It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney says "No one was smart enough to figure it out"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
If it wasnt for Bush N Cheney and his goons of Bush/Cheneynomic Choppers, we wouldnt have this economic crisis to begin with.

How dumb do they think we are?

Cheney will not have a very warm welcome home here in Casper when he returns from DC.

Cheers!!!!

i agree and disagree

yes the current administration helped hurry the collapse up with their putrid economic policies

but i have to point out, this train wreck has been comin down the tracks for a long long time, it goes all the way back to the Federal Reserve Act IMO

and tis more the FED's fault than anyone elses (that and Congress for allowing the FED to exist)

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
even I saw this coming back in 2001, and 2002, and I am not very clear when it comes to economics in general. But I figure, if it's too confusing to understand then it's gotta fail sooner or later. I kept scratching my head and wondering how everyone could afford houses and condos? I knew I sure as hell couldn't, still can't, and probably never will.

I think matters of government should be discussed in forums like this so regular people can see it and have a say. Technology has replaced the need for "representatives" as we now know them.
Anyone in gov't too old to understand that should be immediately ousted.

problem solved.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Yeah, just like no one was smart enough to anticipate 9/11 [cough, cough, inside job] or know that there were no WMDs in Iraq.

Professional liar.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
You can put lipstick on a pig, but.................

I couldn't resist, I have always wanted to say that!!!

Thanks for each of the responses on the thread.

Just how much can the consumer be expected to bear???

It is just so darned comical, yet it really isn't comical at all.

They tried their best to distract us... wasn't this the administration that sent out $600 checks and said: HGO WILD! Hmph. 600 clams short of a clambake, I think. PS I took my clams to Vegas and grew them at the craps tables.

Time for.... another vodka. Wake me for the revolution.

p.s. note to USA: you shoulda voted for Ron Paul, y'all!

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece
Yeah, just like no one was smart enough to anticipate 9/11 [cough, cough, inside job] or know that there were no WMDs in Iraq.

Professional liar.

One, I saw the squibs that brought down the twin towers. That was a government operation, clearly. You are right.
Two, there WERE WMDs in Iraq; and we knew exactly what to look for, as we had sold those to them! It was reported in the press, but not in our controlled press here in the USA. What they did NOT find were nuclear. WMDs are Nuclear, Chemical, or Biological.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

Cheney said that "nobody anywhere was smart enough to figure it out."

And how does the nation hope to stop the runaway train when the smartest asses around couldn't even hear it coming?

Don't despair, folks. Help is on the way . . .

Transition officials said Friday that President-elect Barack Obama's mother-in-law, Marian Robinson, is moving into the White House to join Michelle Obama and their two children.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Well I'm sure no one is happy about the economic crisis but he may have a point.
Not one economic expert, anywhere, saw this coming.

That is a bold faced lie man.

Ron Paul, Peter Schiff , and the ATS Crew have been WARNING about this for YEARS.

THIS EXACT THING!

We been talking about it on this forum way before the "credit crisis" ever became mainstream news.

The solutions to this problem have been stated MANY MANY TIMES
VERY CLEARLY.

To claim we didnt say it, is a clear misrepresentation of the TRUTH.

[edit on 9-1-2009 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Dickard Cheney is criminally insane, and for those who believe in such, he's possessed by a demon(s). He's akin to Charles Manson, but with a corporately controlled army of psychopaths at his whim. There's no use becoming enraged over these comments because he's not the ball you need to keep your eye on anymore. He's not a human with a soul, it was taken from him long ago. The kind of evil inside him and others like him has already been damned. It hates you for something it can never have again.

Hope I didn't get too Biblical, I was trying to keep it as generic as possible so as not to offend anybody.

Peace

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Well I'm sure no one is happy about the economic crisis but he may have a point.
Not one economic expert, anywhere, saw this coming.

Except for Peter Schiff, Ravi Batra, and Ron Paul...But hey, they don't count. They're honest.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I'm pretty sure you offended Dick Cheney and his immediate family, but then, who cares?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnIrish

Originally posted by Lazyninja
reply to post by interestedalways

Not to defend Cheney, but this sounds like a quote out of context, perhaps: nobody was smart enough to figure out how to fix the economy.

We have oversight committees in the House and the Senate who's JOBS are to know and police this stuff. They fired the guy that ran Fannie Mae because he was cooking the books (he's now an Obama economic advisor). Fannie Mae was a huge contibutor to Barney Frank's campaign. Barney Frank ran the committee that should have known it was happening.

Then, Bush comes out with this genius idea to write $700 billion in blank checks with little or no oversight or accountability. Good Lord.

The problem is/was that the money was too good to pass up and they just hoped it would just all work out.

But the really bad thing, is the first ones to benefit from the
700Bil pension fund was to pay themselves 70Bill in xmas
bonuses for doing such a good job.

for lack of a better word

Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al

But the really bad thing, is the first ones to benefit from the
700Bil pension fund was to pay themselves 70Bill in xmas
bonuses for doing such a good job.

for lack of a better word

Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.

I can't bring myself to accept that the evolutionary spirit of a social animal would be to 'conquer' by any means, the members of one's own species and feed off them like a leech feeds of its host.

Parasitism, perhaps. Greed is certainly, by definition, not right.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I will beg to differ with your assessment that no one saw this coming.
I have been in residential and light commercial construction for almost 30 years and when a British fellow offered me a $250,000 a year opportunity, 2 1/2 years ago, I had to say no.
I saw the profit of new work go from 8% to almost 50% in the boom.
Houses that were never lived in were being flipped for astounding profits and were never made a home. Investment speculation led the charge.
The builders found themselves in the position of competing with their customers. Greed and the prospect of fast money for little work was rampant. I saw units flipped 4x within a year, no occupant.
I digress, I saw this coming and chose to stay at my current employ because my common sense said the bubble will burst.
And for those that choose to blame Bush alone, I say to you, congress, riding high on the unprecedented wave of profit, mandated to lenders that mortgages be allowed to people that had no idea what was being done TO them.
I am still working, for now, and it is too easy to pick out the houses that people that were not prepared for home ownership are.
I don't blame these folks, I blame the easy money mentality, the group-think that nothing will stop the wave people in D.C.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I suspect that for those who are so eager to point out who was at the 'helm' of the nation while this debacle unfolded it is too easy to chime in.

Truth is, this debacle started a century ago. We must NEVER allow the media and revisionist history to erase that reality from our collective memories.

The combine responsible for the Jekyll Island document (our nation's first illegal amendment, in my opinion) brought us (our country) bare-handed to a gunfight. The institution of the IRS was the first clear indicator that something was VERY wrong. But we had become a nation of consumers, some claim by purposeful manipulation, and thus were enticed into 'buying' into what our faux 'leaders' said..., because we didn't know what had become of the state; it was concealed from us.

Now the finger pointers are trying to blame it on stooge group A or face-man B. They are way off the mark.

We can't solve this problem by focusing on the talking-monkeys who have been perpetuating it. We will only solve this problem by facing reality. The Central Banking System MUST GO. Corporate law MUST be revised. And all THREE branches of government MUST be reseated.

We need an office of Inspector General of the United States whose sole function is OVERSIGHT AND REPORTING - and IT CANNOT BE A POLITICAL APPOINTMENT.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
*Post removed*

[edit on 10-1-2009 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Suckatash

Would you please stop trolling threads all over the board.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
What bold nerve! He and his scum started the destruction of the U.S., and now he dares to sneer and make snide remarks!

AT ANY RATE, a great many DID did figure it out, and spoke out! HELL, the signs were all there! But those who spoke out were discredited by the majority of dumb idiot Americans, who called them (us) unpatriotic, and some people that warned, were threatened, and some few, were killed, like Wellstone.

Like what is happening right NOW with Obana, and people like oprah still are blind and continue to rave about this president-elect creature.

But Cheney, bush and the rest of the neo-cons should be tarred all over and feathered.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
[edit on 10-1-2009 by interestedalways]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Looks like I missed a problematic post...., I wonder what it was? Name calling?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Looks like I missed a problematic post...., I wonder what it was? Name calling?

I am really not sure what happened.

I think it was someone hitting alot of threads with something unrelated.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join