It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Strange lights' as turbine damaged

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   

'Strange lights' as turbine damaged

uk.news.yahoo.com

An investigation is under way into how a blade was mysteriously torn off a wind turbine amid reports of "strange lights" in the sky. Skip related content
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: title to same as source]
Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Hmmm interesting stuff! Wonder if this will be looked into or if it will be on of those things that just fades away?

Could it be an Alien space craft? or a weather phenomeon? or maybe Military?

Seems to be lots of cases recently.. are things hotting up?

For something to tear a blade off one of those wind turbines seems quite fasinating as they are very large and no doubt quite heavy and made of metal. Maybe a metor?

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: title to same as source]
Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
This has also been reported on the BBC website:

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
whoops just saw other post about this story.

Sorry.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
It's ok, an ATS News article and regular thread can exists side by side, unless the rules have changed recently.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
This is potentially quite significant

It seems that numerous reports of UAP activity were made prior to and during the time the turbine was getting intimate with whatever it was that struck it.

One report described an object 'hovering over' the turbine around the time of the incident

Link to BBC

Interestingly enough, the founder of the wind farm involved in this incident, Dale Vince, told a BBC radio interviewer, that he felt that the UAP/UFO collision theory was one of the more plausible explanations.

Thanks misuneko for the post

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Hi guys,

Just thought i'd post in here as I only live a few miles away from the location.

Lincolnshire, and in particular over the Lincolnshire Wolds is a hotspot for UFO sightings and activity. So its no surprise that this event is being linked to UFO's or similar.

Lincolnshire because of its rural nature is also home to a quite ridiculous number of military bases as well.

Whilst 'The Sun' is far from being a particularly reliable or credible news source, they do at least have some photos of the aftermath-

www.thesun.co.uk...

Few points to raise -

1) Where has the missing blade gone? Far too big to just be stolen by a local.

2) There's next to no explanation available other than something airborne hitting it.

3) Whatever hit it hasn't crashed locally so must have been a particularly strong object.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Ok, I'm glad this thread already exists... because I have actually just scanned two articles from two different newspapers I bought today.

This first one is the wind turbine story scanned from The Sun newspaper.

The second is a story from my local newspaper where lights were spotted over my town. Talk about spooky, the timing is just too strange.

Anyway, I found it rather interesting, I hope you guys do too.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Hey, just thought i'd point out that the blade isn't missing, it was on the floor next to the turbine. The video on the BBC news website says that this caused some confusion early on.

pretty strange stuff, would've had to have been a fairly strong impact to do that kind of damage would it not? very strange.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
samples, of the blade sent to germany

you will never hear about this by next week

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by misuneko

They are discussing the lights on all major channels now... they are excited and can't wait for some of the debris to get back... let's hope something comes out of it.

Nick pope is loving this man...

[edit on 8/1/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The Broken Blade was found on the ground.

Still not known what caused this ... possibly a bent shaft or bearing failure causing it to spin unstably and cause metal fatigue/distortion.

UFO story made good radio for about 15 minutes down under.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I have already started a thread on this here www.abovetopsecret.com... it now has 21 flags and 10 pages ,so come join the party

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Hang on, they have the technology to travel across space at or above light speed without crashing into anything, but for some reason while visiting our world they crash into this?

I've personally seen one in Wyoming that was damaged in nearly the exact same way as this one, though in that case a UFO was not blamed, it was caused by a failed gear, and breaking system.... It exceeded the max. RPM, which caused one of the blades to break off, damaging the other before what was left of it crashed to the ground many yards away.

Silly Brits.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
www.ufocasebook.com... (scroll down for video)

www.foxnews.com...

This is most interesting to me. The MOD says they only investigate UFO sightings that have defense significance. Well, what ever this was flew into the UK airspace and broke a wind turbine. What will it take for the MOD to say they'll investigate a UFO sighting? For a UFO to come down and start shooting at them?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

It's quite a leap to say that reports of lights are related to broken wind generator blades. There is no determination that anything hit it. Wind generators are known to fail for various reasons having nothing to do with foreign objects.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Those UFOs just can't take the wind power.
One blade snapped off.
When one vortex, the blades, meets the crop circle energy
beam, vortex #2, things happen.

new topics

top topics

join