It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitler promised change too.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
An elderly German lady looking back on the Holocaust writes:

I trembled last night when I heard the voices of American children raised in song, praising the name of Obama, the charismatic fellow who claims he is the American Messiah. Yet I have heard what this man Obama says about abortion and the "mercy killing" of tiny babies who are not wanted.

There are so few of us left to warn you.

I have heard that there are 69 million Catholics in America and 70 million Evangelical Christians.

Where are your voices?

Where is your outrage?

Where is passion and your vote?

Do you vote based on an abortionist's empty promises and economics? Or do you vote according to the Bible?

I have heard the words of Obama damning and mocking all of you in small towns because you "Cling to your religion."

But I am a woman whose name is unknown. My life is recorded as a work of fiction. I have no fear of reprisal when I speak truth to you from the pages of a book. (Though the Zion Covenant books are mocked and condemned by the Left in America.)

I am an old woman and will soon go to be with my Lord. I have no fear for myself, but for all of you and for your children, I tremble.

I tremble at the hymns to a political leaders which your children will sing at school. (Though even now a hymn or a prayer to God and our Lord Jesus is against the law in public school!)

Your vote must put a stop to what will come upon America if Barrack Obama is elected. I pray you will personally heed this warning for the sake of your children and your grandchildren. Do not be deceived.

: SOURCE :

Short of highlighting the obvious, this is a little ironic for me.. Last weekend a member of my fiance's family invited us over for dinner, over dinner I had a neat conversation with someone I had never met who earlier on in the day had been fortunate enough to speak one on one with a Holocaust survivor. The woman held back tears until she could no longer contain herself and broke down saying that this election has triggered more memories than any other, and to be prepared because Barack Obama is our new Hitler. History repeats itself, it's just not always in a good way.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
well...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
CUBA got change in 1959

A blog by someone who escaped Communist Cuba.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
The thing is, Hitler brought good change. He transformed Germany from being a poverty-stricken 2nd-world nation to being the most powerful nation in Europe and probably in the world, next to the US and the Soviet Union.

Obama on the other hand is not going to turn our struggling nation into a powerful nation once again, he will just screw it up more than it already is.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by taserman]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Hitler brought the German people together, brought their economy back from the depression of world war 1, built the nation up to be a world super power within a very short time.

Yes, he got some funding from external sources but mark my words, if the holocaust had never happened Hitler would have been listed as one of the greatest leaders the western world has ever seen.

Lets take a minute to understand how he did this before we continue-

www.igshistoryonline.co.uk/Students'%20work/A%20Level/Nazi%20economy%20essay%20-%20R.doc

When Hitler came to power in 1933, the Germany economy was in a desperate state and still reeling from the effects of the 1919 Treaty of Versailles and the 1929 Wall Street Crash. Hitler decided that a revival of the economy was a necessity in order to achieve his ideological aims for the future of Germany. He even stated that ‘the needs of the state, varying according to time and circumstances are the crucial factor’, and Hitler believed that Germany was a great state, and therefore needed a strong economy in order to achieve her potential, which arguably Hitler perceived, as world power. There were four basic aims for the economy. Firstly, Hitler wished to tackle the depression which Germany was suffering from, and to generate employment, as unemployment was close to six billion in 1930. This policy also had other advantages, as by reducing unemployment, a climate of optimism would be generated in Germany and Hitler would be able to consolidate the power of his regime. The other principal aim for the economy was to create a Wehrwirtschaft, a defence economy in order to fulfil the desire for territorial expansion and Lebensraum. Therefore, war resources would need to be made (a job for the unemployed) and substitutes for imports would need to be found in order to achieve self reliance, which was termed autarky. Another minor aim was to aid the economic interests of the Mittelstand, which was where Hitler’s strongest opposition lay. It is apparent that although Hitler wished to fulfil the destiny of Germany, this was to be done on his own terms.

One of the methods used by Hitler to achieve his economic aims was the creation of employment, which would thereby reduce state benefits, increase public expenditure and investment and stimulate consumer demand; all crucial for a healthy economy. Public Works Schemes were begun which meant the building of Autobahns and homes. This meant that a large number of jobs were created. Tax concessions and grants were provided, which stimulated demand to further strengthen the economy. More jobs were created in government bureaucracy and subsidies were given for hiring workers in the private sector.

Schacht introduced the policy of deficit financing, which was the governmental spending of more money than it was receiving in order to boost the economy. This was achieved through the introduction of factors such as mefo bills, which were issued to industry in return for goods, which were then repaid with interest. Mefo bills, although a risky means of financing an economic revival, were responsible for the funding of approximately half of Germany’s rearmament programme.

Bilateral trade agreements were made, for example with the Balkans which meant Germany had access to the raw materials needed for rearmament. In terms of achieving autarky, bartering was introduced to gain goods without the use of currency, and the 1934 New Plan meant that imports could be regulated.

In terms of the success of the economy, whilst there were indeed successes there were also failures. The aim of employing the nation was a success, with only 0.2 million unemployed by 1938, and 0.8 million more employed in 1938 than in 1928; so not only did the Nazis drastically reduce unemployment, but they also succeeded in the fact that more were employed than under the Weimar government. However wages for the employed steadily decreased as a percentage of national income. The aim of achieving a Wehrwirtschaft was also a success and a failure, depending on how viewed. Autarky in basic food groups such as bread and vegetables was very close to being achieved, the production of goods nearly tripled between 1933 and 1938, national income nearly doubled and again, beat that of Weimar and crucially, Germany was indeed prepared enough to achieve European dominance by 1941.

Now, going by that bit of information, it looks like the US at the moment with its economy in such dire straights, and employment rising, could well do with a president the likes of Hitler.

(of course not including the massacre of various nationalities in ww2)

Imagine the US economy being brought back to number 1 status in the world again with very low unemeployment within Obama's 1st presidency?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by taserman

Sure Hitler brought good change. If you overlook that pesky Holocaust stuff.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Its not fair to say Obama is the new Hitler just because his slogan was "change" and he is an amazing speaker.

At least give the man a chance to become president before stamping him.

Originally posted by taserman
Obama on the other hand is not going to turn our struggling nation into a powerful nation once again, he will just screw it up more than it already is.

How is that possible?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Well, that settles it for me... Obama is the new Hitler! I always said Obama Hussein can "keep the change". Anybody know where I can find a cheap airline ticket to Venezuela? Chavez is looking like a puppy dog in comparison!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Lenin, Trotsky, Stalin, et al, brought change to Russia as well. As did Mao Tse Tong in China. And Pol Pot in Cambodia. And the list could go on and on for the 20th century alone, much less other periods of time in World History. And so it goes here in America as well. There are those like us on ATS and BTS that see what happens all the time. But we are among a select few, who see what is going on and trying to warn others. Most people are like sheep, going along with what the powers that be say, even when they know it is wrong.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
All leaders offer 'change.' This is a very tenuous link. I take it McCain would also be the new Hitler by this definition.

Hitler brought good change? Try a World War in which tens of millions died, a holocaust, his own church, condemned women to the home, and oppressed blacks, gays, and jews. His economic policy required invasion to pay for his military spending and by the end Germany was bankrupt, in ruins and divided up.

OK, dealing with the above paragraph, where does Obama stand? Well, his spending out of the recession is peaceful, environmental and he lets women and black people be equal to whites.

Is this a KKK threasd? If it is, you want to get one of your brighter ones to deal with this...... if they exist.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

The holocaust didn't happen, imo.

Oh lord. You just lost any posting credibility that you may have had.
Answers to Holocost denials

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wally Conley

Lenin, Trotsky, Stalin, et al, brought change to Russia as well. As did Mao Tse Tong in China. And Pol Pot in Cambodia. And the list could go on and on for the 20th century alone, much less other periods of time in World History. And so it goes here in America as well.

Would it be fair to say that Obama will bring change in spades?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

The holocaust didn't happen, imo.

Oh lord. You just lost any posting credibility that you may have had.

Why? Have you actually ever read any holocaust survivor stories? If you have, and you still believe it, you are pretty dumb, either that or you believe in magic and miracles, but hey who am I to knock you for believing in stuff like that?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Just heard Obamas statement about situation in Middle-East... "We will engage, and make all what is needed to get peace to Middle-East" ... in Al Jazeera.

Engage? - Making peace, and forcing to peace is two totally different things.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
Just heard Obamas statement about situation in Middle-East... "We will engage, and make all what is needed to get peace to Middle-East" ... in Al Jazeera.

Again you are quoting Al Jazeera. They are not a credible source of information. Only if you actually saw a video tape of Obama saying those words should you believe them. Otherwise - it's just typical Al Jazeera propaganda to further some bias or aim of theirs.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Personally, I hate his oratory "skills". It's way too crafted which is something that some people like I guess, but to me its a big joke. I can't believe at times how drawn in people get, but that's another topic I guess

I sort of have a bad feeling about some possibilities with Obama. It'd be fairly easy for him I think to provide change on a small or even large scale and convince people to go against their gut instinct, sort of lead us by the hand into a pit.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Why? Have you actually ever read any holocaust survivor stories? If you have, and you still believe it, you are pretty dumb, either that or you believe in magic and miracles, but hey who am I to knock you for believing in stuff like that?

Yes I have read the survivor stories. I have met survivors. One woman in particular - from Poland - who was in one of their forced work camps - was an amazing person. I have also seen the videos and the pictures, as well as read the reports from even the Germans themselves.

Millions of Jews. Hundreds of thousands of Catholics and Poles. Hundreds of thousands of homosexuals, sick people, and the mentally ill. It's rather well documented.

You really should be careful about calling people 'pretty dumb' - considering that you are a denier of the Holocost and all.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by taserman

Oh ok. So the Nuremberg laws never existed, the concentration camps never existed, and since you weren't personally there to witness people dieing in said concentration camps that means it didn't happen.
Like I said, Hitler brought good change except for that pesky Holocaust stuff.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by donwhite
Would it be fair to say that Obama will bring change in spades?

*cough* ... um .. Mr Don White ... would you care to elaborate on your statement?
Thank you.

[edit on 1/8/2009 by FlyersFan]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join