It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strage Noises

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
It seems when ever I stay home from school when I am sick and my mother is gone I always hear weird noises. For one instance yesterday i stayed home and i kept hearing loud thuds like some one hammering, it was coming from below me in my basement or maybe outside. Any ideas on what it could be? Another example is, a few months ago I stayed home (I had the flu) my mom was at work, I heard a car pull up in the culdasac and then i heard some very weird high pitch siren I opened my eyes because I was scared, but the strangest thing happened when I did, I couldn't move a muscle, all I could do was go back to sleep because a was so scared! Any thoughts or ideas? Am I going crazy? Do I just have an overactive imagination?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ryckE

As far as the thudding noises, i had a similar experience. I also thought it was "something" but discovered they were building a church a few hundred yards away and it was a machine used to pound trusses deep into the ground. But it actually sounded like it was right under my house.

And the other experience you mention seems like catalepsy. It is when your mind is awake and you body is asleep. This usually happens just before an out of body experience....if you believe in that sort of thing.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ryckE
It seems when ever I stay home from school when I am sick and my mother is gone I always hear weird noises. For one instance yesterday i stayed home and i kept hearing loud thuds like some one hammering, it was coming from below me in my basement or maybe outside. Any ideas on what it could be? Another example is, a few months ago I stayed home (I had the flu) my mom was at work, I heard a car pull up in the culdasac and then i heard some very weird high pitch siren I opened my eyes because I was scared, but the strangest thing happened when I did, I couldn't move a muscle, all I could do was go back to sleep because a was so scared! Any thoughts or ideas? Am I going crazy? Do I just have an overactive imagination?

Hi and wellcome to ATS! have you ever had missing time? have you ever felt like your being watched?
it sounds like an ET abduction... if you believe.
does the thuding noise always at a specific time? it could be your pips

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Usually whenever people hear something high-pitched or siren related it is primarily thrown into the field of being or about to be abducted (Which is sometimes thrown in with slipping into unconsciousness). Then again your hearing would be enhanced as you start to fall asleep at least in my opinion. Seeing as you will only be using one sense (hearing) or rather that sense will be the main one going at the time, while sigh is closed off (eyelids and all) as well as touch well just being touch. (Unless you toss and turn in your sleep.)

As for the noises I don't know, I have strange noises as well just a few moments ago walked downstairs for something to eat and as I was coming back up heard voices - Nobody up but me, so no clue where it came from. Though if you really wanted to investigate and just see what is going on in a general 3 mile radius of your house (if it's some type of construction or something) or perhaps if something turned on by itself in your house. Quite a few TVs do that.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosis111

See the thing is I live in Iowa in Cedar Rapids, nothing ever goes on here, and nothing is being built and i live on the out side of the town so I have no idea what would be making those noises.

I do believe in OBE's although the closest thing i have to those is being able to control my dreams.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LokMessier

I don't believe in abductions, although I believe its possible.
But what is the field of being? It was weird because I toss and turn a lot in my sleep and i usually wake up when I do. The siren happened at about ten in the morning and I didn't wake up till around ten at night feeling sore, but i didn't wake up at all during those twelve hours.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I hear weird noises all the time. I live in an old house, and the water pipes in the wall sometimes knock, or whine. I swear, sometimes it sounds like the patter of wet childrens feet on the tile floor... My apartment lies directly above the basement with the heater. The entire buildings' water is routed through the walls not 30 feet from my bed. It sure took some getting used to falling asleep to that.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ryckE

Just to provide a non-alien abduction option. (Though I am not saying it isnt that) it sounds a lot like sleep paralysis in that instance when you woke up and could not move coupled with terror.

en.wikipedia.org...

Many perceptions associated with sleep paralysis (visceral buzzing, loud sounds, adrenal mental state, presences, and the paralysis itself) also constitute a common phase in the early progression of episodes referred to as out of body experiences.[15][16] Mental focus varies between the two conditions; paralysis sufferers tend to fixate on reestablishing operation of the body, whereas subjects of out-of-body episodes are more occupied by perceived non-equivalence with the body.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ryckE

That in a way is usually "normal" for an abduction experience if it was one, though I would also look a bit more into Illusionsaregrander's post about sleep paralysis, it can be really hard to determine in a way if it was just a paralysis type of event or abduction (if it was one indeed) the amount of time you were asleep and the soreness don't really help to prove the point of abduction, but it seems like it may help prove paralysis.

new topics

top topics

join