It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Data on Pole Shifting ???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Hello everybody!

This is a very short thread in terms of description with big questions!

I mean

what is the evidence or data on Pole shifting ?

I keep reading stuff like this:

On Dec 21 2012, the earth will slip on it axis causing many continents to move hundreds of miles in virtually a second. Many plates will fall, some thousands of feet while yet others will rise.

What can possibly make one think as negativelly?

Or am i ignorant and there is evidence i dont know of?

I accept there is an attitude on the magnetic characteristics of our plannet, but Poles shifting?

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

Although polar shifts have definitely happened in the history of the earth many times, there is NO evidence that such a shift will take place in December of 2012. This sort of nonsense is probably connected to the people who think the world will end on Dec. 21, 2012. Check ATS, and you will find hundreds of threads about the earth ending on a certain date. When it doesn't happen, they start a new thread with a new date. Heck, if it keeps them off the street, let them have their fun. Will the poles shift again? Probably, but no one really can put a date on it.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
From what I've read, geologic data shows evidence of pole shifts occurring at fairly regular intervals and the magnetic information in rocks points to the next one happening at some point close to 2012.

I'm sure you can find proof somewhere on the internet.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

the magnetic information in rocks points to the next one happening at some point close to 2012.

No, it doesn't. The 2012 crowd has been making wild claims for years now. First of all, pole shifts are VERY FAR apart in terms of time. There is no way that the evidence can point to a time period within decades, never mind a specific year.
The last time the worry warts said that there would be a pole shift was for May 5th, 2000, when there would be a planetary alignment.
Here is how Phil Plait of BadAstronomy decribed this affair:
www.badastronomy.com...

Every few years, doomsayers start popping up and talking about the planets in the solar system lining up. This alignment, they claim, will cause earthquakes, floods and in some cases split the planet in two like a cleaver through a head of lettuce. The last time this happened was in 1982, which, you may remember, is notable as the date on which the world did not end. The next alignment, so they say, is in May of 2000. Many doomsayers also point out that that's the year of the millennium (they're wrong, but that's another Bad Astronomy issue altogether)! Are we doomed this time?

Go to the link to see his answer to the doomsayers.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Do a google search for anomalies in Earth's magnetic field. There have been serveral odd occurences in the last few months, involving animals that navigate by using the field getting "lost." Birds flying in circles, or not migrating when they should.
There is something up. Whether it points to a pole shift, I don't know.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Magnetic issues could be things like cell towers & all of our new 3 and 4 G networks going up...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I watched a 1 hour special on this topic on TV a couple years back. I can't remember for sure what program it was, but I believe it may have been "Nova", or some similar program.

It was VERY interesting, and posed some plausible sounding theories and information. They definitely mentioned dating the pole shifts by the alignment of magnetic crystal within certain rock types. I also recall that they said the time between shifts were reasonably predictable,... and that the next one was already way overdue.

The program might be on the same site that has the Yellowstone Super Volcano program. May have been Discovery channel. Sorry,.. can't recall for certain.

top topics

join