It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Schiff Predicts Imminent Doom

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Peter Schiff on Russia Today.

I sure hope people have listened to him and have been getting out of the U.S. dollar.

Link to youtube video:

www.youtube.com...

another link - better quality www.youtube.com...

Sorry, I can never seem to actually embed a video.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by questioningall]

[edit: fixed embedded video code]

[edit on 8-1-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

The You Yube link tells the viewer

"The URL is malformed..."

i couldn't begin to figure out which Peter Schiff video you found enlightning
thanks

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
A shill is an associate of a person selling goods or services or a political group, who pretends no association to the seller/group and assumes the air of an enthusiastic customer. The intention of the shill is, using crowd psychology, to encourage others unaware of the set-up to purchase said goods or services or support the political group's ideological claims. Shills are often employed by confidence artists.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
UIKVseq97DU

Do you see the number I pasted above.

Look above the vid....www.youtube.com...

See the vid tag? Cut and paste that to youtubevideo. Vid tag is the numeric/alpha sequence above at 11:00

[edit on 8-1-2009 by whiteraven]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by huckfinn
A shill is an associate of a person selling goods or services or a political group, who pretends no association to the seller/group and assumes the air of an enthusiastic customer. The intention of the shill is, using crowd psychology, to encourage others unaware of the set-up to purchase said goods or services or support the political group's ideological claims. Shills are often employed by confidence artists.

So, you're suggesting Peter Schiff is as you described above?? If this is the case, then I have to ask: have you done your homework on Peter and his observations over the last several years?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Are the majority of American's fearless or just plain senseless?

Oh I think I'll just listen to the government, go get a six pack of beer and watch world wrestling smack down.

This message is loud and clear for the people that truly want to hear it.

Thanks Peter I'm listening and preparing.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by huckfinn

Explain how your definition pertains to Peter Schiff.

Please enlighten us.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

I sure hope people have listened to him and have been getting out of the U.S. dollar.

I can't watch the video... but how exactly does one 'get out of the dollar'.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
As things go on and on and Peter Schiff explains his positions more and more and I think his position is a fallacy somewhat. We will be getting massive inflation and the economy will continue to get worse but it will not be armageddon. The rest of the world is doing the SAME exact things. My economics teacher once was talking about treasuries and she said that they are safe as long as the U.S. government and economy is safe, if it isn;t, well, we are all screwed wherever you are anyway.

Honestly, how can he think foreign stocks of all things would be safe if the U.S. collapsed. It is crazy.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mecheng

Gold, Silver, land, Food, goods to trade with and supplies for a year or two.

Not much else is worth anything.

Listen to the ATS interview with Peter.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng

Easy buy gold and silver and I would especially buy the Chinese yaun now, they have been depressing the value of it.

But metals is where to be.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Most of us refer to that as 'survivalism'. Way ahead of Schiff. This is global. Whatever happens will happen globally. Some will be worse-off than others. We 'chose' to ride into the storm and now we're going to have to ride it out.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng

Easy buy gold and silver and I would especially buy the Chinese yaun now, they have been depressing the value of it.

But metals is where to be.

If the U.S. collapses, meaning about 25% of world demand for commodities you think metals will hold up (besides gold MAYBE)? Also you think the Chinese yuan will hold up if the U.S. declares bankruptcy and their debt that they hold goes to zero?

I DON'T THINK SO!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
17 flags for something that has already been discussed a lot already? I guess those series of web bot earthquake threads really helped your popularity. Who knows, maybe you will eventually compete with DimensionalDetective.

It doesn't take a genius to predict that imminent doom is coming with all the stuff that is going on in the world. If his predictions come to pass, he certainly wouldn't have been the first to predict them, but to see him reach the same conclusions as other informed individuals deserves some merit.

[edit on 1/8/2009 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
17 flags for something that has already been discussed a lot already? I guess those series of web bot earthquake threads really helped your popularity. Who knows, maybe you will eventually compete with DimensionalDetective.

It doesn't take a genius to predict that imminent doom is coming with all the stuff that is going on in the world. If his predictions come to pass, he certainly wouldn't have been the first to predict them, but to see the same conclusions as other informed individuals deserves some merit.

Exactly. What takes a genius is someone who knows it is coming and where they should put their money. A collapse of the U.S. would not make foreign stocks a good place to put money unless you live on Mars! Their stock exchange would probably not be affected. He is clueless what to do if this comes to pass. If anything, you should put your money into food and a bunker in the situation he conjured.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Here's the kicker... Many of us have been told over and over that social security will be gone by the time we retire, and therefore we need to put 15% of our income into 401k or we won't be able to retire.

Smart or not, the overwhelming majority of my savings is in my 401k. Consequently I only have a few limited choices of where to put it - invest in different mutual funds or move it into more conservative government bonds.

So it's not exactly as easy for most, if they are like me, to simply 'get out of the dollar'.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

You're thinking short term in the scope of perhaps one or two weeks. Your reasoning shortsighted and ultimately incorrect.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by cognoscente]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
i think i have learned more about life,,,,,or at least gov't,,, in the last 2 years thn my entire life combined

and who do i thank

ron paul

peter schiff

john birch society

all ron paul meetups

NORML----legalize marijuana---and the lies on hemp

and even ATS where i kept seeing this ron paul guy named and said who the hell is this guy ron paul???

thank you all

peter schiff is the man and i hope my family will head his advice

the sad part-----this video to dater hass 623 views,,, and there's millions of clueless americans who are gonna be screwed,,, wondering what happened,,,the gov't said it'd be alright

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
What I heard somebody suggest is to take your dollars and put them in a foreign bank in that country's currency so when the dollar is destroyed by TPTB, you will still have your current value without any loss. IDK is that a good idea?
I saw a video my FIL showed me that had some financial guy swearing up and down that NWO was going to crash the dollar into nothing and THEN was going to offer USA "Hey we will turn your dollars into Amero's for 2 cents on the dollar"

Kinda spooked me a little, but that scenario would pretty much destroy America, not only financially, but socially as well. I got mad and told my FIL that thats a stupid idea, it would cause riots and pretty much destroy America, he told me well theyre going to do it.

The funny part is he is not one to jump to conspiracy's so quick. Be prepared for anything is my only advice. I've seen here in California, the price of AR15 parts jump to twice their price since the election. Be prepared.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cognoscente
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

You're thinking short term in the scope of perhaps one or two weeks. Your reasoning shortsighted and ultimately incorrect.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by cognoscente]

Right. So a collapse of the U.S. will only take one-two weeks. Yet a collapse of the U.S. financial sector hasn't been fully factored in yet and it has been about 2 months. Right. But I am sure I am wrong. Everything will be fine around the world if the U.S. collapsed in a week or two

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join