It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end of a calender is not the end of the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I'm going to keep this nice and short and get straight to the point.

The world will not end in 2012. yes there will be earth quakes, volcanic eruptions. etc. but the world will not end.
The Mayan calender extends over 2000 years, the calender had to end at some point, its just luck that it ends in our lifetime.

nine days ago the 2008 calender ended and nothing happened. 374 days ago the 2007 calender ended and nothing happened. every calender ends at some point. there's not conspiracy to it.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
k

great post.... lots of info.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Right. Also, there are Mayan anniversary dates listed in their records in years past 2012. Will the world stop? No. Will things change? Probably.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Nothing at all will happen in 2012 other than normal stuff we already encounter on a regular basis... Earthquakes, Storms, Floods, Droughts, Wars - and so on. The fact that it will be 2012 will make it no more important than any other year. The only significance is that which people personally imprint upon it themselves.

However, if intention experiments have any merit, the amount of worrying and fear mongering people contribute on this topic may cause something bad to actually happen. You know the saying, "Be careful what you wish for".

Now wouldn't that be an irony!

IRM

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I tend to agree.... this is just a date (I hope).

But let's be honest, if you cross reference a few prophecies that have hard "numbers and dates" it can cause the hair on the back of your neck to stand up.

Coincidence #1 As you mentioned, the Mayan calendar 2012 date

Coincidence #2 The Nostradamus prophecy associated with a hard date: "The year 1999, seventh month, [or simply "sept"]From the sky will come a great King of Terror.
To bring back to life the great King of the Mongols, Before and after Mars rules happily" (in the new millennium). (OK, This doesn't say anything would be newsworthy in 1999 only that this King of Terror would come and maybe someone came to power in the East at this time?)

Coincidence#3 In 1139 St. Malachy made prophecies naming all future popes: Well if I am not mistaken were on our last numbered pope! Pretty interesting coincidence isn't it? Now there is a non numbered person referenced as Peter the Roman after this last pope... "In extreme persecution, the seat of the Holy Roman Church will be occupied by Peter the Roman, who will feed the sheep through many tribulations, at the term of which the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the formidable Judge will judge his people. The End"
www.catholic-pages.com...

#4 Hard number in the bible: 200 million man army (this can be debated of course but this is only possible in this modern age.) Rev 9:16 "the number of the army of the horsemen were 'two hundred thousand thousand': and I heard the number of them." This link has some biblical references www.finalevents.com...
(click on the links at the bottom NOT the numbers on the top)

#5 (Could be wrong but Prophecies in general)... ever hear of a single one mentioning the 4th or 5th World War? If so, I would love to see them because everything I have always heard from other sources has been 3.

I just find it strange that a few of these intersect around the same time period... all within less than a generation.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
i know what you mean a lot of the prophecies do seem to fit into place but if i remember correctly, when people were trying to link things to the Y2K theories they used alot of the same Nostradamus prophecies that we are seeing now.

you have me stumped with #3

when it says 200 million man army i think that's just an example of when you see an extremely large group of people and you think to yourself "there are millions of people here"

after ww1 you would have been could crazy if you talked about a world war 3.
before ww1 nobody would have talked about ww2. after ww3 (if it happens) there will be talk of ww4.

top topics

join