It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockets from Lebanon hits Northern Israel

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

BEIRUT, Jan. 8 (Xinhua) -- Israeli warplanes are carrying out intensive flights over the western sector in southern Lebanon, pan-Arab al-Jazeera TV reported Thursday.

The Lebanese army is searching the area where the Katyusha rockets were launched on Thursday morning against Israel, while UN troops intensified patrols in southern Lebanon.

Schools in southern Lebanese towns bordering Israel were closed.
news.xinhuanet.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
MM just reading back and forth here..

The time line is interesting!!!!

I mean if we look at it why would they fire back??? "israel" ?? i mean sure she can defend herself.. but if that statement is correct and hizballah did not fire into israel then we are in some very messy waters..

Is this some op to drag the usa into greater war here??

we all know that isreal spys inside the usa..

this is getting real spooky

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   

"If the resistance is broken, it means we face a new regional situation," he told Reuters. "This will lead to dangerous developments."

Hezbollah and Iran both view Hamas as the "little brother of the regional alliance they are a part of," added Jonathan Spyer, analyst at the Herzliya Interdisciplinary Center think-tank near Tel Aviv.

If it were seen to be on the verge of defeat, "then there's a real possibility of Hezbollah getting into the fray," he said.

Oussama Safa of the Lebanese Center for Policy Studies described the Gaza campaign as an "Iranian-Israeli duel."

"The Israelis entered this having a score 1-0 to the Iranians after 2006. They are endeavoring to make it 1-1. If they succeed, I don't think the Iranians will sit still. They will have to do something," he said. "Depending on the nature of the results of Gaza, it might be sooner than we think."

"ALL OPTIONS ARE OPEN"
reuters

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
This is a friendly shout-out to Iran:

PLEASE DO NOT GET INTO IT. IGNORE IT.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by hippy2012

arrrgggg!!!

man this just keeps getting more # up!!!

Iran is the target here im guessing.. could the usa be using israel to start the conflict??

The usa is broke.. or we think it is and what is the best way to make money???

Selling arms.. this is going to drag on unless someone gets really #off and wont play the game..

If iran gets to deep into this Russia and China come into play..

madness or total cheese but we are the poor pawns

something is going on bigtime here now that leb is in the equation...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
This is all leading up to a war between the USA/West and Iran, my guess is that Israel will get very badly damaged if that war does start.

But yeah, this is not good, just as it was looking good (aid gets let in, truce talks) we get this garbage.

EDIT: Grammar

[edit on 8/1/09 by serbsta]

[edit on 8/1/09 by serbsta]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Still nothing on the BBC Website... talking about intrest rates

But yes I think someone has had enough.

Iran OR someone is about to snap.. its been along time coming..

lets not forget this lot had been at war befor.. this could get so messy its unreal

Isreal vs Iran + Syria

Hezballah + Hamas..

we are in deep # here if this kicks off

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
UN force in Lebanon urges restraint after attack

Source: Reuters

BEIRUT, Jan 8 (Reuters) - The commander of U.N. peacekeepers in Lebanon called for "maximum restraint" in Lebanon and Israel following a rocket attack on the Jewish state from south Lebanon, a spokesman for the peacekeeping force said. The peacekeepers, known as UNIFIL, had taken immediate steps to identify the perpetrators and deployed additional troops, the spokesman said. The Lebanese army had also deployed extra troops, he said.

www.alertnet.org...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Well lets hope Both dont take this to far.. if its a bunch of mad guys shooting off rockets ect..

But on the other hand... we all know who they get there rockets from

even if they have no links to iran or syria this would be prime time to make one..

gah im going to bed this stuff is braindraining more than maths,,

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Latest AP story calls it lebanise militants....

not hezbollah, but lebanese militants... no one seems to want to claim these rockets...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
This war will not end untill the jews realize they cannot take over the world. I am sorry jews, but it is not going to happen. The way I see it, "they" are moving towards one world government, global citizenship, "protection" from the destruction of the world as we know it, etc etc...

"We"(the people), seek towards, individualistic control of little societies, within the society. Little safe systems, where we can see everything that is going on.

Talk about synergy. One world government will never happen unless forced upon us, peace will never happen unless forced upon them, hence war is inevitable. And now to my point. A war has been started long ago, and the longer it lasts, the more transparent it gets. I say, get it over with. Stop playing diplomatic, stop saying one thing, then doing another. Stop psychological warfare, stop the propaganda. Just pull out your knuckles and fight, darn it... When I have to fight someone on the street I don't use scare tactics, I don't flinch and say I didn't, I knock people the @#¤ out. Do it now.

Get it over with, or mankind will never move on, we will be stuck in death and destruction for too long, and it will end humanity as we know it.

I saw this dude in the tv yesterday, he said from the first aeroplane to landing on the moon, only 60 yrs passed. Since then we have done nothing, we are getting more and more stuck, using our ressources all wrong. So get it over with, so we can move on, please. I want to see mankind pull out of this childish, mind locking circus. We have the abillity in us to do anything. No laws or rules can ever hold our true potential down. And somebody knows that.

Take care

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
It doesn't say much about the rockets...only that 2 people were lightly wounded.

The intent to mass kill innocent Israeli civilians is there.
The fact that Israel did NOTHING to Lebanon is still there.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Lebanon govt criticises rocket attack into Israel

BEIRUT, Jan 8 (Reuters) - The Lebanese government criticised a rocket attack from south Lebanon into Israel on Thursday, saying it was a violation of a U.N. Security Council resolution that halted a 2006 war between Hezbollah and the Jewish state.

Information Minister Tareq Mitri said he did not believe the political and military group Hezbollah, which is backed by Iran, was behind the attack.

"Hezbollah assured the Lebanese government that it remains engaged in preserving the stability in Lebanon and respects Security Council resolution 1701," the head of Mitri's office, Toufic Yannieh, quoted the minister as saying.

www.alertnet.org...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Ladies and germs welcome to the eve of WW3.
Enjoy the show.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
This could be a few things.

1. Israel has staged the attacks to justify invading again.

2. Lebanese militants want a crack at israel too.

It seems like this whole conflict is starting to escalate. And since nothing happens without reason, why is Israel doing this? Are they trying to provoke war with Iran?

What could this mean?

Opec bans oil exports to the US. Oil prices skyrocket. Weak economy and high inflation create staginflation. The US dissintigrates. woot?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by theresult

Oh and the USA will be happy, but only when iran join in syria has no oil

The attraction of Syria is the pipeline that runs from Iraq to the
Syrian coast, thus circumventing Iran's threat to close the Straits
of Hormuz to some extent.

Straits of Hormuz

I think they plan to mine it.

20-40% of the world's oil supply passes thru that channel.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
i have just watched it on the news here in the UK,,appears rockets have definately been fired into Israel from Leb,,damaged an old couples house

[edit on 8-1-2009 by Tizer]
news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 8-1-2009 by Tizer]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
LOL i thought for a minute it said ''Rockets from Lebanon Hits Northen Ireland''.

It would be tough for Israel but i think they could deal with fighting hamas and Hisbrother at the same time without any help.

Lets just say Iran did get involved in combat with Israel, then America gets involved. What do Russia and China do? Do they sit back and watch or do they get involved? Thats when you could call it World War 3!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
this is awful i feel like i'm watching a boulder rolling down a hill towards a school and i can't do anything to stop it.

everyone in the world can see where these power games will end, its like a big game of chicken but to make it even more insane the looser get shot.

pressure from israel will now anger some arabs enough to side with iran, whatever pass or road that needs to be opened will be opened and thousands of iranian peace keepers will clash with american peace keepers, etc, etc, etc....

09 is looking to be a very interesting year, the word DOOOOOOMMMMMM springs to mind - maybe it's time i made my placard? if the end isn't nigh then i don't know what is.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
has anyone actuily read the report?

news.bbc.co.uk...

Israeli cabinet minister Raif Eitan said he believed Palestinians in Lebanon, not Hezbollah, were behind the attack.

but bravo to Israel
0 people killed from these crude rockets
12 civilians killed by artilery, sure the four kids that were found next to their dead mothers will hold no grudge against Israel

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join