It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney says "No one was smart enough to figure it out"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I get this vision of someone putting banana peels all over the place and when people start to slip and fall in slapstick fashion the culprit with a big happy smile saying

"NO ONE SAW IT COMING"

Must be spinkyboo's monkey!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
What line is it that Cheney always likes to use.....

..."so what". Isnt it?

That #@#%$$#@#!
(not intended to defeat snipper, just randomly uppercase number keys hit in a rage.) :

Cheers!!!!

Yea - that "so what" remark says it all doesn't it?
And after 9/11 - Bush's remarks
about us not worrying about it - we should just go shopping.
Those two lines alone tell us what kind of ego's and pure ridiculousness
we have been subject to.
It's shocking and it has been dangerous.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
I get this vision of someone putting banana peels all over the place and when people start to slip and fall in slapstick fashion the culprit with a big happy smile saying

"NO ONE SAW IT COMING"

Must be spinkyboo's monkey!

I knew that monkey played some part in this!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
There is really no help for the elite. They are socially atrophied. The problem with tight little communities that interbreed..., they lose touch with humanity, as it evolves and grows, they become more and more ... THEM.

They honestly believe themselves our superiors. It's tragically funny.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Well I'm sure no one is happy about the economic crisis but he may have a point.
Not one economic expert, anywhere, saw this coming.

I propose that the "experts" did not know the extent of the deals
that were being made all around the table - the Washington table.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

They honestly believe themselves our superiors. It's tragically funny.

It is so true. I really don't know what to say anymore.............

The machine is eating itself!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

The machine is eating itself!

It is indeed (yeah)
... after it got it's fill of us.
Better late than never.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Is Cheney mentally impaired/challenged? Back in April 2005 I started warning folks that, within the next few years, Americans would end up poorer than your average Mexican (that they were ragging on for sneaking into the US) and one day Americans will be trying to sneak into Mexico for a chance at the good life and a shot at the Mexican Dream, LOL. Funny, one day ya'll will regret building them border fences, as they will server to keep you all prisoners here, where you'll be required to pay off your share of the national debt before you can leave.

This just goes to prove Bush and Cheney are mentally deficient. One would have had to been wearing blinders to not have seen this coming at least 3 years ago. I even sold my home (before it decreased in value) and moved into a one bedroom apartment close to all necessities of life (so not to spend much on gas when that would shoot up) and got totally out of the stock market and paid off my debts so not to get caught up in any of this mess. And, I'm retired, and I'm now in a better financial situation than back in 2005 before all this mess.

Bush and Cheney remind me of Dumb & Dumber.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
Is Cheney mentally impaired/challenged?

One of those wolves in sheeps clothing. Although I think most could see the writing on the wall very early, just not quite to this extent.

I even sold my home (before it decreased in value) and moved into a one bedroom apartment close to all necessities of life (so not to spend much on gas when that would shoot up) and got totally out of the stock market and paid off my debts so not to get caught up in any of this mess. And, I'm retired, and I'm now in a better financial situation than back in 2005 before all this mess.

It is refreshing to see that someone was able to take affirmative action and be in a more prepared place to maximize what is left of life as we knew it!

Bush and Cheney remind me of Dumb & Dumber.

The worst part is that folks are able to play dumb like that on us and get away with it time and time again!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
IMHO,
Here is the problem.
Congress.
examples:

935 false public statements regarding 911 and Iraq,
from source

Next, Fanny and Freddy fail.

Then, Congress hears threats of Martial Law should the bailout not pass.

from 20:1 against to 3:1 or 4:1 after calls to Congress by nobel Lariets asking Congress not to hold hearings or hear testimony, all the while knowing, (as Bill Isaac states his fears 1/2 of the TARP funds would bail out foreign investors.)
from source

Then, after giving 1/2 the TARP funds to Paulson, the scheme no longer includes the intent of TARP, and no transparency is given,

Next,

13.4 Billion more to the Big 3 Auto Makers, and that's just the start.
from source

So, I say the problem lies with Congress, and their inability to function in their capacity, as well as not representing the will of their constituants.

See the pattern?

They are lied to and we go to Iraq,

knowing this, they pass a bailout, intended to prioritize helping avoid home loan failures with transparency of all fund transfers and documentation of where it is spent by those recieving the aid.
None of the intended TARP usage has been allocated for this, and there is nondisclosure of who got what and what the unknown aid recipients are doing with the monies recieved.

Then, the Big 3 approach Congress, Prostrated, giving homage to those who are dupped over and over, ultimately obtaining monies with no real plan to resolve their dilema.

Now, Paulson wants the rest of the TARP monies since $400 Billion is gone in only a few months.

Will he get it? My money says yes he will, using past Congressional actions as an example.

Next, The President-Elect wants to afford an additional 800 Billion to 1.2 or 1.4 Trillion as an infusion to begin creating new jobs that hopefully reach beyond the current crisis.

again, back to lies.
regarding the bailout
from source

The problem is that those smart enough to "figure it out" have been supressed and not brought before Congress.

I believe one of the best fixes I've heard thought out and through to snip the problem, period, is this 3 part plan.
from source

Obviously, Congress didn't give this or any other plan than would solve the problem even a glance.

Now, we know that many were smart enough to figure it out and that this was not intended to be done since Fanny and Freddy were taken over.

Congress has failed, has turned their backs on constituants, and has severed their oaths as has the Executive office and IMO the Judicial branch since the 2000 election results being manipulated at the Highest Court.

Figuring it out isn't the problem. Corruption and Congress is the problem.

What say ye?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

While I do see your point and I also agree with you to some extent at the same time there are alot of other areas of Big Spending that have crippled us.

We can't forget the many jobs being outsourced leaving a big hole in this country nor can we forget the massive money hole leaving the country in the war and rebuilding of other countries.

I also remember about 7 years ago when the mortgage companies were practically begging anyone and everyone to buy a house. I had a couple of friends in that business and it was booming while minimal credit requirements were in place and low interest rates were offered in the beginning.

In hindsight it almost seems like a setup in itself, practically giving a home loan so easily to so many while looming around the corner............the big hit with the gas prices, job losses, etc...............

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Perhaps the morons in Washington that never have been even close to main street America would never saw it coming while sleeping with big corporate America and partying with Hookers and strippers.

But here in ATS we knew and talk about it for years.

I remember.

You are right somebody should have send them a link to ATS earlier.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
That's what happens when you have an Administration filled with "Brownies". That and the fact that they refused to listen to smart people who did warn about this catastrophe. Cheney is a disgrace.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Dick Cheney would be proud of your It's All Congress's Fault line of nonsense. That's where Right Wingers run when they refuse to take responsibility for their own actions and policies. Republicans controlled all 3 branches of government from 2000 to 2006...exactly the time when 9-11 happened, taxes were cut for the rich and deregulation of Wall Street was accelerated to the point of no regulation. If bad # happens on your watch then it's ultimately your responsibility. Responsibility...a word that Right Wingers in America simply do not understand and refuse to accept. You can't blame all of the ills of the world on everyone else bud. Yes the Dems share some of the blame but the bulk of it goes to Republicans and their philosophy of governing....such as it is.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Perhaps the morons in Washington that never have been even close to main street America would never saw it coming while sleeping with big corporate America and partying with Hookers and strippers.

But here in ATS we knew and talk about it for years.

I remember.

You are right somebody should have send them a link to ATS earlier.

Always nice to see your posts, Marg.

I remember, too.

Woo Hoo! It's all a party when your rollin in dough!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

You know that comments like the ones coming from our elected officials are always a disgrace to this nations citizens.

But still their moronic comments only show how deatach they are with the people that they were elected to serve.

This morons are turning America into a bankrupt circus where only the few are allow to play the game.

BTW thanks.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
No doubt Marg and several others have been here at ATS, seeing all of this coming for years.

Peter Schiff(name?) and others like Ron Paul have been warning of this catastrophe for years.... Yet, nobody saw this coming? Someone SHOULD have forwarded an ATS link to our elected officials.

I have been here long enough to see very cool people on ATS go from 'No way the Gov't is against us, and no way the US economy is in trouble' to 'Well, they did it again. More banks collapsed today'.

It's become a normal thing... I kinda wondered about the sanity of some of these 'experts' for a while too. Until it all came crashing down, and the real economic state of America (maybe even the world) revealed itself.

The lies have been constant, and non-stop.... But, Cheney is wrong. It WAS noticed. I just wish more people were taking notice to the corruption and bad stuff sooner.

Honestly, it really does feel like it's too late now. Even if there was a chance to save this country, it has been too late for a while. We are simply a captive audience as we watch the world go to hell. And have been, for a while.

EDIT: typo

[edit on 8-1-2009 by LostNemesis]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis

Honestly, it really does feel like it's too late now. Even if there was a chance to save this country, it has been too late for a while. We are simply a captive audience as we watch the world go to hell. And have been, for a while.

I understand the feeling of wondering if it is too late now.

Instead we more or less wait, wondering what is in store for us next. Feeling somewhat like we are pawns in an unpredictable chess game, at least that is how I feel at times.

I still carry a childish belief that somehow, someday the "good guys" will win. I think a balance is to be maintained and that balance is waaaaay out of whack. If this has any ring of truth to it I think most of us can agree it is about time for the power to become more evenly dispersed.

There are other important qualities besides having lots of money and power. That lesson will eventually be known to the human race. I hope~!

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Here's a theory I have been thinking of, but it may be a little far fetched, but then again.

Do you suppose that the Republicans realized some time ago (over 2 years ago) how they were going to lost all power in washington, so screwed the country over big time...and I mean to an extent that there is no way a new President, or powerful congress (Democrats) could fix it in 4 years.....hence, the republicans can come back in 4 years and say "well, they had 4 years, and couldn't fix it, so now give us a shot".

Wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

BS Cheney! LOL!

Compliments of Peter Schiff and the endless ridicule he received when he tried to warn... well... just about everyone:

See Also: THIS THREAD.

Ron Paul and Schiff tried to warn the economists, the government, and the populace only to be ridiculed into oblivion.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join