It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures of Possible Planet X Type Object (taken January 5, 2008)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Lovely pictures taken in 2005 of Aurora Borialis over Scandinavia with moon in background and mauve coloured spot with sattelites..

What is significant as blow ups Figures 2 and 3 show, is that the digital pixelation around the spot is the same as around the moon, suggesting that the spot is something in the view of the camera rather than distortion within the camera.

Also all you debunkers who do such a good job please dont shoot the messenger (save it for you missus)

link to source

peace all

daz__

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by daz__

Not an expert in photography by any means...but..

It really looks like a lens flare to me though. The faint outer ring surrounding the "object" leads me to that conclusion.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I also think it looks exactly like a camera malfunction
Lens flare.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It is a lens flare, just look at the image, it is clear from the first look itself, and look at the light halo like ring surrounding the large red colour center, this is the characteristic of lens flares and if you look closely, you can observe that it is part transparent and you can look through it.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
As an ignorant non expert I would have suspected it is not just a lens flare, but a "Photoshopped" lens flare.

Still, I want someone to keep looking because this is one 'legend" I don't yearn to experience.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Lol, the king of fakes, not only a lens flare, but a photoshopped lens flare!

Well, I'm not trying to shoot the messenger, but...
Op, I seriously hope you just posted that thing for laughs, I mean come on, a photoshoped lens flare? How much more rediculous can something get?

That made my day,

-Lahara

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Bogus.

The orignal photo is hereSpaceweather

It was taken in Canada (not Scandinavia)
It was posted January 6, 2009, not 2008.
It is obvious in the original that it is lens flare.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Agreed, lens flare off the moon. Get those all the time with my regular camera lens when trying to do widefield with the moon. They're a real pain because I know if I post those online people somewhere will think it's an "anomaly," so I do whatever I can to minimize it. Thanks for posting the original, the others are so compressed it's harder to tell what it really is.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Thank you all for your analysis and expertise..
Personally i wouldn't know how to spot a camera lense flare from a photoshoped to the real thing.. I will study your analysis some more to see if I can learn something..

peace

daz__

new topics

top topics

join