It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok so how do I 'wake up'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
"avoid and ignore it"

that's kind of how we found ourselves at this juncture...by avoiding and ignoring.

i can't believe that's what we're supposed to do.

however, i'm at a loss as to what the solution is. i think people need to start talking if they know truth...and do whatever they can do to prove what they know.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Thanks Kat
Interesting point that we shouldnt totally ignore it We should pay some attention to it (know thy enemy) but yes thats the follow-up to my initial question. What exactly can we do about it? We all seem to talk about the problems and complain but we do little to nothing about it (Im included in that 'we' I admit) I wonder what it will take, what will be the catalyst that wakes people up and makes them say 'no more'?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
well theres a quick way of doing it (i didnt end up to good) and theres the years of discipline and isolation and meditation.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Thank you for your contribution etheral However could you be a bit more specific please. Not just for my sake but for anyone else that may be reading - particularly anyone who is in a similar position and crossroads in their life My hope is not just to find some guidance and answers for myself but also that others may learn from this as well

Many Thanks

[edit on 9-1-2009 by mrvalleyboy]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrvalleyboy
Thank you for your contribution etheral However could you be a bit more specific please. Not just for my sake but for anyone else that may be reading - particularly anyone who is in a similar position and crossroads in their life My hope is not just to find some guidance and answers for myself but also that others may learn from this as well

Many Thanks

syd will get u there immediatly, but you will likely forget most of it. You will keep doing it to find more, but the love you are feeling is false, and you are using steroids to play the game. YOu need to lift weights and train. Idk i have a lot to say about all of this, if u want ot know my expereinces email me at [email protected], cause i cant really talk about them here

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
By syd Im assuming you mean Lsd?! I dont really wanna go down that road to find what Im looking for and I dont really see what you mean by lifting weights and steroids. Im not having a dig at you Im just trying to understand what you are getting at! Thank you all the same for your contribution!

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mrvalleyboy

I read " Financial Terrorism" by John F. McManus (John Birch Society)
~10 YRS ago........Most of that book is coming true now.
NWO, CFR TLC.....etc...............

That started my awakening, That went to a new level in March of 08' Listening to Glenn Beck talk about budget deficits and the economic problems heading our way. From there I found C2C, ATS, Alex Jones, Rense, David Icke and others........

[edit on 9-1-2009 by Pinktip]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Ok it seems some of you have already experienced your own 'awakenings' (Thank you for your contribution pinktip). May I ask now then - what does an 'awakening' feel like in your personal experiences? Is it physical, mental, spiritual? Again thank you all for your contributions Cheesy as it may sound you have given me a warm feeling inside by being so welcoming understanding and informative!!

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Well, Mine happened while driving down the road. I suddenly knew with out a doubt that I was a part of everything and everything was a part of me. We are all one. This feeling came completely out of the blue and the feeling was so strong, I knew it came from a higher place.

But like I said before. Being in the NOW is what started it all.

Try this: Throughout your day, try to stay in the present as much as you can. Watch how your mind will wander to the past or future.. This is how most people spend their whole lives...Never living in the present moment...which is REALLY all we have. Living in the past or future means that you are not awake. The more you try to live in the present moment, the better you will feel and the easier it will be to do. Your life will begin to change when you do this.

You seem sincere in wanting this. I think you will get there. Just be patient and move at your own speed. And don't forget to ask for what you want. You just might get it.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I think all you have to do to "wake up" is, acknowlege it. Nothing special. Like if your mayor said, everybody get up this morning and jump off a bridge and you go "yeeeeaaaahhhh, not today"
If you can ask yourself if there is something wrong with a situation, you're probably in good shape.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Hello and welcome from another "newbie"

You sound like you've already "woken up" so pass the coffee and board the crazy train. To me the first step is asking questions. Follow up with research, and look at everything with an open mind. Don't believe something just because "an expert", an "official" tells you so; you start to build up a BS meter quickly.

Be prepared to follow wrong paths, thorny paths, receive ridicule from those still asleep, and negative forces to boot.

I believe there are many levels of waking up, many ooh and ahh moments. We all have a different story, yet in parts of each story I find myself saying, "I had that exact same thing happen to me."

[edit on 10-1-2009 by Purrrball]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Heh....Hehheheheh.....

How to wake up, ya?

First of all..... Be careful how far you want to go with "waking up".

It can be dangerous as it led me to confrontation with evil alignment other beings which I believe to be of a lower dimension of existance.

Second of all, create the red pill notion in your head and take it.

-Research Bilderberg
-Research Illuminati
-Research Phoenix Lights
-Research 9/11 and WTC7
-Research John Hutchinson
-Research Hannebu
-Research VRIL
-Research [no brainer] 2012
-Research Sumer(ians)
-Research Nostradamus
-Research Archemedes
-Research Mayan Calendar
-Research Nicola Tesla
-Read Siddhartha(can be found on the internet)
-Read Ascended Masters(probably can be found on the internet)
-Read The Celestine Prophecy(movie is ok no where near as good as the book)
-Watch (keywords) Phoenix Lights
-Watch (keywords) End Game
-Watch (keywords) The Disclosure Project
-Watch (keywords) Pyschokinesis Videos
-Watch the (keywords) Alien Interview
-Watch (keywords)John Hutchinson(/keywords) videos especially the Hutchinson Effect

Heh.... That's actually quite a load of information right there don't make your brain explode and I warn you depending on how your brain handels the information you may notice yourself to start to detach.

However, I couldn't possibly think of all the conspiracy/extra-ordinary information I have buried in my cranium which I've only started to feast on for the past year and a half of my life. At one point it grew to massive to where I completely destabalized and wen't to what I believe somewhere else within this dimension and expierenced radical events.

So. Be careful with the red pill my friend, and let me warn you...

None of us know exactly how deep the rabbit hole goes,

So have fun Alice, Wonderland isn't far away.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Wow - Thank you all. Thats both some great info and its confirmed some things I had been thinking. I do believe myself that the 1st part of waking is asking the question in the 1st place and Zippy I shall be trying the "present" technique you mentioned whilst Im in work today (yes its 7.30am on a Sat morn and Im in work - Im very much aware of my present at the mo haha!

Rev' thats a great bundle of info to look at and I will certainly sift through it! Ive looked at about half a dozen of the items in your list to varying degrees of depth and Ive been interested in Nostradamus before I was a teenager - so maybe Ive been waking up for a lot longer than I 1st imagined. I cant say I can pinpoint the moment I thought something wasnt right though.

Again Im so pleased with the responses you have all given me Thanks again

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Careful Neo.

The Matrix is a dangerous place

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Well noted Morpheus haha Thanks again for your quality info I'll try not to jump in head first which I have a tendency to do I'll try to put some structure to it if thats at all possible

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   

My friend, I am happy to give you some advice. First of all, the world is not BS. Your perception of the world is right, valid, and perfect, as only it can be. Just as is mine, and as is everyone elses.

I would recommend learning a little bit more about neuro-psychology, starting with the works of Robert Anton Wilson. His books, The Cosmic Trigger and Quantum Psychology are both an excellent start.

When Einstein described relativity he was just getting started. Reality is indeed absolutely relative. No, really, it is. Reality exists within your own mind. Reality is a construct of the human brain.

The assumption that there is one single shared, uniform, constant, external, 'etic' reality full of Universal facts and truths is just that *a giant assumption*'.

The only reality you know, in fact the only reality you *can* know is the one inside of your own brain, which is filtered through your personal experience, senses, culture, and/or neurolinguistic grid.

My best recommendation, for the sake of sanity, is to adopt the attitude of RAW and become a true model agnostic. Refuse to 'believe' anything as definitively true or false and, instead, adopt a multi-model approach to reality assimilation.

Or....you could just join the Catholic Church, Mormon Church, Scientology, or any other pre-programmed model and adopt it as your own.

Whatever makes you feel better. Each to their own, that's what I say...

John

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
>>-Research Bilderberg

I real group. Powerful people like to hang-out. Big shock there.

>>-Research Illuminati

Doesn't exist and hasn't existed in centuries. Get over it.

>>-Research Phoenix Lights

What's this got to do with the price of tea in China? Research Lonnie Zamora? Research Betty and Barney Hill? Research Antonio Villa Bollas? Research Travis Walton? Research Roswell? Research Fatima?

Dude, unless you are personally being abducted by aliens (and even then they have the common courtesy of erasing people's conscious memory of them) UFOs' really don't matter a great deal at all.

Why you think the Phoenix Lights event is more significant and any of the thousands and thousands of other UFO events in history is the big mystery to me.

>>-Research 9/11 and WTC7

Airplanes, flown by terrorists, crashed planes into buildings. A very sad story and, also, sadly, the end of that story.

>>-Research John Hutchinson

John Hutchinson is a sometimes hoaxer and past paranormal experiencer. He can't reproduce any of his previous work. None of it can be reproduced in a laboratory setting under scientific protocols. For practical purposes they guy produced and recorded some poltergeist activity a long time ago.

Once again I ask, what does this have to do with anything?

>>-Research Hannebu

Ok, did that, now what?

>>-Research VRIL

Yep, did that. What's next?

>>-Research [no brainer] 2012

I did. After intensive research I discovered that the year 2012 is the year after 2011 and th eyear before 2013. During that year major events will occur. There will be natural disasters, wars, and major political events. Of course, then again, that sort of thing happens every year, so it doesn't make that year particularly special.

Some have noted that the Mayan calendar 'ends' on that date. How they know that sort of thing, I kind of wonder. Others note that the Maya calendar 'rolls over on that date'. Again, I wonder how they know that too. I wonder does the Maya calendar account for leap years, leap seconds, the many calendar adjustments that have occurred over the course of thousands of years? Just how accurate is this thing? How do we know we are reading it right?

What evidence is there that the Mayans indicated that *anything* is 'supposed to happen in 2012'? Really, really, the answer is none? Color me surprised.

2012 is an election year. Did the Mayans know that?

2012 will be far less significant an eschatolgoical event than was the turn of the millennium.

I would suggest, not that you prepare disaster or disappointment, I would suggest your prepare for businesses as usual on that date. I give you a money back guarentee that this will be the case.

Who am I? Oh, just someone who read an ancient Sumerian text and interpreted it to mean that thing that I just said. Look, if that level of scholarly and intellectual evidence is enough for everything else that forms your belief system, why change now?

>>-Research Sumer(ians)

Old, dead, people. A dead language. A wacko nut job who does not, nay cannot, know what the heck anything they ever wrote actually says, nevertheless, claims their ancient scribbles, doodles, drawings, and myths are, in fact, modern technological artifacts and concepts.

Hey, if you are willing to believe that I can find some other things I can sell you on too....

(continued)..

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Thank you jratcliff Quantum physics and the 'reality' we create is something Ive touched on very slightly because to be honest it gets very confusing but I shall take the time to look at the literature you have recommended as I have questions regarding it but rather than bother you with them and start a whole new discussion I will search for the answers in the direction you have pointed me
As for my views on religion - again Im not gonna go too deep into that and start a new discussion suffice to say that my views are developing but I think theres something (whatever it may be) beyond this physical realm we find ourselves in.

Thanks again!

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
>>-Research Nostradamus

Another, old, dead, dude who allegedly made predictions which, allegedly, kind of, maybe, if you squint your eyes right, got some predictions correct in his own lifetime and a short period thereafter. Then, for the next centuries, used his 'predictions' as a kind of Rorschach test and applied these cryptic sayings to match whatever people saw going on in their world at any particular time.

Yeah, I predict that most predictions will be wrong. Whatcha know...my prediction is right....

>> -Research Archemedes

Yeah, smart guy.

>>-Research Mayan Calendar

Yeah, old calendar.

>>-Research Nicola Tesla

Yeah, brilliant inventor who changed the world. Also had a penchant for self-promotion, exaggeration, and hyperbole.

>> -Read Siddhartha(can be found on the internet)

I agree. Any exposure to spiritual philosophy that breaks people out of the mold of the dogmatic and authoritarian mindset of western religions is a healthy thing.

>>-Read Ascended Masters(probably can be found on the internet)

Nonsense.

>>-Read The Celestine Prophecy(movie is ok no where near as good as the book)

New Age twaddle and trash.

>>-Watch (keywords) Phoenix Lights

UFOs, cool.

>>-Watch (keywords) End Game

Did you perhaps mean Ender's Game? An excellent classic science fiction novel.

>>-Watch (keywords) The Disclosure Project

Run by a complete and utter lunatic known as Dr. Steven Greer. Do more research.

>>-Watch (keywords) Pyschokinesis Videos

Yeah, psychokinesis is cool. Can you move stuff with *your* mind?

>>-Watch the (keywords) Alien Interview

Nonsense.

I hope this helps...

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Youve obviously done a lot of research and again I thank you for your input However one of the main things I was advised when I joined up was to do your own research and come up with your own conclusions (which you have done and I respect both of your opinions) and I really dont want this thread to turn into an argument and go off-subject from the OP What Im looking for is advice and guidance so that I may undertake this journey To use your words (if you will forgive me) Your perception of the world is right, valid, and perfect, as only it can be. Just as is mine, and as is everyone elses. Each to their own

However I thank you again for your input - it is well valued and appreciated!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join