It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Create new currencies to counter the NWO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I've been considering what can be done to counter the NWO threat. Please let me know what you think about developing a money designed to maintain a steady value over time which is backed by a broad base of hard assets such as gold, silver, oil, etc. and whether it would be a good level of defense against those in favor of global governance.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The problem with that is - how are we supposed to pay taxes?
If everyone was convinced to switch to a civilian made currency system(if that's what your suggesting), how would we pay taxes. The government certainly wouldn't accept the civilian money.

I believe I saw something on the news about a town in New England that has it's own money system, but the currency is being used less and less because people can't pay their bills and taxes with that money. I don't know the reason behind the towns different currency, but it was certainly a failure.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CNRHKick

Why pay taxes if there was enough money for everyone? If your starting a new system, there would be no interest to pay on any loans, and no taxes to pay. It sounds nice, it`s just to bad everyone is so set in the Feds way of thinking, that you live, work your life away paying taxes and interest, then die.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Ya, let the government keep its' >$800-billion fake 'legal tender' and start using some real money instead. I'd be willing to accept your money, if you accept my flax-script.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The only good 'money' is no money at all.

I would much rather hunt for food ... cook it myself, use the hides for cloths .. and build my shelter. People today dont know the value of tribal living.. i guess you could call it that.

You take anyone from a major city and throw them in the woods with nothing... I give them 2 hours and they would be face down in a ditch or on a milk carton.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
i think the system will be credit... but some sort of currency will have to be created for the black market what it will be i have no clue what type of money system they will create... wish i knew so i could stock up on it now

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
In essence, there already is a "one world currency." The reason I say is because if I get paid in Canadian dollars and exchange those for say Euros, I will have the same buying power. The only difference between the currencies is in which one you invest your energy over a period of time through interest rates and over time whether or not they deflate or inflate.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that the worldwide currency is your time and energy in which you choose the physical representation of it.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by Cool Hand Luke]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
In the future currency will not be needed. The barter system will be the only way to survive.
I've read recently that in the near future people will live in small communities. These communities will be growing their own food, building their own shelters and sharing in a communal type society. Those living in these communities will each have their own shelters, but will work in the gardens, share knowledge they have expertise in and barter this expertise. Everything will be shared for the good of the community. Those living in these communities will be service-to-other type people. However, in the article it was said, that there will be those on the outside who will want what your community has to offer and they will fight you for them. It will be the community's obligation to protect the community againt these service-to-self individuals in any way necessary. If these communities exist in the country, in out of the way places they will thrive.
Urban dwellers will have a very difficult time in the future, as a majority have a service-to-self mentality and require money to exist. Many only have expertise in computers, banking, business, retail etc. but no real skills to barter with.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a one world currency is probably planned, with the one world goverment
they will not let us all keep our currency

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ServantPublic
I've been considering what can be done to counter the NWO threat. Please let me know what you think about developing a money designed to maintain a steady value over time which is backed by a broad base of hard assets such as gold, silver, oil, etc. and whether it would be a good level of defense against those in favor of global governance.

Stay local and barter. Aside from that I guess silver and gold would be
the obvious choice, but I am not sure how it will uphold. Whatever we find value in, the government will sure want a slice or forbid it.

top topics

join