It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden TV messages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
(This could be in the wrong forum, so Mods feel free to move it
)

I remember my Mother telling me about 'hidden messages' used on TV adverts; I know there was speculation at one point that the governement used it. Using flashing images so it gets processed in our brain but we don't know conciously know it? Anyone know anything on this topic?

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Yes, its called 1/2 frame insertion and it does exist and it is also illegal. None the less it is still being done. They also use a technique for subliminal programming that uses a special frequency rate in the audio combined with "out of place" imagery.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Hi LC21!!

I'm pretty sure you're refering to "Subliminal messages"?

Here is an article about them, though a search will reveal more!

"Do hidden stimuli pass stealthily though the doors of perception? If so, do subliminal messages have any effect on the minds they invade? In the late 1950s, the American public was troubled with such questions after concealed ads were reportedly shown to unwitting movie-goers. The initial obsession with subliminals was short-lived, however, as the controversial practice of advertising "below the threshold of awareness" was neither proven effective nor widely used. But the seeds of subsequent subliminal scares were planted, and the notion that what you don't see may be as important as what you do see would rise again and again into the American consciousness. This Dossier special report explores the hysteria surrounding subliminal messages, from the 1950s to the not-so-distant future. "

Taken from the above source.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This thread explains a lot of it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Cheers everyone, I tryed searching ATS, but couldn't come up with anything (Remind me to try harder)!

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Hi kinglizard!

Thanx for the updated link!!

As that seems to cover the ground extremely well, I'll close this thread LadyCool. OK?

top topics

join