It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amy Winehouse 'targeted by Islamic extremists'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Amy Winehouse 'targeted by Islamic extremists'

www.prefixmag.com

According to British taboid The Sun, posts advocating that Winehouse, Mark Ronson and other Jewish celebrities should become a “terror target” have allegedly appeared on a forum on the website Ummah.com.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The posting on the site apparently only targets British celebrities and political figures, and is being taken very seriously by anti-terror expert Glen Jenvey. “The Ummah website has been used by extremists,” Jenvey told The Sun. “Those listed should treat it very seriously. Expect a hate campaign and intimidation by 20 or 30 thugs.” The Sun states that the hate campaign was started by a user named “Saladin1970,” who cited the need to post “a list of those who support Israel” in response to the attacks in Gaza.

www.prefixmag.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Winehouse huh? Aside from her musical talent what could she possibly being doing to incense radical Islam, other than possibly slurring some hate speech. Hopefully she can clean up but I don't see it. But if the Islamic extremist see her as a target I think they need to re-examine thier outlook on who is a threat. The only person she is a threat to is herself and family.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
if the extremists have anything against winehouse, they should leave her alone to her own drug induced downward spiral. the longer the circles the drain, the more suffering she will endure.

shame...she has so much talent. her first album blew my wife and I away. like most talented musicians, that talent comes at the cost of so much baggage.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
i just checked Ummah.com out and they have a rebuttal to the Sun (piece of trash that it is).....surprise surprise, the Sun took everything completely out of context in a bid to stir up fear and hatred.

Ummah Reply to The Sun

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Dracula23

being a member of Ummah.com
have to say this is alot of BS

ummah.com...

I can confirm that the User "AbuIslam" who is posing as a Muslim on this forum is infact a freelance Journalist by the name of "Richard Tims" who registered on this forum to twist what the original Intent of this thread was for and to make Muslims look bad.

see geek already beet me to it

[edit on 9-1-2009 by bodrul]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Dracula23

I had to post becasue every time I scroll by this I laugh out loud. The way miss Winehouse is looking these days, it may be difficult for the extremists to differentiate her from others like themselves. I can see it now, the mad bombers waiting outside the bar, looking at a cd cover and then glancing up at the dude smoking outside the bar - "I thought it was a woman! And she's supposed to be Bristish, not Mongolian!"

ColoradoJens

top topics

join