It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IDF discovers map detailing Hamas' INTENTIONAL use of civilian structures (w/PIC)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
To everyone out there who always yells about how Israel is targeting Palestinian civilians in their homes and the number of civilian casualties, this map discovered by IDF paratroopers clearly shows how Hamas is DELIBERATELY using civilian structures knowing full well the danger they place civilians:

IDF discovers Hamas booby-trap map:

"Hamas makes cynical use of civilian homes, the entrances of which were booby-trapped in order to hurt IDF soldiers." Explosive devices were also planted near gas stations despite the immediate danger to civilians, Halamish added. He said the layout had been thoroughly planned in preparation for a ground operation.

What is the IDF supposed to do when it confronts sharpshooters / bombs placed near civilians? Any military would have no other choice than to respond. HAMAS puts these civilians in danger, not the IDF, knowing full well that their deaths will act as fodder for their propaganda machine.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by Amberite]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by Amberite
What is the IDF supposed to do when it confronts sharpshooters / bombs placed near civilians?

I don't know, but shooting a UN fork lift truck at a crossing point with a tank, and shelling and bombing UN buildings and facilities (after being given the coordinates of them), thus forcing the UN relief agency out of the area and to suspend its operations in Gaza probably isn't it, is it?

See....both sides in this bitter, bitter conflict are as guilty as each other.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Israel has already stated that attacks on UN buildings occurred because militants were using those buildings as cover. Just because the building is owned by the UN doesn't mean that militants can't sneak into these structures and open fire. Hamas will use ANYONE as a shield because it a) protects their troops and b) draws condemnation when Israel fires back. It's a win-win situation for them. Especially when that building is UN-owned.

This map, if anything, shows this point perfectly.

It amazes me that people regard Hamas so highly as to think they will not employ these tactics. Open your eyes! Hamas is a GORILLA force and they will use gorilla tactics to fight. The forefront of these tactics is to use civilians and aid organizations as cannon-fodder. Are you so naive and blind that you don't realize this? Do you see Hamas engaging the IDF openly? No. They hide purposely behind civilians and UN staff.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by Amberite]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
What makes me laugh is that he is using an Israeli news source. Haven't we all realized that all objectivity is thrown out when you use an Israeli source?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bl0rg
What makes me laugh is that he is using an Israeli news source. Haven't we all realized that all objectivity is thrown out when you use an Israeli source?

I was just going to say the same thing
Is any side here credible. I distrust ANYTHING Israel says just as much as I would HAMAS.

More likely its yet another MOSSAD false flag. They have done it to the United States (aka the Lavon Affair) so its a no brainer eh?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Haha. That's funny. Because I've seen about 20 posts with 40+ flags on them over the past 2 weeks with news sources coming straight out of al-Jazeera or other Arab news organizations. Hypocritical much, are we?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Wait, the map shows what, and how do you know what it shows? Someone told you what it shows, right?

To my eyes, it looks like it could be anything from a flow chart on pig farm profits to a set of directions on how to get to the 7-11.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Wait, the map shows what, and how do you know what it shows? Someone told you what it shows, right?

To my eyes, it looks like it could be anything from a flow chart on pig farm profits to a set of directions on how to get to the 7-11.

Once again, people are quick to believe anything al-Jazeera says without so much as a picture, but when Israel says something and provides a picture (albeit small), you suddenly question? Again, hypocritical.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
.both sides in this bitter, bitter conflict are as guilty as each other.

I think the entire world should butt out and let them beat the snot out of each other and FINALLY get it over with. Then we don't have to hear about either of them anymore. Those that die get the Darwin Award. Those that don't die will, hopefully, be smarter.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
All sides are using propaganda to push their agenda...

This just looks like yet more...I wouldn't trust it to be honest

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Once again, people are quick to believe anything al-Jazeera says without so much as a picture, but when Israel says something and provides a picture (albeit small), you suddenly question? Again, hypocritical.

Okay so whos story will you beleive? News comming from the IDF controlled West bank where they do not allow reporters and our own MSM which shows a few clips of a settler home that was hit by a rocket with one injury or the 30 people killed at a bombed school? Or al-Jazeera which face it is the most credible news source for people in the Middle East. Think of them as an Arabic Fox News

Yet a vague map produced by the IDF/Mossad and you buy faster than an Merkava tank shooting at civilians.

Hello pot its the kettle..........YOUR BLACK

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

So you're telling me that other countries allow MSM in active war zones? Did you see MSM tagging along in Iraq? No, you saw them well behind the front lines because there is no way the US Army will allow reporters along the front. Difference here is that Gaza is so small that the entire area is the front, especially because Hamas likes to hide among civilians and there is no way to easily distinguish civilian from militant.

And you are calling al-Jazeera the most credible news source in the middle east?
. Now that is a joke if I ever saw one.

And your poorly placed analogy with a Merkava tank shooting civilians shows your true colors and how insensitive you are about the situation.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Amberite

Fred just answered for me. Israel is blocking reporters to gaza so they can manipulate reporting as they see fit. If anything both arab networks and israeli are bad sources, but the Israeli is definitely much worse.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

reply to post by Amberite

Fred just answered for me. Israel is blocking reporters to gaza so they can manipulate reporting as they see fit. If anything both arab networks and israeli are bad sources, but the Israeli is definitely much worse.

As I responded above, you will NEVER see press INSIDE an active war zone, regardless of which country it is. It creates too much of a distraction to the soldiers, along with beyond another responsibility.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Its not too far fetched to think that israel could have made and planted that map. I dont see any reason why they wouldn't have. Now thats thinking in the grey area.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I've saved and blownup the image in photoshop, tried to sharpen the image, adjusted levels, etc and still cant get any better detail as its a low-resolution scan to begin with, so there's no objective way to determine whether the far smaller written text is arabic or hebrew.

The only defined text is on the left in large arabic characters...

even if you could read arabic it would almost impossible to determine just what the smaller annotations read.

Another point...who's to say that this map wasn't a hand drawn on-the-ground tactical street-fighting map by an IDF soldier detailing targets, fire points, and objectives? We don't even know what area of Gaza its representing

All that is evident is handwritten arabic on the left of the map, and a claim by Ynet that it was found by IDF troops.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
www.ynet.co.il...]ynet

We must not forgive Iran’s president.

We must not forgive the despicable Jews who met with him and kissed him.

see i can quote ynet as well

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Mossad and Shin Bet have Arabic speakers, I am sure they also have paper and coloured pens.

Now they have disclosed that they know where the booby traps are, what is to stop Hamas from jumbling it up a bit. Israel's announcement makes no military sense because they haven't entered Gaza proper yet but it makes propaganda sense.

Hamas will know the truth for now and this announcement will have meaning to them. If it is true, they see clearly that Israel has no intention of entering Gaza and they don't care if Hamas has booby trapped buildings.

If it is a falsehood Hamas will conclude that Israel intends to continue the conflict and the propaganda is just grist for the mill.

In the scheme of things, booby trapping civilian houses to kill invaders is not a crime. Booby traps are defensive installations designed to harm aggressors. Israel is in the invidious position of complaining about the obvious and inevitable.

[edit on 123131p://pm3133 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
amberite

So..you're saying that because some people believe what Al Jazeera says, they should believe this too? I'm not sure that makes sense - in fact, I'm sure it doesn't.

That diagram could be anything, we have no idea.

If Al Jazeera posted that same thing and said it was proof that the IDF was intentionally targeting civilians without cause, I would be just as skeptical.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by neformore

Israel has already stated that attacks on UN buildings occurred because militants were using those buildings as cover.

Ah, Israel said it, so that makes it alright then doesn't it

The United Nations denied the claim. I see no reason for them to lie - do you?

So maybe the intention was to drive the UN representatives out of the area?

Israel has previous form on targetting the United Nations and its representatives by the way, despite being informed of their locations - heres an example from 2006

Israel Bombs UN Compound, US Blocks Condemnation

But anyway......tell me how you look down an advanced optical tank gunsight with a laser rangefinder on it and mistake a fork lift truck as a hammas terrorist then.

I won't hold my breath on that one.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 8 Jan 2009 by neformore]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join