It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has your investigation into ET weakened your religious beliefs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I always believed good necessarily rules over evil in the long run.

But in reading various sources concerning ET interactions on our planet, it appears that positive Ets are kind of invisible, while the "bad" Ets are making a lot of noise.

It makes me wonder whether the assumption that good is predominant in the physical and non-physical universes is actually true.

It makes me question my spiritual beliefs about god-ideas, and about the force that holds all of life together.

Have the things that you have learned about ET had an impact on your beliefs?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
It has actually strengthened my religious beliefs, if you could call them that.

I used to think the idea of a God was ridiculous, but after studying UFOlogy for years I now believe that there is some sort of creator.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
There is no reason for my investigation in to UfO's and Et's to comprimise my religous beliefs. I believe in a Creator. You may choose to call Him God, the Universe, The Great Spirit, or whatever. In all the Universe, I find it impossible to believe that intelligent life does not exist somewhere.
Now, if Einstien is right, then faster than light(ftl) travel is impossible.
But that does not mean that ET cannot contact us, or even visit. String theory predicts multiverses, and multiple demenisions. This would mean indicate a possiblilty of doorways between the multiverses or demensions.
So you don't need ftl to get from point a to point b. You just need to know how to unlock and open the door.
And who to say the God of this Universe is the God of other Universes, or dimensions? Perhaps each one has a different religious structure, designed by that particular God for that particular race of entities.
But in my Universe, God is still supreme, Jesus is his son, and the Holy Spirit is His comforter.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
So far my research has led me to believe there were some ET's running around claiming to be Gods, and that we have to be very careful where we put our allegience.

I now feel armed with more truth, more facts, have learned to ask questions, and listen to my instincts. This makes me stronger.

While I don't know who or what God is yet, I have changed my thinking to believe that God isn't any man or ET. I personally see God/Original Creator as more of an "essence".

I always believed good necessarily rules over evil in the long run

While this may be true, and I sure hope so, whose to say what the long run is. Hopefully its not 10 000 million years, or we'll have destroyed ourselves by then. I wonder if we had a scale to weigh good/evil on earth what it would be.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

My investigation, no.
I haven't really investigated much to be honest, just tried to in the last 6 years.

Now my experiences are another matter. They have all but destroyed my loose religious beliefs but offer some sort of frustrating spiritual alternative that I have to accept. I say frustrating because I think in a way the simplified religious beliefs are pretty satisfactory or at least soothing where as the other is a bit more complicated and takes a lot more work but not in the sense of kneeling and praying and going to church on Sunday. It takes you changing your mind about everything you think you know.

Bad guys punished. Good guys rewarded. That was the simple way.
Well...it's not quite that simple from what I understand.

What bothers me more than anything is that the whole world is based on lies. I mean if you deceive people...even if it's for their own spiritual benefit (or not) it is still a lie. God as I thought existed...does not, and there are levels and degrees. There ARE many of what we would call Gods (or had at one point) and there are many paths.

One being attempted to explain this but even still it makes little sense to me considering that "I am above you, yet below God" doesn't fully explain how they got there and why they are here.

Let me put it this way...and this is just from my own experiences and nothing meant to step on anyones feet...God does not answer prayers. God isn't even anything close to a being you can sit and chat with nor does it care about your sins or good deeds. The people that WORK for a higher understanding do. They answer your prayers.

God is just an expansive consciousness of love.

There is no hell other than the one you're standing in and in order to leave you simply have to want to leave.

- Lee

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Not at all. My God Yahweh is still my God and remains eternally the same. What HAShappened over time, however, is that my understanding of just what "UFO's" are has changed. They aren't aliens from another planet, but many of the lights and crafts seen over the years are indeed real. The number of sightings will continue to increase and the veil between what is seen and unseen will eventually be fully lifted.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
No. I am a Scientologist so it has convinced me we were right all along.

Just kidding.

The answer is still no, however. While not a Scientologist, I am also not a Christian (or any Abrahamic religion for that matter) and my spiritual beliefs are completely unaffected one way or the other by the presence or absence or extra-terrestrial life.

And, so far, I have not seen any smoking gun that there are any extra-terrestrials though common sense would lead one to conclude there must be in that vast universe.

new topics

top topics

join