It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toddlers and Tiaras

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The Learning Channel is starting a new show "Toddlers and Tiaras" -- is will be a reality show, with stage moms and dads who train their baby girls to act like adult sex trade workers. I saw the preview on tv last night and couldn't believe it. Made me sick, and brought back thoughts of the little Ramsey girl in Colorado.

You can bet pedophiles are shaking in their boots and foaming at the mouth. This TLC channel has created a show that is like a pedophile dream-come-true.

www.cafemom.com...

[edit on 8-1-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
well I think that this series SHOULD be shown and everybody rightfully be outraged about it! I agree it is sick what these parents do to their children and I hope it gets in all the media and people say NO I dont want to see that and with pressure put a stop to it

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

More parents exploiting there children for profit. I can see who is to blame for our children being messed up. It is the unfit parents who do this to their children, the networks that show them, and the people who watch this junk. This is the reason I do not watch "reality" shows.

Angels and Saints have mercy on us.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I actually JUST watched an episode of that a few nights ago. I couldnt believe it either. Little girls that young shouldnt be wearing that much makeup. And when one of the girls won, she cried and said "We won back the money mommy." Which was sad because it was like the mother layed a guilt trip on the girl saying if she didnt win, all the money spent would be pretty much down the drain. Little girls shouldnt have to have something like that on there shoulders.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I watched this show as well, as I have a young daughter, and I was horrified.
These kids are going to grow up so screwed up with a false sense that they must look perfect to win anything in life.
NOT MY DAUGHTER..not ever.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I watched one part with the dad who was in the audience and actually got mad when his daughter did not win.

He was sitting there shaking and saying "She didn't win a # thing." He soundedlike he wanted to hit her.

I bet there is so much tragic stuff that goes on behind the scenes.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Oh Barf!

Is this one even real?

WTF?

No. No. No.

One of the mothers they profiled for the show took her little girl tanning before the competition because "you can really tell the difference when they get on stage." I couldn't even believe that the operators would allow a child that young to tan. This "mom" ( I use that term lightly) pretty much tells her kid how to stand and throws her in the booth, only for the kid to come out screaming.

iknowallthewords.blogspot.com...

Making a 5 year old tan?

Ugh. This is so sad. I truly feel for the little girls and want to smack the crap out of the parents.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Are you kidding me? They made the girl tan? Thats ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I want to tune in only to see which companies sponsor this nonsense, so I can then boycott their products. I think I'd have to DVR it though, so I could skip TO the commercials, as I don't think I could stomach seeing the show.

This is so wrong...what kinds of people do this to kids? (and it's really a whole industry that feeds off of this narcisism by proxy)...

Sick...sick...sick....

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

those last two pictures are from the movie "Little Miss Sunshine". The movie actually places emphasis on just how adverse and perverse those pageant are. I recommend it.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
eww whats wrong with these parents. Are they crazy. If I had kids I would never screw there lives up like that. Sure I love fashion and the way a women dresses, but for kids at that age they shouldn't be put in this situation. Screwed up lives in their future for sure.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

eww whats wrong with these parents. Are they crazy.

Yes...yes they are. They're trying to relive their childhood dreams of being Barbie, through their kids as living/breathing substitute Barbie dolls...

In addition, most are likely rich, spoiled housewives (as it takes money to do these things) who are projecting their own narcissm onto their kids...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

Thanks, J. That makes me feel a bit better. They looked a little old for the age group the TV series is supposed to be about but those photos came up in the results for the title. Thanks for correcting me. It's good to know there is someone out there railing against what goes on behind the scenes.

[edit on 2/17/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

tonights episode looks like it is about older children.
i'm going to watch it just to see if these are girls that have been doing it for years and how bad the effect is.

new topics

top topics

join