It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN's objectivity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I have often read here on ATS that, particularly Americans, say that CNN is biased in many ways and everything but objective. Some put CNN in the same box as Fox, which in my opinion is biased.

Living in a country that has one of the most objective mainstream medias in the world, I think I can judge what's objective and what is not. Here in Holland you can say everything in the mainstream media. I remember some comedy show which has Enrique Iglesias as guest. He was totally surprised that you can mention 'pussy' on TV here. Whether that's a good thing or not is irrelevant, the fact that journalists get all freedom to report and make objective documentaries have earned my appreciation. Particularly, when I see what Americans get to see.

During international conflict I mostly watch CNN International, which is located in the UK, since we don't have any real-time media channels here in the Netherlands and I've always considered it to be a neutral mainstream media channel. Therefore, I am wondering whether people know if there's such a huge difference between CNN - US and CNN International?

Edit - to the mods: feel free to move this thread to a more relevant forum if necessary.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by Mdv2]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
To be honest, My only problem with CNN is that I continue to get showbiz news when I'm looking for International conflict news...

When I was in the UK I loved CNN INternational as well as the BBC

but CNN US is pretty ok, but just way too much fluff stuff for me.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I agree on the fluff factor in the US CNN broadcast. The CNN International I like better than the BBC. My TV broke a month ago so I really can't speak to their performance during the Gaza aggressions.

join