It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The electronic cigarette...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
In light off the smoking thread i found a funny new invention called the e-cigarette.

Where people can smoke it indoors without any problem.

I tried to find a video without adverts with no such luck but since i dont want to seem like im advertising you can go to youtube and just type in e-cigarette and you will find heaps off videos on the product.
au.youtube.com...

Excerpt wiki:
An electronic cigarette (or "e-cigarette") is an alternative to smoked tobacco products, such as cigarettes, cigars, or pipes. It is a battery-powered device that provides inhaled doses of nicotine by delivering a vaporized propylene glycol/nicotine solution. In addition to nicotine delivery, this vapor also provides a flavor and physical sensation similar to that of inhaled tobacco smoke, while no tobacco, smoke, or combustion is actually involved in its operation.

The electronic cigarette usually takes the form of some manner of elongated tube, though many are designed to resemble the outward appearance of real smoking products, like cigarettes, cigars, and pipes. A common design is also the "pen-style", so named for its visual resemblance to a ballpoint pen.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 8-1-2009 by meadowfairy]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Im actually curious if anyones tried it aswell because i want to get it for my husband and he smokes malboro.

I explained it to him and he straight away said no thanks and some off the reviews people are raving about it while others are saying the device is a little heavy.

Since the WHO(world healthy organisation) dont like it i want to get one because whatever they say does not get past me.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I bought these... not the cheap ones either... The so called "vapor" is not that great.. it is not smoke and you have to drag REALLY hard to get anything out of it. It made a great toy at work to freak people out but it isn't that great.

Now on the good side... it isn't tobacco... if your work is giving you crap about tobacco products you can just pull out one of these to piss them off as it is not tobacco and kind of skirts the rule but it is far far from a substitute for a real cigarette.

I always thought a device that "ejected" vapor under pressure would perform 10x better to give you that "inhalation" feeling because this does not. It is kind of like trying to smoke and triple ultra light... allot of puffing and nothing coming out... or if you inhale to much your getting a ton of nicotine. So yeah... it is like smoking an ultralight that has been broken and you aren't getting anything off of it and want to tear off the filter if it was real.. .LOL

[edit on 8-1-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Thanks for that infolurker. It does seem to good to be true device. I was just hoping i could find an alternative for him because dont want out little one breathing it in.

I used to think tobacco by itself was healthier then nicotine so i dont really get it.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
There's a long thread with many opinions about these from a while back here.

As an ex-smoker who dearly misses her cigarettes I'm keeping an eye on it

p.s: meadow-fairy, I think the theory behind these is that it's not the tobacco or the nicotine that causes the most harm: it's the products of burning tobacco. Burning pretty much anything produces carcinogenic substances. In these sorts of products, I think that the nicotine is delivered to the body dissolved in steam.

[edit on 1/8/09 by americandingbat]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Thanks for all the info in here about these types of smokes..
I happen to prefer my Marlboro lights

Ohh.. and to you all you non smokers out there who have it out for us smokers..
Psst.. Your going to die too!!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
There's a long thread with many opinions about these from a while back here.

As an ex-smoker who dearly misses her cigarettes I'm keeping an eye on it

Thanks americandingbat someone always beats me too it lol

It hasnt taken off in Australia just yet.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Is it true that these electronic cigarettes are now being banned?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join