It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have a phobia?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by HugmyRek
Crocodile?

Justified - they're nasty buggers

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I have may different fears. Spiders, snakes, large dogs, flying, heights, elevators, dying, being alone, and the list goes on and on. they are all manageable, i still go outside even with the prospect of meeting an eight legged freak. I have flown, granted i needed a stiff drink and strong hand to nearly break, but i still survived it too. I dont look over cliffs and always take the stairs.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
My fears (in no order)-
Lightening
Thunder
Car accidents
Bees
Defibrillators
and of course the Asian Horror Flicks my boyfriend makes me watch.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pretty_vacant

There is actually a reason for that. It is why people who are afraid of heights can still skydive. Planes are up so high that you no longer have a point of reference. You don't have a sense of height anymore. With a ladder, you KNOW that you are a unsafe distance from the ground. But in a plane, the distance and ground are no longer measureable, so you don't create a fear. I hope that makes sense.

To the deep water, that is another one that freaks me out too. I LOVE water, but when I canoe or kayak over deep water, I start getting panicky.And this is only the past few years. Now that I think of it, it may have been a similar situation. I was swimming at a quarry, and I dove off the platform and went deep and got confused, but I never touched bottom and it was a long way to the top. Scared the daylights out of me.

They had a lot of people drown there, it is a common occurrence, now the swim club makes you pass a rigorous swim test if you want to swim there.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join