It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney says "No one was smart enough to figure it out"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
What I find funny about this "blame game" constantly putting it on the Bush Administration is that things truly didn't start going to hell until a DEMOCRATIC CONTROLLED CONGRESS came into power. Now, Obama plans to "spend" our way out of it? Smooth move Mr. Exlax!

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Cheney said that "nobody anywhere was smart enough to figure it out."

Somehow, I think he was referring to how nobody was smart enough to work out that they orchestrated the entire thing as part of their agenda...

Originally posted by spinkyboo
And after 9/11 - Bush's remarks
about us not worrying about it - we should just go shopping.

Yeah, go shopping. Don't think about what happened, whatever you do...

Originally posted by CreeWolf
Now, Obama plans to "spend" our way out of it?

With borrowed money from the Federal Reserve, no doubt.

[edit on 9/1/09 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Quite a few saw it coming. But does he know what's about to happen to them?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

Originally posted by spinkyboo

He clearly forgot to add:

No one has anything now - well except for us.
We'll be fine."

Bingo!

Isn't that the truth!

If you think about this whole collapsing economy fiasco outside the box you can clearly see that the US will gain power from it. Russia, Iran and others are suffering because of the collapse. The US on the other hand has the facilities and system in place to weather this storm better than most.

It is ironic that the fall of the US economy had such huge impact on other growing powers such as China and Russia who are our competition for global supremacy in the future.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by tjeffersonsghost
SO Nobody saw this coming huh? Ever hear of Peter Schiff and Ron Paul? Did you hear them SCREAMING this was going to happen while you guys shunned them? Cheney your such a scumbag just like the rest of the democrats and republicans. They should all be tried and hanged.

AMEN!!!

S&F! (good post OP)

They need to be tried, Held accountable for their careless actions, and hung on international TV followed by Dancing, and celebration! Name day an international Holiday for it will be the day that the "war on terror" WAS WON!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Well I'm sure no one is happy about the economic crisis but he may have a point.
Not one economic expert, anywhere, saw this coming.

Well thats not entirely right... Peter Schiff, Gerald Celente and Max Keiser
are the most prominent few that come to the top of my mind and there are many more albeit less vocal or well known that I'm sure exist but would need researching to bring to the front of my awareness... peace.

Oh here are a few videos highlighting their advanced warnings to us all...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

The interesting thing about these guys is that they keep on seeing things... they will tell you all about 2009 and beyond if you just listen to them.

The problem is no one in gov is listening to the guys who got it right. They just keep following the advise of the crooks and simpletons who got us into this mess...

Peace

[edit on 9-1-2009 by Azgard123]

[edit on 9-1-2009 by Azgard123]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Ron paul keeps on telling you lot that america spends 1 trillion a year in policing the world. He tells it straght, bring your troops and your people back within your borders, and f off out of peoples business, and in 10 or so years you may balance the budget.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CreeWolf

It wouldn't matter which political party was in control in congress. You should now by now that they are both big spenders.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Cheney is a big man with a big bank account he doesn't have to answer to anyone yet except his masters, anyone know where Rumsfeld is, is he still hiding after he was nearly arrested in France, he got out of there real fast.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Well I'm sure no one is happy about the economic crisis but he may have a point.
Not one economic expert, anywhere, saw this coming.

I wouldn't say "not one"...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
So, my question is, will Biden say the same thing when they announce the Nation is bankrupt? I am sure they'll jump up and say, "oh no, we did not have a clue."

Has anyone read the communist manifesto? All of this is straight out of there!

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Check out the archives on this website: www.financialsense.com...

They knew that this economic crisis was coming. They knew it for years already. In fact, I still think the economic crisis is by design.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Neocon bankers! The Gov are merely a bunch of puppets and the masters have been the masters for long enough to bring us to our knees. AND, they are in stage 9 of 10 as we speak. Soon - no food = civil unrest = come to the camps = slavery or death... Z i o n i s t = check - World = Sleeping

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
reply to post by Alxandro

Check out the archives on this website: www.financialsense.com...

They knew that this economic crisis was coming. They knew it for years already. In fact, I still think the economic crisis is by design.

I believe that too. Especially if you consider that China, Iran, Venezuela and Russia are feeling the pinch right now in a big way.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Of course they did. Many people knew and forecast it - it's been on various news and financial sites for ages (read : years).

And no, the economic crisis wasn't some "planned" conspiracy theory -- it was down to sheer greed -- those being rewarded and getting huge bonuses for risk-taking. That's a very high level view of course. It gets much more complicated.

But there's no alien influence, no Illuminaughties or NWO (weren't they a rap group?).

It was silly, greedy people.

[edit on 9-1-2009 by noonebutme]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

During an interview Thursday with The Associated Press in his West Wing office, Cheney defended the administration's performance on an economy that is growing weaker daily and which recently collapsed in spectacular fashion. Cheney said that "nobody anywhere was smart enough to figure it out."

Alrighty then.............There we have it!

Maybe *more* of *them* should frequent ATS!

news.yahoo.com...

Only those 'smart enough ' to orchastrate it... well done Cheney and the Bush boys..

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
The mountains of coc aine and alcohol took their toll? Hmmm....I suppose they intend to use lack of brain power as a defense if they ever get dragged to international courts as well.

C'mon, you need to cut Obama some slack. He seems find despite the coc aine and, anyway, he isn't even in office yet. As a junior senator he really didn't have enough power to stop the economic crisis.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Was he referring to the economy, or the 9/11 plot?

spikey

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme
Of course they did. Many people knew and forecast it - it's been on various news and financial sites for ages (read : years).

And no, the economic crisis wasn't some "planned" conspiracy theory -- it was down to sheer greed -- those being rewarded and getting huge bonuses for risk-taking. That's a very high level view of course. It gets much more complicated.

But there's no alien influence, no Illuminaughties or NWO (weren't they a rap group?).

It was silly, greedy people.

[edit on 9-1-2009 by noonebutme]

A star for you, dear sir!

This guy, for one example, saw it coming: www.globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com...

That is Mish Shedlock. He has some good insight although I don't agree with him 100% of the time.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

BINGO! We have a winner.

With the lost of control of both the House and Senate to the Democrats in 2006 and the impossibility to have the White House in 2009, a plan had to be set into motion to regain that control. Hence the original plan was the two page bailout plan of total control knowing full well that would not fly. The analogy of giving the Dems enough rope to hang themselves fits very well here.

Now might I add a bit of history into the mix. America became a Superpower for one reason alone, Post-WWII recovery. With the gold standard pegged to the US dollar ($35/ounce) and the fact that the US was the only industrialized nation still intact, the world needed us desperately. By the time Nixon lifted the gold standard, Europe had rebuilt all its industry. US exports began to lower, our market could no longer sustain itself.

During the Reagan Era, the US began outsourcing to lower production cost of labor in earnest and to avoid EPA regulations in some manufacturing. It also became a win-win because as third world countries grew their economies there would be less need for financial aid. However here is the twist, the foreign imports would be fully dependent on the US buying these goods.

Now for the big picture, if the US can't afford these things anymore, the world economy goes straight into the crapper. See where we are headed? In order for the US to "save itself" everything has to be produced domestically. Which would be an easy switch and the world would "need us more than ever" because their natural resources and agriculture became too dependent on the US dollar.

I would like to call it Rovian in design but credit must go to the Soviets. They outsourced everything to their Eastern Europe countries, as they left and gained independence from the USSR, Russia collapsed. What we the US is doing is a controlled burn. Proof is the last economic stimulus package funded completely by China, which was spent mostly on US oil to keep the money here. Again recalling that Russia fixed its situation by controlling their oil to both Eastern and Western Europe.

Now this isn't a great gambit but the only way for the rest of the world to counter the US is to band together...EU anyone? But of course such things require countries to sacrifice sovereignty and not everyone is going to play together nicely (see Ireland's no vote and England retaining the Pound Sterling)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join