alone leads me to believe they may have been onto something or had access to info long lost to us. I found Eaths forbidden secrets and Uriels machine to be very informative and interesting

On the flip side I think that how can we say (for example) that 21st Dec 2012 is the end of the Mayan calender With all the changes to our calenders over time and the intro of leap years etc how can we positively say that is the exact date in our calender that it ends?!

As it has already been said - the rabbit hole does indeed go deep and its gonna be one hell of a ride

Thanks again

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
>>9/11 press for truth - the confirmed lies in the 9/11 report

Sigh, you guys really should stop this sort of thing. 9/11. Terrorists. Planes. Building. Crash. Boom. Flames. Sad.

The end.

>>Bohemian Grove - cremation of care

A 100 year old exclusive party of rich folks to get laid and have fun. Look, stop getting hung up because you didn't get invited.

>>Alex Jones is pretty over the top so to speak, but a lot of what he
is saying is verifiable.

Yes, verifiability crashing a party that he didn't get invited to.

I have sad news to the conspiratorial minded of ATS. Rich people will always have meetings with their other rich friends to talk about things which concern other rich people and you aren't invited. Get over it. Or, at least, hold a kick ass party at your house and don't invite any rich white people so you can get back at them.

Either way, let it go.

>>If you want to see video of the FEMA detention centers they are
on youtube, and explain things like the barb wire leaning in like
a prison and not out, ie. keep ppl in not keep ppl out.

FEMA, blah, blah, blah, FEMA, FEMA, FEMA.

Look, I'm not even a conspiracy nut, and yet still I've got a gun. So do you I'm sure. So does everyone else. Long before people will allow themselves to be 'rounded up' by FEMA they will defend their property *as is their right*.

If that day ever comes to pass, I'll stand side by side with my conspiracy nut brothers and mow down the FEMA-Nazis. Until then, as I reside comfortably in my lake community as I have these past 15 years, I'm not overly concerned.

The fact of the matter is that I don't see how you have a better quality of life obsessing about conspiracies that are far beyond control than I do by not obsessing about them?

I mean, look, conspiracy nuts have been been worried about this sort of thing as long as I can remember. I'm nearly 50 years old and I've never seen anything happen and I doubt very seriously I ever will.

That said, what good is in worrying about it? Sure, buy some guns and ammo. It's still your right as an American, so exercise it. Make a vow that you will defend your home, family and property which, still, is your right as an American.

Meanwhile..I recommend you go to the lake, ride your bike, play with your child, enjoy, live, eat, and breath your life.

I have news to all of you. I did a little bit of research and you may be astonished to learn what I found.

It just so turns out (and I was shocked and surprised to hear this myself) is that life is 100% fatal.

Yep, you heard me. For all of recorded human history every single human being who has ever lived did, in fact die. Yes, each and every one of us, high to low, low to high, is going to die. Even those rich white folks who like going to their trashy parties. All of them.

What's even worse if you have no idea when it is going to happen. You could die today, tomorrow, or fifty years from now.

What I find sad is wasting your time worrying about it, or worrying about forces far outside of your control.

Don't get me wrong, I guess if worrying about FEMA, and Bohemian Groves, and other mysterious and scary forces, gives your life MEANING (with capital letters and everything) more power to you.

But, frankly, I would just as well see you finding meaning and solace somewhere else. Getting worked up, upset, agitated, about things clearly outside of your control isn't going to improve your quality of life.

Hey, what can I say, I'm a sheeple that has done quite well in this life. I have a nice home, nice wife, nice kids, nice world, and rarely encounter people I find as unpleasant and unsavory as those you seem so worked up about.

Each to his own, but remember that in the course of your conspiracy thinking you sow the seeds of irrational thought, delusion, and confusion. Just because (A) is true (rich white guys like to party) does not mean that (B) is true (rich white guys want to kill you personally).

John

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Yes valid points! As one member has already advised me - be careful not to go too deep and work yourself up with anxiety and get too wrapped up in it or you will go crazy! I mean I know something aint right but I dont think my local shopkeeper is selling me cigarettes as part of a conspiracy to kill me off early or whatever (extreme example I know but you get my drift)

Its also good to hear the view of someone who describes himself as a 'sheeple' and seems quite content with it. Im still quite interested to see how us in the UK fit in as we cant carry guns and would seem an easier populace to overpower and control. Maybe you Americans are seen as more of a threat to any NWO or whatever and their plans start at the top. Its the school playground rule - take down the biggest hardest kid in the park and nobody is gonna mess with you after that - just a thought but again I digress

Thanks

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
My answer will probably be insufficient, but hopefully I can bestow some of my perspectives on you and your "world".

Due to relativity theory, 'waking up' will definitely be best described by a consensus I.e. ATS members.

My strategy I suggest for you is not comprehensive in my opinion, but should cover a multitude of areas.

1. Everything everyone has suggested already, but take in strides.

2. www.zeitgeistmovie.com... Watch the movie to the right first, then the addendum.

3. Read philosophy and other logical texts. Any well known philosopher you can get your hands on.
- Plato's The Republic was especially good for me just last month.
- This David Icke book made me question alot. www.amazon.com...=pd_bbs_8?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1231583660&sr=8-8
- Metaphysics and Philosophy of time books, especially David K. Lewis.
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1231583838&sr=8-6

4. Question what you eat. Chemicals and other artificial food additives avoid at all costs. Find your local natural food store and shop there. Probably the second most important. The best proactive solution we have in our arsenal. Do as much research in the area as possible to maximize brain and whole body function.

5. Your air and water. Buy a reverse osmosis water filter but read this articlefirst before you purchase and do extensive research on the company before purchase.
- In regards to your air, try and live in an area of least pollution obviously, but also of the least stress (levels of stress are subjective so you can decide).

6. FDA, FTC, and their affiliates. They are in collusion to control the population, maximize profits, and send us into state of complacency. After your philosophical research, you can decide whether or not the action these companies take are "justified".

7. Limit, if not totally rid yourself of watching television. I will admit, I still watch, but usually something educational. I have found television induces a state of disassociation from what we would like to call our "reality". Too many movies, news, etc, may potentially trivialize your efforts of waking up. I described it better here I think in another thread of my experience....

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities
reply to post by Rocketgirl

Well, I believe it was David Icke that conjured up a similar perspective. I think he said that television activated the reptilian part of our brains (I will have to double check).

During my times in front of the television for long periods, I would feel as if I was detached from my body in a sense for the first 5 or 10 minutes afterwards. It almost as if it was a small "out body experience".

Although, I also have a major problem with overhead lighting. Some one told me it was because I was a musician but I think it is mainly because I yearn for real sunlight and not artificial light that mimics the sun. The worst ones are the fluorencent overheads that make it seem as though you are in an examination room. Scary. They also blink at a rapid rate as well, undetectable by our eyes. Anyway.

ttyl

8. Research physics theories. Quantum Mechanics, Theory of relativity, String Theory, etc.
- What the Bleep Movie. Although there are some issues with the movie, it still gets you thinking.

www.amazon.com...=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1231585414&sr=8-1

9. Music. Widen, if you can, to listen to all types of music and respect it all for what it is at least. Personally, some music just dumbs us down in a sense. I can elaborate more later if you want.

10. Realize money controls almost everything. This is probably obvious and even more obvious if you have read everything the members and I here suggested.

Overall:

I think I can figure out some more, but hopefully you get the idea. Just know that relativity theory pervades most of societies. Ask yourself: "Is there such thing as anything?", "Is there such thing as everything?", "What is infinity and what is this notion of 'nothingness'? " I am very tired and it took about an hour to write this. Must go to bed. I will edit tomorrow.

Forgot state that in the matrix movie, Morpheous said that some people are too far gone and too hopelessly dependent on the matrix. I am not suggesting you are but you must ask yourself, "If I truly believe in this new world, can I still function properly?" As I say sometimes, "I am on the nearest mental institution's doorstep knocking, but nobody is answering."

Strive to become self sufficient and seek solutions, not arguments. Keep relativety theory in mind at all times and most of all be empathetic to everyone.

Anyways....

ttyl

[edit on 10-1-2009 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Thank you Unlimited! A very good and well set out series of guidelines You may be sleepy and think that what you say may not be informative but on the contrary - your info is well received and taken on board. Again you have raised points that have been in my mind and these have now been further strengthened

Its so refreshing to have such a great network of like minded people to talk to on such a level I of course will take the time to look at the material you have referenced.

Sleep well and thank you!

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Well Im heading home from work for the remainder of the weekend Thanks again for your contributions I shall be back on here on Monday and I will aim to reply to anyone that posts comments on here whilst Im away (damn internet is down at home) Hopefully I'll speak to ya Monday

Have a great weekend
Best wishes to you all!

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The first stage in waking up is realising that what you are seeing around you is not real! Your mind is just projecting the image.Try closing down your mind and imagine you're in a wide open space with no material c*** around -you can free yourself of all the brainwashing and the programming that is being fed through to you on a daily basis.Ask yourself "why am I here?"and you will eventually realise that none of the problems we waste hours worrying about count for diddly squat in the big picture .BE HAPPY x

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Another step in the wake up process is action, which involves many levels just like waking up. Do you work on your "soul", fix gov't corruption, live a more simple life in tune with nature, build a bomb shelter, stockpile food.... or all of the above.

Action is what it will take to change things. Unless we stop the wars, stop the greed, fix our government and learn to live in harmony with one another, all the knowledge and information in the world will just be data. A truly "awake" person doesn't just read and do nothing, it only makes them educated.

Enjoy your weekend.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The search for truth can only be found within yourself. It can be found within others as you see yourself within them and further in your environment when you see it is apart of your inner self. This quest for me is very spiritual.

But how exactly do you find truth? You can think about it sometimes, but the most important thing to follow in the quest of truth is your heart and instincts. Thinking about it will only get you so far. I think Xavier said it best when he stated, "To stand and consider all possibilities is to drown in a tunneling sea of infinite potentiality." So questioning EVERYTHING will most likely not bring you any sort of conclusion. Clear your mind because often your own thoughts are BS themselvs. Follow you heart and let your senses guide you. Do not judge anything, only experience it. Live in the present and feel the now. Its like a walking meditation. The truth will find its way to you and it is a beautiful thing.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Good morning (or afternoon/evening)
Thanks for your posts over the weekend (hope you had a good one). I obviously havent had chance to have a look at everything thats been recommended to me so far (theres a heck of a lot to get through it seems) and I dont wanna dive in head 1st and overload (ref: Xaviers quote from wisen).

I did try the 'staying in the present' technique that was mentioned and I must say that I definitely had what I can only describe as a flow of adrenaline or a buzz. I was quite surprised how quickly the onset came about and when I purposely started thinking of the past and the future the feeling ebbed away very quickly so I believe this is a useful technique to use - even if you just wanna perk yourself up a bit.

Ok so I have a lot of material to research at the moment I was wondering if anybody knows of any experiments I can undertake - similar to the 'present' technique mentioned by Zippy on page 2? Any mental or spiritual experiments/techniques you could suggest (simple stuff to start with I dont expect to be able to astro-project by Friday if ya get me) would be great!

Once again many thanks for being a part of my journey!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
what is it you mean by 'awakened'? Are you talking from a sociological/political viewpoint only? Or a spiritual one also?

from a sociological/religious viewpoint, i take an alernate stand on Zeitgeist, and have even contacted the director over this. Part 1 of Zeitgeist, namely the correlations between christianity & Egyptian mythology, are largely wrong. It only took me 8 hours of researching Egyptian mythology to find this out. (see my comments in Zeitgeist debunked and we don't care topic). So, anything you research, don't take anyone's word for it, check it yourself.

Also, for sure, academic research, reading, etc, is very valid. However, knowledge is usless unless a persona actually applies it. This is especially true in spirituality. Whcih is more my field.

If you're looking to awaken yourself, i can assist, :-) . I teach & mentor folks professionally, in a spiritual capacity. Many things, including various energy therapies. Reiki in particular. Not the usual complemetary therapy approach, but the deep esoteric spiritual aspects. With Reiki, a person expereinces the divine, at will. It was created just over 100 years ago, by a Japanese Buddhist, from a Samurai Clan, after he had a mystical experience.

If you wish, U2U me, and we can go through the process, whereby you can experience your own divine spark. In my humble opinion, this kinda thing greatly makes a difference, :-). There will be no charge, you seem sincere, and i can feel a good energy about you.

Take care in any event,
Wayne

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Thank you
I will certainly U2U regarding this. I am hoping to awake in both of the capacities you mentioned. I believe an academic approach as well as a spiritual approach should be adopted in order to get a better view of the World we live in and the Universe in which it exists. I look forward to speaking with you!

Thanks again

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mrvalleyboy

1. Forget everything you have learned, and think you know to be true.

2. Relearn everything anew, and go about this with open eyes and an open mind.

Congratulations, you are now awake.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Yes the process of filtering out what is true and what is not is definitely a major part of the process. Anyone who has been looking at this thread may be interested in a similar thread thats been started by Mr green

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Whereas this is probably a thread which is for beginners like myself, Mr Greens thread is very similar but a little bit more advanced and has some great views, opinions and information!

Thanks again everyone!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
first off avoid using words such as "wake up" or "sheeple"

makes you sound like a goth and a wannabe separatist with delusions of grandeur

alternative view points need to be presented in rational and grounded ways so that they seem reasonable and not just some space head psycho-babble

/

If you want to live a life which will expand your current way of thinking I suggest that you travel, being in the EU you can go anywhere and work

and if you seek true wisdom, seek it from first hand life experiences, not from the second hand rhetoric of an internet forum

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Well I have travelled and I am going away to work this year around Easter time, you would have found this had you cared to ask before jumping straight in. If you read the OP properly you would see that I am far from a goth or separatist and why you think I have got delusions of grandeur is beyond me. The fact that I am seeking advice shows that I dont see myself on a higher plane - in fact I see myself possibly at a lower level.

Also I agree that 1st hand experiences count for a lot but one cannot assume to have a wide range of knowledge just from their own experiences as that is a very narrow minded view. Could you also explain psycho-babble because in all the replies I have received I have seen no evidence of this - only structured rational advice and guidance - nobody has forced any views or will upon me.

Finally why not use terms like 'wake up' and 'sheeple'? They are recognised terms which people on here use and it makes understanding what Im saying easier. This thread is for people to provide guidance and advice to myself and others who may be in a similar position I am not looking for this to become a thread where everyone rubbishes each others opinions. Also if this forum rhetoric is so useless why are you here may I ask.

Thank you

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrvalleyboy
My main question is this - How exactly do I 'wake up'?

Hi

The fact that you are asking how do I wake up most probably means you have started to awaken, otherwise you would not even be thinking about such a question because you'd still be asleep.

My humble advice to you is do nothing. Dont try to waken up faster it doesnt work. Dont try to see further it will only make you blind. All you can do is simply be, smile in wonder at the things you start to see and feel and then just let them pass you by. make a mental note of them but dont seek them again, wait until they call on you.

Dont try to think too much about whats happening to you or how to reacte to it. Dont fear it and dont fight it.

Listen to others but dont become dependant on them to "awaken" you. You alone are the only person that can truely wake yourself up, no one else. This path is different for us all, no two paths are the same. I fell into this trap in my early awakening. I listened to others too much and became trapped on their road to enlightenment not my own. After a time you loose track of your own awakening because it is lost within the views of others. I had a long up hill struggle to rediscover my own path.

Most of all enjoy life, seek out love within your self and surroundings and just simply be.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by Mr Green]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join