It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Fact from Fiction including Evidence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Hi, i'm new to these forums but I do love the subject of 2012, so I’d thought I would chime in. I read a lot of topics regarding 2012 on this site, most were people spouting non-sense. So I thought i'd post the truth regarding 2012, including evidence not fiction. I did a lot of research regarding the entire subject of 2012 in the past years and from what I discovered is most of the concepts are irrelevant and based upon faulty facts. In truth, this topic will go nowhere. The reason why I say this is simple. If you bet a man a million dollars that the world won’t end in 2012 you have won either way. If the world does end then money becomes pointless. The opposite of course being apparently obvious. I will state this regarding this theory. It is possible, and it is impossible. My theory is I call it the yin-yang theory. Two sides both are representing a whole in perspective.

Some supernatural points are proven in every day society. People with near death experiences seem to have weird abilities pertaining towards the afterlife. Just as psychics, or telekinetic people, where even universities has acknowledged research on these people, too discover they all seem to have a area of the mind that is active. Weird brain waves that are dormant in most people seem to be active in these people. What does this have to do with the 2012 theory you ask? Well most of it is based upon people just like this. We as a society do not understand everything regarding our complex and structure. We use areas like science, religion, and other forms to identify these questions and answer them to the best of our capabilities.

In truth, everything from Mother Shipton, to the I Ching, to the Mayan calendar is all based around nothing that can be proven. I do not believe in anything until enough evidence supports the idea. No one knows what happens when you die. People have theories like, religion, ghosts, aliens, but none of it can be proven until you die. The same situation comes regarding the 2012 concept. Regardless of meteors hitting us, to the galactic rift, to huge solar eruptions destroying everything, it’s all a theory based upon no actual evidence. So most would not even consider it an actual theory at all. You will find out the truth, when you make a elapse over that time frame. In retrospect, we will find out what happens in 2012 when the time comes. But, there is a good possibility something will happen in 2012. Not based upon any story, prophecy, or any superstition, but real scientific evidence. I do not base anything without logical proof. If I didn’t, I would be a devote Christian. (That’s a joke)
For example:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
-2012 High expected solar storms with the sun’s solar 12 year cycle. On top of reports of weaken and dispersed areas of our Electric Magnetic field. (Note: Our atmosphere protects us from everything of these sorts. Small meteors, solar storms, cosmic rays are negated with our atmosphere. What isn’t protected by our atmosphere is our inventions.)

-Crystal Skull found that shouldn’t exist. Based off of the records of the Mayans who used these crystal skulls to see into the future. From fiction to fact. (Just an interesting story I found while shifting through all the fact and fiction regarding 2012. What makes this interesting is, the Mayans could have been the first ones to invent an electric-like object! In that time-frame, that is quite an achievement. Not until the 1800-1900’s did civilizations start with these inventions. On top of that how was it created? More questions to be discovered regarding this object.)

In retrospect the worst case scenario based upon facts is this. Un-presented Solar Storm happening frying most of our electric devices causing wide-screen panic in the area affected. Imagine it like an EMP pulse, the after effects of an atomic bomb. Supplies after awhile would grow low. People would become scared, frightened people become dangerous, order becomes chaos. Pretty much Y2K without the nuclear bombs.

Articles supporting:

science.nasa.gov... (Possible sun activity around this timeframe)

science.nasa.gov... (Past events including the 1859 solar storm)

www.space.com... (Our electric magnetic field is weakening)

(These are three basic references. There is quite a lot more, but this should be adequate. There is a lot more data and articles flying around on the web and books, simply Google and search.)

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Blimey, i'm not old, but even I can remember a world the was'nt run by computers!

We seemed to manage perfectly well without them.

We'll just go back to using analogue, that's all. No big deal.

If the tech goes, we'll all just have to pitch in, and help each other out.
Crops will still grow without a microchip you know.

Humans can still estimate how long to cook something for, without an electronic timer.

Pens and paper?

Non computerised cars? Have them, no problem.

Apart from a brief period of adjustment and time to gather and organise, things might actually be better!

spikey.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Sorry sir, but you have to look at the entire picture before stating such a bold statement. Let’s look at the entire picture if the worst case scenario were to happen and the entire globe happen to of got affected. (Most likely worst-case scenario would be entire countries not the entire world.) We will be fine? If the worst case-scenario were to happen we would not be fine. We survived in the past moving forward not backwards. Eventually, yes we would be fine after billions have died due to starvation, natural disasters, plague, War. No transportation of goods no basic supplies. Even your mail is gone. A level 5 Hurricane is coming towards your state with no warning, no technology to detect this including no ways of receiving this technology. Do you think crime wouldn’t rise leading to murder, theft, and cults forming? Catch the cold, or scrape your knee on something, and it gets infected, where you need to go to the doctor. Say goodbye to this as well.

Our society would have no form of communication. Seeing how you don’t know basic principles regarding your economy, I will enlighten you. What would happen if you were in a large city and with no warning all electricity was gone? Massive black-outs you had no supplies itsep what was in the city. No information on what was causing this. And were on limited resources? Your crops do not grow like they did in the past. We use biology to grow 90 percent of our food. In fact most farms rely on current technology to perform basic functions to support their crops. Like what you ask? Say goodbye to that newly aged tractor, you are going to have to find a multiple mules for that work now. Well another problem, where do we find mules at? No communication, no travel, how do I support these mules if I had them? To be honest, this list would go on forever with problems upon problems. Most people, who are abundant to their current society evolution, are unfamiliar with their current timeframe. You are living in the era of technology, and biology. We exist as a society using technology. Next not computerized cars would be gone; all vehicles in that affected zone would be gone. Back-up generators in hospitals would be gone, airplanes in the sky would be gone, hydro-plants running currents would be gone. Society would have no form of communication. Food would be scarce, stealing would become apparent. This is simply a glimpse of the possible outcome IF THIS SITUATION was to happen. Once again this is only a worst case scenario of events.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
funny your a new member too, and you know about 2012. Your my foe.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
This is true; I am new to these forums. But, I am surprised you didn’t grasp this earlier. Regardless, I have been trying to stir some issues regarding upcoming solar storms for a few months. After I wrote letters to unnamed sources, they announced a possibility of it live, after in which news articles flew and I’m sure the debate regarding it will only grow. Epically, with upcoming movies like 2012 coming up it’s only going to get worse. I at least can defend that I have been debating this on these forums before that happened.

In truth, I have been researching 2012 for years. There are a few, which have been doing the same on these forums and I simply came about this forum by chance, while doing some studying regarding the subject out of boredom. This is simply a hobby of mine and I find interest in it from time to time. Officially, I have found nothing but illogical evidence supporting anything regarding 2012, but I have found a possible scenario linking to 2012 being solar storms. I could do a post regarding possible outcomes of 2012 if the worst were to happen, but no one seems to care. So in truth, I’ll just make post my opinions on threads from time to time until something catches my fascination.

I learned to think like this after an old professor taught me when I was taking a psychology class, regarding a topic like this. In truth linking towards psychology and my mindset towards the matter, part of me believes something might happen, but it’s looking grim until I found this out. In truth, I was happy to find it out realizing I wasn’t some fool who wasted his time. But, wisdom caught up to me and realized nothing good could come out of this. It would only bear fruits to bleak and possible grim outcomes. I imagined me and a woman standing on a cliff looking at the world engulfed in fire. She said to me “Well you were right, are you happy?” and I looked at her and said, “No, I am not. This isn’t what I wanted.” Logically, in truth I do think nothing will happen, it-sep these solar storms and that only has a possibility of affecting us on a catastrophic scale if things continue to progress in the negative. Mentally, I hope something will happen. I have nothing against our current time, and bare no bad wishes towards anyone. But, before I die, I would like to see change of epic proportions. Hopefully this is towards the good and people will learn from their mistakes. Only time will tell, hopefully our timeline won’t be looked at in tragedy, but of a blessing. “More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroad. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly” by woodon alley.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
True facts: (1) In 2012 the earth and the sun will align with the galactic plane (the center of our galaxy). (2) Ancient civilizations built giant structures like the pyramids and filled them with documents that warn us of the cyclical nature of the destructive forces in our galaxy. (3) People are going to flock to the places where they think they will be safe. (4) In the past, cultures abandoned their cities for no apparent reasons. (5) Biologists can prove dramatic declines in mammilian populations by testing the genetic material in mitochondrial DNA. (6) According to geophysicists pole shifts and world wide geological changes have happened before. (7) Our current data coming from space satellites are recording giant changes in magnetic fields never seen before in recent history: (the sun's solar flare activity is nothing right now, and earths magnetic field has a huge hole in it, and its getting bigger faster). (8) Scientists are now predicting that the sun's solar cycle will reach its 11 year peak right when earths magnetic field is going to be the weakest, exactly in 2012. This is opposite of what they thought before. (9) The new evidence which suggests a world wide grid failure is possible in 2012, would affect future commodities trading and destabilize the markets (and we all know that is real). (10) People are going to buy up ammo and prepare for doomsday as they are now (gun sales are at a record level). These facts will inevitably lead to social reactions, such that religious profits will gather their cohorts, and governments will distract people in an attempt to prevent upheaval (and they have lots of practice doing that). This all adds up to a whole larger than its parts. My point being is that when you look at all of it you can see we are headed for some seriously wacky times, even if no major physical changes occur. The question is, what to do? I say open your mind and except the huge potential for change so you are ready and thinking straight when the # hits the fan. Which could be way before 2012. In other words don't be a part of the panic. And it never hurts to have a plan regarding where you want to be and what survival necessities you need. Learn all you can and open your self to things you never thought possible. If you get past astonishment, enlightenment comes naturally. Sure some will panic now or at the last moment but we must try to prevent that through education instead of attempting to shelter them from the evidence at hand. And of course realize that some people will not take the time to understand this phenomenon, and will react violently. Let them buy up all the ammo and shoot each other before anything even happens. Have your supplies and hide them where you can be far away from violent activity. And who knows what will happen? do we really understand all the affects of galactic electromagnetic changes? I do not think anyone does, except for maybe the Mayans who spent over a 1,000 years building a calendar that can predict a loon er eclipse 1,300 years in advance. But I do know that shutting down the grid could be a good thing, and the threat exists as a symbol of what priorities we can build on as a species. And what if the hole in the Earth's magnetic field has opened a door to enlightenment and travel like we do not understand? Then the time is now for the populous to figure out what that means, individually and culturally. Those are my thoughts after days of data digging and then walking around aimlessly looking at animals, trees, and the sky

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

if all electrical power were to seise, then the world would pretty much end, we depend on electricty to survive, from medical treatment to advances in science, so really, the power goes, and the human race does to

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

if all electrical power were to seise, then the world would pretty much end

The World as we know it would yes, and Johnathanrs post isn't that far fetched should it actually occur.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
True facts: (1) In 2012 the earth and the sun will align with the galactic plane (the center of our galaxy).

aligned how? This actually happens once a year. Once a year, the Earth and the Sun are aligned with the center of the galaxy. Think about it. Take a pen and paper and draw it, you'll see.

(2) Ancient civilizations built giant structures like the pyramids and filled them with documents that warn us of the cyclical nature of the destructive forces in our galaxy.

where did your read that? First time I've heard of this.

(3) People are going to flock to the places where they think they will be safe. (4) In the past, cultures abandoned their cities for no apparent reasons. (5) Biologists can prove dramatic declines in mammilian populations by testing the genetic material in mitochondrial DNA. (6) According to geophysicists pole shifts and world wide geological changes have happened before.

What do these points prove in relation to all this?

(7) Our current data coming from space satellites are recording giant changes in magnetic fields never seen before in recent history: (the sun's solar flare activity is nothing right now, and earths magnetic field has a huge hole in it, and its getting bigger faster).

"Never seen before in recent history" because we haven't had the technology to be observing until recently. We don't have enough data to compare this with anything. It might be a regular occurence, say every 200 year for example.

(8) Scientists are now predicting that the sun's solar cycle will reach its 11 year peak right when earths magnetic field is going to be the weakest, exactly in 2012. This is opposite of what they thought before.

You say yourself "predicting". They still have time to change their prediction. And still doesn't mean it's going to happen.

(9) The new evidence which suggests a world wide grid failure is possible in 2012, would affect future commodities trading and destabilize the markets (and we all know that is real).

Agreed, it would destabilize the markets.

(10) People are going to buy up ammo and prepare for doomsday as they are now (gun sales are at a record level). These facts will inevitably lead to social reactions, such that religious profits will gather their cohorts, and governments will distract people in an attempt to prevent upheaval (and they have lots of practice doing that). This all adds up to a whole larger than its parts.

Maybe in the US, but not the rest of the world. The world's a big place, the US is only a small part of it.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnathanrs

In truth, everything from Mother Shipton, to the I Ching, to the Mayan calendar is all based around nothing that can be proven. I do not believe in anything until enough evidence supports the idea.

That is, I suppose, one way to avoid having to take any chances or make any great leaps of faith. But at the same time, if you limit your horizons of possibility, then you also squelch the chance for discovery.

I think that is what most of us do when it comes to things like UFOs and 2012, etc. We believe in the possibilities and from there, allow ourselves the latitude to remain open to the various ideas and theories that are presented... things that, by the way, die-hard skeptics and brick-headed debunkers either can't, or won't ever do.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by redoubt]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I have given my oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies foreign and DOMESTIC. I intend to fulfill that oath.. 2012.. as most people I laughed it off as only another possible y2k scare...even the planetary alignment scare.. Well.. Sumerians wrote of Nibiru... Mayan ... the Red star and the 7 mountains.. The Kolbrin Bible the Rosetta Stone of Planet X!" . These prescient accounts of the Egyptian and Celtic authors clearly describe a brown dwarf. Well is it really out there....Where is the evidence..

By Thomas O'Toole, Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, December 30, 1983 ; Page A1
Possibly as Large as Jupiter;
Mystery Heavenly Body Discovered
The correct figure is 50 billion miles. It also might be a Jupiter-like star that started out to become a star eons ago but never got hot enough like the sun to become a star. which is so cold it casts no light so close to the sun it would be part of the solar system....there was some speculation that it might be moving toward Earth Cal Tech's Neugebauer said. "I want to douse that idea with as much cold water as I can." ...."All I can tell you is that we don't know what it is," Dr. Gerry Neugebauer, IRAS chief scientist for California's Jet Propulsion Laboratory and director of the Palomar Observatory for the California Institute of Technology, said in an interview.

NASA BAFFLED BY UNEXPLAINED FORCE ACTING ON PROBES

The New York Times
Sunday, January 30, 1983
Clues Get Warm in the Search for Planet X
John Noble Wilford
Something out there beyond the farthest reaches of the known solar system seems to be tugging at Uranus and Neptune. Some gravitational force keeps perturbing the two giant planets, causing irregularities in their orbits. The force suggests a presence far away and unseen, a large object that may be the long-sought Planet X.
Evidence assembled in recent years has led several groups of astronomers to renew the search for the 10th planet. They are devoting more time to visual observations with the 200-inch telescope at Mount Palomar in California. They are tracking two Pioneer spacecraft, now approaching the orbit of distant Pluto, to see if variations in their trajectories provide clues to the source of the mysterious force. And they are hoping that a satellite-borne telescope launched last week will detect heat “signatures” from the planet, or whatever it is out there. The Infrared Astronomical Satellite was boosted into a 560-mile-high polar orbit Tuesday night from Vandenberg Air Force Base, CA. It represents an $80-million venture by the United States, Britain and the Netherlands. In the next six or seven months, the telescope is expected to conduct a wide-ranging survey of nearly all the sky, detecting sources not of ordinary light, but of infrared radiation, which is invisible to the human eye and largely absorbed by the atmosphere. Scientists thus hope that the new telescope will chart thousands or infrared-emitting objects that have gone undetected – stars, interstellar clouds, asteroids and, with any luck, the object that pulls at Uranus and Neptune.

John P. Bagby has now introduced a new piece to the puzzle of solar-system cyclic behavior. While searching for possible perturbations of the planets due to a tenth major planet or a dark massive solar companion (MSC), he discovered that the perihelia of the outer planets (orbital points closest to the sun) were being disturbed with an average period of 11.2 years. This is almost exactly the sunspot period of about 11 years ( or half the period of solar magnetic field reversals of about 22 years). He suggests two possibilities:
(1) Mutual resonance effects between the planets
(2) The effects of a massive solar companion.
...If this Dwarf Star is coming .. reports on the net say it will be as close as Mars in June 2012 .. and will be south of the sun .. moving toward north as it finishes its orbit in December 21 2012 .. to then again continue it’s roughly 4970 year orbit around the sun... its gravitational force could reach as far as Jupiter.. and when it is as close as Mars or possibly In 2011 we will see it and know it is there. Would make since it being a star would also align with the galactic center of the galaxy. The Chandler wobble is a small motion in the Earth's axis of rotation coincided with the galactic alignment with the galaxy roughly every 26 thousand years. Our Solar System orbit’s the black hole of our galaxy roughly every 26000 years as well ends in 2012. The Dark Plane a line running more or less through the center of the Milky Way Galaxy the Densest Portion of the spiral arm. Our solar system moves through this region periodically over a great time span. This region is heavily packed with stars, especially those that go supernova, Type II. Type I Supernova are observed in all galaxies. But type II are limited to the very "dense or star-packed regions of the arms of the spiral galaxies, such as our Milky Way. Because type II supernovae are so violently explosive, they present a grave and severe threat to every star system close to them. This motion has brought us into one of the most dangerous supernova-producing regions of our entire galaxy." We are now approaching this area. The gravitation field of the Galactic Plane can cause solar-like winds to behave like steering currents on comets and other objects . The Earth has been pounded in the past, The very sparse, hot gas of the Local Bubble is the result of supernovae that exploded within the past two to four million years Thirty-four thousand years ago (34,000), the second part of a supernova explosion, the shock wave portion, hit the earth. The first shock wave comparatively did not disturb the Earth– It was rather unnoticed. Nothing happened, such that the inhabitants of the Earth would have become alarmed. Nothing heavy plummeted to the planet. They may have noticed a large array of ‘shooting' stars coming into the high, rarefied air. This cosmic castoff from the supernova with cosmic substances in the cosmos were pushed onto Earth. Evidence of remains of dust left behind from event was picked up 1992 by Eleusis space craft interstellar origin Micro meteorites coming from outside solar system They were caused by ions and small particles, all heavily laced with near to microscopic iron. Signs of evidence inside ice sheets over 35 thousand to 72 thousand years old Zodiacal belt shows Evidence of remains of dust left behind from event These toxic radioactive particles would later cause havoc. Man, animals, and plants suffered with radiation sickness. Mutations occurred. Tests of archeological finds show that man then had one blood type: O, some 100,000 to 40,000 years hence. After the supernova influence, humans started showing up with blood types A and B; and O continue to express itself also. Blood types A or B did not exist thousands of years ago. According to some scientists, if we possess those blood types, we are "blood brothers/sisters" to a supernova in the not too distant past. God moves in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform. . Some have even claimed to find evidence of periodic mass extinctions that might be explained by a single (as-yet-unidentified) star in an elliptical orbit around the sun. A diagram appeared in the 1987 edition of the "New Science and Invention Encyclopedia", published by H.S. Stuttman, Westport, Connecticut, USA. The article was discussing the purpose of the Pioneer 10 & 11 space probes. Clearly shown is "Nemesis", a popular name for our sun's binary companion, a dead star. (Binary solar systems are apparently the rule in our galaxy, not the exception.) The solar system may not be a nice round shape, but rather a bit squashed and oblong, according to data from the Voyager 2 spacecraft exploring the solar system's outer limits, scientists said. Walter Cruttenden of the Binary Research Institute is that local gases are fairly uniform and the shape derives from the trajectory of the solar system through local space -- possibly in its orbit around a companion star. This binary companion would cause the sun's orbit to curve, and would explain the Precession of the Equinox by the way in which the Earth's rotation was affected by not one, but two stars. Yes, that’s right, if the data is correct our solar system is curving through space (carrying the earth and spacecraft with it of course) so rapidly that the only way to explain it is if our sun is gravitationally bound to another nearby star. Every Myth .. has a hidden truth behind it....It was recently reported by NewScientist that Gravity Probe B received an “F” from the U.S. Government and the project would receive no more funding. But after netting out the spacecraft and earth orbit motions the remaining signal was far larger than anyone expected. In fact, it is so large it either means there is some unforeseen problem with the gyros or that our sun is part of a binary star system. The Rich like Bill Gates .. seems to believe there is something to worry about when it comes to.. his building of the Dooms Day Seed Vault “ Norway's ark-Doomsday CNN- 2012 Planet X ?”
The biggest problem is life is full of surprises like the Web Bot Project computer oracle program predicts a major event in 2012. As you read this, several planets are experiencing global warming. Saturn, for instance, has changed 30 percent. If this had occurred on the Earth, all life as we know it would be gone.
Seems allot is to unfold in the next few years for mankind...the Spiritual enlightenment to come is to begin at the end of 2011... in the Maya Calendar very good subject...DNA activation .. All these events are to take place in the coming years seems to be all connected in some way... .. "COME and SEE"

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
no one really knows...you're right on that

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnathanrs

The solar maximum has been pushed back to 2013 and the current prediction is that it won't be that big a deal. You linked to a prediction from 2006. Watch dates - they are important.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

(2) Ancient civilizations built giant structures like the pyramids and filled them with documents that warn us of the cyclical nature of the destructive forces in our galaxy.

The Great Pyramid at Giza is virtually empty. Little is written on the walls.

(6) According to geophysicists pole shifts and world wide geological changes have happened before.

The last known pole shift may have happened 800 million years ago.

...exactly in 2012.

That's been pushed back to 2013.

The rest of what you posted was too vague or too unrelated to comment on.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Vonour

I see you are spamming threads with this lie. Posting the same material in multiple threads is considered spamming here. This is exactly the same post.

The first article from the Washington Post is a complete lie by reorganizing a few cherry picked phrases from the article.

The second article also from 1983 simply states that IRAS is going to be used to investigate.

The paragraph down beginning with "John P. Bagby has now introduced a new piece" is a bunch of baloney someone posted. It is disingenuous to suggest that this is part of the preceding article.

Take a look at the original Washington Post article to see how this post lies about the article.
Possibly as Large as Jupiter; Mystery Heavenly Body Discovered

If you want to learn why no new planet or larger sized object in our solar system CANNOT have an orbit entering the orbits of the known planets check out these articles.

Constraining the Orbits of Planet X and Nemesis
PROJECT PAN-STARRS AND THE OUTER SOLAR SYSTEM
Where Are You Hiding Planet X, Dr. Brown?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Stero I see you making these statements of the Solar Maxum being pushed back to 2013 but no links, help us out here.

Also on top of everything else man can you honestly say your not going to store some food or some supplies just to be somewhat prepared for this if it was to occur. To help cover that what if factor?

I can honestly say I really don't think anything is going to happen on 2012, but I can tell you that with all the recent events with the united states govenment and other countries about to go to war. That I can say I will be prepared for anything. Because we are at a tilt of a knife from the global economic disaster.

So what I have to say to you Stero for the sake of your family and your own well being please just put a few supplies away. Just for that what if factor.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I think 2012 will be of great significance, but 2012 will be different for everyone. OP, what do you think the most common belief is of what 2012 will have in store? The End of the World? I look at it more like the start of the New World, and I'm sure many people on here will agree with me.

We can already see this New World taking place, geo-physically, politically, economically, psychologically. Do you just explain the recent activities going on (CEO/Government resignations, oil spill, tensions rising between nations all across the globe, earthquakes, volcanoes) as just being coincidence and "normal"? What about Nemesis?

We are in 2012, "the end times" right now.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Neverless

New Solar Cycle Prediction
Remember the previous prediction was 2006. This is one from 2009.

May 29, 2009: An international panel of experts led by NOAA and sponsored by NASA has released a new prediction for the next solar cycle. Solar Cycle 24 will peak, they say, in May 2013 with a below-average number of sunspots.

"If our prediction is correct, Solar Cycle 24 will have a peak sunspot number of 90, the lowest of any cycle since 1928 when Solar Cycle 16 peaked at 78," says panel chairman Doug Biesecker of the NOAA Space Weather Prediction Center.

Also on top of everything else man can you honestly say your not going to store some food or some supplies just to be somewhat prepared for this if it was to occur. To help cover that what if factor?

No. Nothing out of the ordinary is expected to happen. There are wars. There are volcanoes. There are storms. There are earthquakes. My guess is that we run with about 1 weeks worth of food in our house at any given time, sometimes more, sometimes less. We usually eat what does not last - fresh foods. Not going to change our lifestyle based on nonexistent and nonsensical threats. There are actual issues I have to deal with such as maintaining employment, educating my kids, sports programs, maintenance on our property, helping neighbors, volunteering in community programs, and so forth.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
ok honestly, if we cant "predict" weather the right way, then how the # are we "predicting" something that none of us never expirienced before? Im gonna be the one drinkin my beer on 2012 drunker than a mo fo, then when i wake up and were all still alive without any change to life. im gonna laugh my a$$ off and crack open another beer. But if im wrong and we all do die, then look at the bright side. one door closes and another door opens. we all lived on earth for a reason, another species or mankind will look at us humans as history. let the new generation live their lives just as we lived ours. either way, 2012 happens or not, life was good.

new topics

top topics

join