It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After 2012...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
After 2012 comes and goes, what's next? What is the next big date so I can go ahead and start preparing myself for years of more pain from statements like, "OMG, there's an upward rising trend of strange pig deaths. It appears to be growing exponentially, and it all appears to be building up to [insert next apocalyptic date]".

You think this is the first time people have predicted the end of days? Well, I'll save the suspense, the answer is NO. Every generation has it's own little prediction about its end of days because people are egocentric. Notice that most end of days predictions are within the predictors lifetime. No one is predicting that the end of the world is going to be 3,023. Hell, it wouldn't even be worth it to make a prediction for the next century. No one is going to buy that book.

People don't care what is going to happen to grandchildren's grandchildren. They don't. The only reason the global warming epidemic is selling is because we can fix it, and it could happen within the next 50 years. So of course, the next big prediction will certainly be within 50 years - otherwise, they'll be no books to sell.

Anyway, I am dying to know, do any of you have the inside scoop? What's the next big date? It might be a good idea to pick it now. In fact, you could release it in last months of 2011 to stand in defiance of the popular, main-stream opinion on the apocalypse.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
After 2012? Hmmm? I'm gonna build a house with my child, it will most likely be the kind of house that is self sufficient of you know what I mean. Then after that who knows?

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
You know, I do understand where you're coming from with all of this. And I do completely agree that every generation says that their time is the "end time". However, the predictions surrounding 2012 specifically weren't made 10 years ago or 20 years ago or some close date like that. You might want to do a little more research if you're going to bash on 2012ers.

I'm going to admit, I am guilty of being a 2012er on, at least, a low level. But I do play devil's advocate quite often and if you're talking next date, let's go with 2013 or 6/6/66

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Just so you know, Nostradamus predicted a different world after 2012. Yeah there are other people who predicted things about 2012, but Nostradamus is different from all those other people.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by Rocketgirl]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Its not the end of the world, it's a different world with less people.

Huge difference. I am sick of the dis info.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Thank you, you are correct. I must edit my post now.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

You think this is the first time people have predicted the end of days? Well, I'll save the suspense, the answer is NO. Every generation has it's own little prediction about its end of days because people are egocentric. Notice that most end of days predictions are within the predictors lifetime. No one is predicting that the end of the world is going to be 3,023.

No one truly knows when the world is going to end. But the fear of it will always be there....and maybe..just maybe....that's what actually keeps the world turning.

No one can deny the increasing problems in the world today. Whether one believes the end of the world is coming or not is irrelevant. One day it will happen..because it has to...the sun nor the earth will last for eternity.

It's an enticing thing to do...to predict something. I do it...you do it as well.

They don't. The only reason the global warming epidemic is selling is because we can fix it, and it could happen within the next 50 years.

This in itself is a prediction. Not an exact date...but a prediction nonetheless.

The 2012 thing is intriguing to many because of some similarities of other cultures prediction on that date. It also has some scientific rarities that happen on that date so one could see why a correlation could be made.

Myself...i've always found predictions intriguing...not because i believe them...but because they are in fact a direct result of many problems that we have to today.

There are many problems that need to be corrected and more that are sure to come.

I can understand why one would be worried..i'm not very enthusiastic with the way things are going myself as i'm sure many would realize after reading some of my posts.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

People don't care what is going to happen to grandchildren's grandchildren. They don't. The only reason the global warming epidemic is selling is because we can fix it, and it could happen within the next 50 years. So of course, the next big prediction will certainly be within 50 years - otherwise, they'll be no books to sell.

There wont be any books to sell because humanity will be looking for the books it lost..

PS Global warming is a hallmark holiday scare tactic. No such thing other than the fact that the earth warms on it's own.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by 12.21.12]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

There wont be any books to sell because humanity will be looking for the books it lost..

PS Global warming is a hallmark holiday scare tactic. No such thing other than the fact that the earth warms on it's own.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by 12.21.12]

You may be right lets say something happens on a global scale our history is gone since everything is on electronic equipment.

Give me a huge magnet i'll erase our history I bet we dont have a backup of the history on any other format than computer's including (cd, dvd, blu ray, flash memory, dat tapes) or books and give 10 years a book or electronics wont survive if something big happens while a stone tablet has a better chance of surving.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I am literally making one right now. It is digital though, so yeah.

Got a printer? How about a chisel and stone?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Since a lot of the members here (but not me) seem to believe that 2012 is something to be concerned about, perhaps this is just meant to be a trolling thread to see how many of them you can get to respond? Hopefully, most of them will see through the attempt and just ignore the thread.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I have to admit though that if I were to sit down and write a book and say 4 people have predicted the end of the world is coming in 2015. I would make tons of money off it. Probally enough to make a great hide away for the 2012 fiasco. But people will buy books on most anything now a days. Who knows maybe I would make myself a millionaire. Anyone want to help????

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The world will lost it's pork chop supply in 2012.

top topics

join