It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird dream, and post-dream experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I was wondering if any of you had any thoughts about this "experience" I had many years ago. It always struck me as very strange, and I'm not exactly sure what happened, but reading about the "vibration" feeling people get before an OBE, it makes me wonder. BTW, keep in mind that I didn't even know about this "vibrational" state people are supposed to have before an OBE at the time of the experience. Anyway, here's the story:

In the dream I had figured out a way to levitate, basically. There was a certain state of mind (a sort of calm, happy, weightless feeling), and with some concentration, I was levitating quite easily (in the dream, of course). It was really fun - I was floating freely around, and the feeling was very exhilarating. But unlike previous flying dreams, in this dream it was as though I discovered the "secret" to levitation, rather than simply levitating with no thought as to why or how.

Anyway, I woke up after the dream, and with the dream's image still fresh in my mind, I thought - what if I tried to levitate now? What if I really did unlock some secret of the mind? So I tried, and the strangest thing happened. I got a very strange headache, almost a vibrational, noisy feeling, that almost felt like my head was going to explode. The intensity and pain (sort of) of the headache was directly related to my degree of attempted concentration. It was like I was blocked from concentrating at the level I did in my dream that achieved levitation - I felt like my brain would explode if I concentrated harder (concentrate isn't the correct word - my imaginary ability to fly was effortless, as was my trying it after waking, but I could only "engage" at a minute fraction of full "utilization" of the levitation technique without unbearable pain, or what I interpreted to be pain).

That's it, basically. What do you think the headache really was? Maybe I just dreamed it all? Or maybe if I hadn't been scared to fully use the technique I would have levitated in the form of an OBE? (I've never had an OBE btw)

Recently I've been trying to learn how to lucid dream, etc., and with increasing frequency I've been having times where I would somewhat involuntarily enter states of this vibration/headache (which seems to be getting less painful each time btw), which from what I've read here is the beginning of an OBE, which is why I remembered this old dream and thought I'd mention it here for your opinions/ideas.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by ac500]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Hmmm I really dont know.

I didnt know anything about the vibration and OBE's. I get vibrational dreams/sensations while sleeping occasionally, and odd looks when I tell people about it, but I am not into OBE's or astral travel or any of that. When I am sleeping, I just want to sleep.

I also much more frequently get that falling sensation where you grab the bed and startle awake. Lol. Who knows, maybe it is me falling back into my body after a short jaunt around the block.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Yeah I get that falling sensation too, but not so much recently. It's kind of strange, because sometimes I don't know if I physically jolt or if it's just my imagination.

But this headache/vibration thing is even weirder to me, especially in the case I described here.

new topics

join