It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abbas will loose his presidency tomorrow!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
If you think that situation in Palestine cant go anymore difficult... You were wrong. After tomorrow 9.1.2009 Palestine will loose their legal president... Abbas stays in power, maybe not.

I have spend my time today to figure out why West Bank is so quiet these days, Fatah is like stand by... For what? ... This news was something I hear now first time... I didnt know about this... WTF?

Gaza crisis defers dispute over Abbas presidency

JERUSALEM, Jan 8 (Reuters) - Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, whose original four-year term expires on Friday, faces a legitimacy challenge that Israel's Gaza war has only postponed.

How it plays out will affect Abbas's ability to pursue peace talks with Israel. These have so far proved fruitless, earning him only derision from Hamas, which preaches armed resistance...

www.alertnet.org...

Is this the reason for West Bank silence? ... They are just waiting that legitimacy of current government expires, and then ... Future loyality is open question also inside Fatah after tomorrow?

Sure this gives some reasons why Abbas was collaborating with Israel and Egypt... He was running out of time! Do we witness coup after tomorrow, very dramatic change in players? Possible...

What a mess!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Three words from Iran official statement havent let me alone, since I first time read that announcement... after that my open question has been,

"Who really is President of Palestine?"

Irna posted official announcement from president of Iran, up in first line, there are those three words... at Tehran, Dec 30, IRNA

Iran-Palestine-President
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in a message addressed to world nations on Tuesday condemned the atrocities of the Zionist regime and its supporters in Gaza Strip...

www2.irna.ir...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

- I havent ever heard before, that Iran and Palestine have common president... Or is this just coming to our wider knowledge, after Abbas presidency is about to expire?

Can we wait total "news atom-bomb" from these governance issues soon?

[edit on 8-1-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
This statement by Israel president really shows that something big is maybe coming soon in political level... Breaking News!

'Gaza must not become Iran's satellite'

Israel's President, Shimon Peres, has declared that the Gaza Strip must not become a satellite site for the Islamic Republic of Iran.

"Our goals are clear: we do not want to make Gaza a satellite of Iran, and we don't want a ceasefire but the end of the terror," Peres said in an interview with Italian daily La Repubblica on Thursday.

www.presstv.ir...

What happens if - "Gaza is part of Iran?"

Think the impact... Chaos in political level, international community. Does that mean that bombing Gaza means same as bombing Iran, and then Iran has right to defend them self, and all political negotiations must go with Tehran?

I can just say, WHAT A MESS!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Now that's a scary thought.
Hell, forget the appetizers, get right to the main course eh?
I sure hope you're not reading that right.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

If we want to know what really is going on, we cant look the news. They are totally silenced and controlled by Zionist forces. AL Jazeera is only news agency which have 24H broadcast, corresponders in the ground.

Many have questioned BBC news here, today I read some observers notes...

January 6, 2009
What is Really Happening

I watched BBC World News for a timed hour yesterday. In that time I saw:
Pro-Israeli (including US government) speakers - 17
Pro-Palestinian speakers - 2

Mentions of Hamas Rockets as reason for war - 37
Mentions of illegal Israeli settlements - 0
Mentions of Palestinians killed by Israel during "ceasefire" - 2
Mentions of Sderot - 12
Mentions Sderot used to be Palestinian - 0

If you don't believe me, try it yourself.

www.craigmurray.org.uk...

To get answers, someone should make right questions, and there is great problem. Two Al Jazeera journalist have no time to do any research, and big news media outlets gives time only to propaganda speakers...

If we want to go roots to this huge, dangerous crisis, we have to make our own investigation... We are those experts in these issues. World doesnt care, and first victim of war is always the truth.

Real goals of Operation Cast Lead is totally hidden from public. Conspiracy behind conspiracy knows truth, but we can get closer by tight observing, linking information without any attitude from outcomes.

Now when the first schock is over... We have to concentrate to collect information, which is very difficult task because media blockade in Gaza and palestine, also distortion in words hearing from Iran and Syria.

We need translators from Arabic to English to here. This moment its very difficult to get in to political situation, because all material is only by English.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I've had Aljazeera , PressTV, and others up on a satellite feed (G25@97W) since this began. I gave up on the US MSM long ago when it comes to knowing what's going on in the rest of the world.
Peace

[edit on 8-1-2009 by lernmore]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Beautifully presented. This whole Gaza confict has been premeditated months in advance for a greater goal which at this moment cannot be identified. With escaltion in progress it should be interesting especially with the inaguration in two weeks time.

Obama was said to make unpopular decision early in his presidency. Will he declare war on Iran?

Slowly but surely the blame is being painted on Iran. The grand symphony of economic collapse has begun to play...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Thanks for op from his thread, article about,

By Richard Falk, United Nations Special Rapporteur on Human Rights in the Palestinian Territories
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What this background suggests strongly is that Israel launched its devastating attacks, starting on December 27, not simply to stop the rockets or in retaliation, but also for a series of unacknowledged reasons.

When UN doesnt know, who knows?

Good article in general, but stucks to same illusions than 99% from the world: I think Richard Falk doesnt go deep enough in his questions. Answers he gives denies all conspiracies, even doesnt lift those natural questions to the table... Does he really believe that some todays elected puppets have some true power?

Greatest problem in our official level is ignorance about historical distortions and hysteria against powerful world of conspiracies. Puppets rely to other puppets, and to public governments, announcements, and illusion from their real power, democracy.

Unacknowledged reasons are very deep behind acts we see on our screens, those are just well placed steps toward something... like 911 has teach us. This operation planning has taken its place for years, maybe even a decades, and it has nothing to do with todays tactical situation in political, or in military ground.

We need really open debate from geopolitics, hidden religious agendas, and of course: Follow the money. Everything is possible now.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
See its simple to think Israel went to war just to stop the rockets from hitting it settlements.

However, the more closely you look, the more sinister the answer.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Bl0rg

Thank you.

Like to all of us, this operation breaks out from great silence. Worlds most powerful conspiracy shows their true power, and I am very impressed that there was no hint, not even in Above Top Secret, that this kind of massive military operation is just behind the Christmas.

I have to congratulate Israeli government in their skills to plan, train and make these kinds of huge events in great secrecy... Without one whistle blower! - Historical fact.

In other hand, everything has given signs from possible Iran war ahead... When this attack begun, I saw that now the attack and war with Iran-Syria is much more closer... Now I see that WW3 is coming, and its begun.

Because obviously Israel has no idea to give up their provocative attack to Gaza, this war will spread soon. There is no other chance. Attack toward UN can see operation against its whole core. By wiping UN out from scene, there are no active 3rd party... "You are with us, or against us"

I think that all needed contracts, deals from coming war with Iran are already decided, but do Zionist succeed in their goals, and if Iran-Syria are willing to wage war now - "It needs two to tango", I cant say.

S-300 missiles, new "defensive" weapons from Russia and China are on their way to Iran... I think this is battle against time too, and thats why Israel doesnt give any break to prevent wider escalation. Every day their coming enemy comes stronger.

Also US citizens should be very, very afraid now, and in coming weeks. Possible new 911 is very near, coming any time now, and that will turn war to new levels just in hours - With yelling sound of raging Fox neocons.

Marshall Law - Very possible.

Those who are working in US official level, should take very close look to domestic movements now. All hints from strange activities should lift to daylight and prevent possible false flag in USA in coming weeks. Peace movement are most important to support, give all information to hands of neutral authorities, and to hands of UN.

Also whistle blowing to Internet, to these kind of forums is very important way to spread the truth - prevent catastrophe.

If you have part of the truth, give it forward, some of us will collect pieces together. 911 movement has educate thousands of skillful privat investigators, who dont hesitate to ask difficult questions.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
perhaps reading these two stories, reports will help:

www.asharqalawsat.com...

Iran Wants to Show Regional Power over Gaza Crisis

07/01/2009

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran wants to send a message to the new U.S. administration and Arab governments that it is a power to be reckoned with in the region by championing the cause of its Palestinian ally, Hamas, in its fight with Israel.

[...]

"The message from the Iranians (to Washington) is there is give and take. We can help you in Afghanistan, we can help you in Iraq, we can help you with Lebanon and Palestine, if you have good relations with us," said Iranian analyst Baqer Moin.

"We are a regional power and you have to acknowledge that and talk to us on that level if you want us to be cooperative on issues where you need us," the London-based analyst said.

[...]

Israel accuses Iran of stoking the violence by supplying arms to Hamas. Tehran, which does not recognize Israel, says it gives moral and financial support to the group that has been isolated by much of the Arab world and international community.

Analysts say it is not clear whether Iran encouraged Hamas not to renew its truce with Israel in December or pushed it to fire the rockets that Israel says it is trying to stop.

[...]

"They feel the way to maintain influence in this region is by having a strong Hezbollah and strong Hamas," said one Western diplomat, adding that if either Hamas's or Hezbollah's conflict with Israel were resolved "it would be a strategic catastrophe (for Iran)."

Iran's top authority, Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who wears a Palestinian scarf, has criticized some Arabs for not doing enough and urged Muslims to do what they can to help.

from this info. Iran supports Hamas, the Palestine leadership in Gaza
(which is seperate from the Palestine leadership in WestBank, Fatah)
((which in turn, neither Hamas or Fatah are leadership for the 'Palestinians' which is the Palestine Authority))

see also this report: www.asharqalawsat.com...

"Israelis Arrive in Egypt For Cease-Fire Talks"

here we find that Israel does not sit across the table with Hamas in the Gaza dispute... the Egypt-France cease-fire initiative
is comprised of talks between Egypt & Israel, and a sub set of talks between the PA (PalestinianAuthority) & the EU...
Hamas is excluded,
Abbas of the WestBank is not involved
The PA is involved
Iran is a distant irritant and has no legal involvement(even if they are arms suppliers).

Iran ? leadership? in Palestine? = does not compute ...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Thank you from your articles. But I think that true negotiations are taking place in very different places than we think... And by totally other peoples.

Where is Solana?

It was in news that Solana is taking care of Gaza talks, but all news have just kept following France-Egypt proposals and deals, totally different puppets. The Guy who is in charge, is far away from TV cameras for many days, Solana is like... Just somewhere?

Solana to take on Gaza peace mission

Tue, 06 Jan 2009 23:14:40 GMT
www.presstv.ir...

EU foreign policy chief Solana arrives in Egypt on Gaza conflicts

2009-01-05 06:26:52
news.xinhuanet.com...

What you say that Iran has no place in table? You should ask, where is the real table?

I see they are very much in middle of true negotiations. Just couple of those news... ( I have seen tens of these...) I will post more soon as something come up.

Larijani, al-Assad hold Gaza talks

www.presstv.ir...

Iran, Turkey discuss Gaza crisis

www.presstv.ir...

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Hamas: Abbas No Longer Heads PA

Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas's term in office expires on Friday 09/01/2009

According to Israeli media, Abbas's aides said he has no plans to step down in the near future, claiming that the PA's Basic Law allows him to stay in power for another year. PA Prime Minister Salaam Fayad told reporters on Thursday that the law calls for holding presidential and legislative elections simultaneously. And since the legislative elections are due to be held in January 2010, Abbas is entitled to stay in office for an additional year, he explained.

www.almanar.com.lb...

new topics

top topics

join