It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Definitive Back Engineered Alien Technology Research thread

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
so no computers except advanced calculators using valve technology

No space flight (because we cannot imagine it/no animals that do it)

and suppose no Velcro, microwave ovens or Radar!

Weak argument you can do better!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by oinkmentthefirst
this is a silly thread

surely aliens would of given us something much more far out like a heat ray or FTL spaceships. Fibre optics, Lasers and stuff were already theorized before application and if you look at late victorian science for example they had already worked out the trajectories for space rockets before the space rockets had been invented.

It seems to me that this theory of backward/reverse engineered technology is very similar to the ID V evolution debate.

If you study technology there has been a very clear path of progress going back to the hand axe:

e.g -> Hand Axe, Fire, Wheel, Swords, Looms, Computers, Spaceships

e.g -> Bacteria, Fish, Reptiles, Mammels, Apes, Man

Just because you cannot see the "missing links" does not mean they were handed down from a "intelligent designer" or aliens. I wonder if the OP and his "partner in crime" are into the whole ID thing and are from Dover Area school district???

I give you guys the Golden Croco-duck award
for a badly thought out thread with no real
scientific basis.

seriously though guys - do your research before assuming that we are incapable of scientific progress and applying unreasonable explanations when a simple one will do the job.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by oinkmentthefirst]

[edit on 5-2-2009 by oinkmentthefirst]

First off nice edit jobs

1. no they did not GIVE us anything! They have found items from crashes not just Roswell

2. Yes in the Victorian days they did work those things out. that has nothing to do with the post

3. yes there is a very clear line of development back to the hand ax. Again the people working in those fields were approached!

4. Again nothing was handed to us! Obviously not reading the post thoroughly!

5. Not interested in an award thank you.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
And you still havent answered my question is this thread like the ID argument for evolution or what???.

are you guys are politicions or clergyman?

come on guys answer

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

so no computers except advanced calculators using valve technology

No space flight (because we cannot imagine it/no animals that do it)

and suppose no Velcro, microwave ovens or Radar!

Weak argument you can do better!

Sorry we are not here to validate your opinions of us.!

Nobody mentioned those items those are your words!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

And you still havent answered my question is this thread like the ID argument for evolution or what???.

are you guys are politicions or clergyman?

come on guys answer

neither

Answered.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Bob,

If I had enough time/energy/smarts to debunk all your snippets, you would probably accuse me of being a alien!

instead answer the question i asked and tell me why you don;t deserve the golden crocoduck award for bad science?

We are not all Alien nuts believe me and I do not wear a tin foil hat

Who cares about some crocoduck award as we are just presenting an info thread on Reverse Engineering and its roots.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
see now I think your stonewalling is a symptom of your misguided thinking.

You refuse to see my argument and keep avoiding answering the question because you cannot handle the fact that your argument is similar to the ID debate on evolution. While I agree its not exactly the same the principles are very similar and i will explain again before throwing it out on a new thread.

To say that the explosion in technology has a alien origin is like saying that a omnipotent creator is responsible for the whole of evolution. Only a "believer" whould think that theres is a outside influence instead of progress/evolution taking a logical path to a certain step (whether biolgical or technological). A scientific approach would be to look at the evidence and then provide the simplest explanation to it. The hypothesis that technology we are using is extraterrestial is providing more specualtion than is needed. Unless the guys at groom lake admit it then you are talking hot air + its a little disrespectful to the scientists that have devoted there careers so you can enjoy faster internet to throw around your more extraordinary ideas.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by oinkmentthefirst

Merging Technologies
That is the answer.
The merging of two into one.

I'll give you an analogy...

In the era of steam locomotives one day out of the blue a 2009 model Diesel electric locomotive fell out of the sky. If you were in charge of top secret military projects and you were told to figure out how we could use this technology.

Who would you take it to?

Does this mean we could not have developed this technology ourselves? Of course we could have.

It's like having two roads running parallel to each other and they merge into one and for a while it is one and then they split off going in two different directions. were they still two roads or one road while they were merged?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

see now I think your stonewalling is a symptom of your misguided thinking.

You refuse to see my argument and keep avoiding answering the question because you cannot handle the fact that your argument is similar to the ID debate on evolution. While I agree its not exactly the same the principles are very similar and i will explain again before throwing it out on a new thread.

To say that the explosion in technology has a alien origin is like saying that a omnipotent creator is responsible for the whole of evolution. Only a "believer" whould think that theres is a outside influence instead of progress/evolution taking a logical path to a certain step (whether biolgical or technological). A scientific approach would be to look at the evidence and then provide the simplest explanation to it. The hypothesis that technology we are using is extraterrestial is providing more specualtion than is needed. Unless the guys at groom lake admit it then you are talking hot air + its a little disrespectful to the scientists that have devoted there careers so you can enjoy faster internet to throw around your more extraordinary ideas.

Stop trolling the Evolution and your ID thing as it is persistant nickpicking and is annoying to the max and you can jamb your crockoduck thing where the sun doesnt shine.

We are not knocking our scientists and you seem to be slying off topic and trying to put words in our mouths.

You just do not get it do you? we are not trying to prove everything that has been posted by us is fact or fiction, as this is to be discussed as a topic of interest.

You were replied with a smart arse post reply from me on you first post here because you wore that hat.

And with dumb arse questions like are you clergymen? you should go seek a thread may be on Sesamie St or simular?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Down Under

Your welcome.

My opinion about Major Corso is this. He purposely set out to manufacture tails that would end up hurting the reverse technology idea, that he was a straw man, or he is telling the truth. I don't think he was a lair.

The way people jumped all over him from the beginning is reminiscent to much of the stuff Keyhoe had to endure. In Keyhoes case he got a jump on the silencers in the Air Force but he complained that some tried to discredit him by saying they never gave him information or going back and trying to doctor reports after the fact to make him look silly. They even tried to feed him crap info so once he went out on a limb with it they could come back and make an ass out of him.

The guy that took over Keyhoes operation, an ex CIA person, systematically shut the thing down very quickly after taking control.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

I agree the whole Corso bit does seem a little out there and thank God he is not the only source for the idea of back engineering. But the more I looked into it the more I found similar than dissimilar in the time line and products.

I'm sure if people took the time to actually read his stuff they would come away with a much better understanding of what we are talking about.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
reply to post by Bob Down Under

Your welcome.

My opinion about Major Corso is this. He purposely set out to manufacture tails that would end up hurting the reverse technology idea, that he was a straw man, or he is telling the truth. I don't think he was a lair.

The way people jumped all over him from the beginning is reminiscent to much of the stuff Keyhoe had to endure. In Keyhoes case he got a jump on the silencers in the Air Force but he complained that some tried to discredit him by saying they never gave him information or going back and trying to doctor reports after the fact to make him look silly. They even tried to feed him crap info so once he went out on a limb with it they could come back and make an ass out of him.

The guy that took over Keyhoes operation, an ex CIA person, systematically shut the thing down very quickly after taking control.

Agree!

I think what Corso wrote or claimed was a disinfomation of types that not all was fact but twisted and exaggerated as not to appear to hurtful in the Militarys eyes or to keep them off his back.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Ok Slayer, If I take what you are saying.

Then you are assuming that a Alien Technology isn't so advanced from our own to be able to merge with ours. I have a problem with this because if a sufficently advanced civilisation could visit us from another solar system, why they still need to have technology built around with Fibre optics and Silicon Chips?

Maybe the roswell aliens visited us on a Bussard RamJet or Solar Sails? Sorry I cannot buy it - there is more chance that the technology would be 1000's if not millions af years more advanced and impossible to reverse engineer or copy. To use your analogy I think if you gave James Watt a 2009 desiel electric locomotive he would understand it pretty quickly. He might not totally understand the desiel electric part but he would understand the rest as its gaslight era technology grown up. Same as if you showed Babbage a desktop computer or Issac Newton a Pocket calculator they would get it pretty quickly. Even the uneducated illiterate 19th century Train Driver could quickly work out how to move in the 2009 deisil locomotive once he had got over the shock that it doesnt need coal!
Its a big fallacy to think people that lived a long time ago are less intelligent, we are just better informed than they were on certain things.

To go back to your merging technologies theory - I think there would be more credence if there was something a little more outside the box than the examples you have supplied. Faster than Light Tech could be one possibilty, Antigravity, maybe instant communication over any distance or something more "alien" than those ideas though I hate to use that word in this context.

Though as you can see me stretching my unscientific Chefs Brain around these ideas is coming up with some weird and wacky ideas about the path Future Technology may take - imagine what the real scientific minds are aticipating , i for one cannot wait to find out!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Then you are assuming that a Alien Technology isn't so advanced from our own to be able to merge with ours. I have a problem with this because if a sufficently advanced civilisation could visit us from another solar system, why they still need to have technology built around with Fibre optics and Silicon Chips?

Fibre optics and silicon chips are our development IMO as a result of trying to copy or reproduce what they found.

nothing was ever said that those are the exact things they found but that we tried to recreate what and how it functioned and we got what we have now.

As posted earlier I stated your not going to pop off the back of your PC and find a chip saying made in Alpha Centuri.

If anything the Human race should stand tall and we have learned and develop awesome technologies!

But some again in my opinion we had some helping hands by way of crashed vehicles and again not just from Roswell.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

To go back to your merging technologies theory - I think there would be more credence if there was something a little more outside the box than the examples you have supplied. Faster than Light Tech could be one possibilty, Antigravity, maybe instant communication over any distance or something more "alien" than those ideas though I hate to use that word in this context.

If I could add something to your observation, we many want to look for major departures of methods in areas of technology that are thought to be the result of backing. Thats really all we can do.

In the bar code, UPC currently used represented a departure in method with laser that can apparently send information rather than the older "analog" methods. This types of step up in technology also represent a final solution ie one that is so advanced that it was able to change the face of the earths ways of keeping track of things.

Also the key thing there laser simultaneously changed the face of a multitude of fields from weapons to eye surgery. So we saw a multitude of old ways and old tools changed in so many unrelated fields by this one development.

Machines and devices being able to communicate over thin air. Like guided missiles by beams of light rather than wire or radio waves. Again you have laser changing this. Laser itself is even a weapon.

Locomotives are at a terminal development stage but anti gravity technology could change this. Again another alleged by product of alien technology even though researchers were heading in that direction but with very primitive examples.

At any rate the goal here seem to be to show that UFOs do exist by showing examples of their technology being used. But let me tell you that they exist anyway.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Slayer & Bob...

Amid a bit of sniping and OT discourse, I simply wish to offer my appreciation to you both for an excellent job - well done! You've compiled and excellent resource with rich content, fair reporting, and valuable sourcing for further study.

Your contributions are welcome and commendable. This type of thread is what truly makes ATS such a great place - the "go-to" place for serious, dedicated investigators and enthusiasts alike.

A challenge or heckle now-and-then is part of the process however - and is a good thing. It confirms validity and encourages the open and free exchange of ideas. It also keeps you and me and other protagonists on our toes.

So, "Hats Off!" to you both, and "Good-on-'ya", Mates!

Keep up the good work...

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

Hey thanks
That means a lot I know that some people have different opinions and that's cool thank God nobody got nailed for any off color or off topic replies that is always a good sign
Thanks again and stay tuned I have a real whopper coming up about some...
Well let's just say stay tuned!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
When I saw the title of the thread I knew this was going to be a joke thread. Sure enough, I wasn't disappointed as I scrolled down and saw this:
["Lets begin with a brief history.

We have all heard the stories of the Roswell UFO Incident and we all know that through out history we have read stories of weird things glowing or floating in the sky and in ancient times they were considered by some to be gods. examples like Ezekiel's wheel or Mesoamerican stories of quetzalcoatl Even ancient Mesopotamia had stories of some flying gods like Anu ! Most of the modern world will say they are nothing more than the product of an active imagination. So be it, but I ask how else would primitive man describe something that they are completely unaware of? They would put things into their own words with descriptions that they are familiar with.

So we have a long history of such things being seen lets assume they were Aliens and Lets assume Roswell really happened.]

When you start with myth, chances are the whole thread is going to be mythical. Roswell is a myth, only the gullible believe in other than prosaic explanations. Ezekiel's wheel? You mean like in the jewish bible? Ha! Mesoamerican stories of Quetzacoatl? Better read your history again, and check the b.s. at the door. Yuck!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Learhoag
Better read your history again, and check the b.s. at the door. Yuck!

Welcome to ATS
With regards to your recent reply to this post

I'll be more than happy to discuss any questions you have regarding the topic you can’t comprehend I know it's more difficult for some to understand

People sometimes lash out at things they can’t comprehend so please feel free and don’t be ashamed or embarrassed to ask for help. I think it’s wonderful that you have taken the first steps of coming out of your shell
BRAVO
Thanks
SLAYER69

[edit on 10-2-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

Thank you for you kind and positive remarks, any praise is welcome after a long flogging from the skeptics.

Slayer should take all credit for this thread as he has spent hours researching and presenting.

I wish some day I will be able to put that amount of time effort into a thread.

I hope Slayer and myself have started a new fashion by which two members work side by side on one post.

If more members could do that I think ATS would be a better forum for it.

Thanks Again

[edit on 10-2-2009 by Bob Down Under]

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join