It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jewish Women Occupy Israeli Consulate in Toronto

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
"Toronto: Wednesday January 8, 2009 Time: 10:25 am

A diverse group of Jewish Canadian women are currently occupying the Israeli consulate at 180 Bloor Street West in Toronto. This action is in protest against the on-going Israeli assault on the people of Gaza.

The group is carrying out this occupation in solidarity with the 1.5 million people of Gaza and to ensure that Jewish voices against the massacre in Gaza are being heard. They are demanding that Israel end its military assault and lift the 18-month siege on the Gaza Strip to allow humanitarian aid into the territory.

Israel has been carrying out a full-scale military assault on the Gaza Strip since December 27, 2008. At least 660 people have been killed and 3000 injured in the air strikes and in the ground invasion that began on January 3, 2009. Israel has ignored international calls for a ceasefire and is refusing to allow food, adequate medical supplies and other necessities of life into the Gaza Strip..."

yayacanada.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
These people are anti-zionists and are righteous Jews and they are not anti-Semites, self hating Jews, self loathing Jews or whatever an Israeli apologist will throw around .

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I commend these selfless women as they will surely be targetted and attacked for daring to demonstrate against this lock down of Gaza.

Unfortunately some will say it is propaganda and that the women must have an ulterior motive, or something just as ignorant.

Thanks for sharing this with me masonwatcher. Starred and flagged.

Note: I am objective and refuse to choose a side.

take care all
res

edit for grammar

[edit on 7-1-2009 by resistancia]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
If they, and their children lived in Israel, they might be singing a different tune.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

I don't know exactly what Israel/jacob and American people want to do with the Palestians.I wholeheatedly know that America is behind Israel to masscre these people so that they occupy the land of few human living beings, of about 1..5 million. Let America tell Ommert to break the sacrifice of the Palestians,we should feel sorry for them as they are also human beings on this earth.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

I don't know exactly what Israel/jacob and American people want to do with the Palestians.I wholeheatedly know that America is behind Israel to masscre these people so that they occupy the land of few human living beings, of about 1..5 million. Let America tell Ommert to break the sacrifice of the Palestians,we should feel sorry for them as they are also human beings on this earth.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheFretwalker
If they, and their children lived in Israel, they might be singing a different tune.

The key word being MIGHT, because i guess you too do not live in Israel nor Gaza....

So you only have whatever interpretation of the MSM you have chosen to take.

Good for those women, at least they are not blinded by Zionist propoganda.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
America is behind the Palestians Israel massacre,so I would edge them to end this brutarity sacrificing of human beings on this land.Please give these people eternal earthly life.We feel sorry for them.At last it will be the Almihgty GOD who will question us on how we used our appointed positions.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TheFretwalker

I'm not sure I understand....are you saying that if they and their children were living in Israel, they wouldn't mind the fact that "Israel is refusing to allow food, adequate medical supplies and other necessities of life into the Gaza Strip", or that "at least 660 people have been killed and 3000 injured in the air strikes" (of which at least 300 killed were civilians)? It seems odd that in this day and age basic sympathy is dependant on race, religion or nationality. It seems that the only people who are condoning what Israel is doing in Gaza are the Israelis (who you can't really blame), and some of the more extreme christians.

Don't get me wrong, I AM NOT CONDONING the deaths of the 3 Israeli civilians who have died, nor of the 3 Israeli soldiers who were killed in rocket attacks or ground fighting, not even of the 4 Israeli soldiers who were killed in a friendly fire incident (by their own tanks).

[edit on 8-1-2009 by babloyi]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   

i can imagine you would be singing a diffrent tune if you didnt have the luxuries you have right now which you take for granted

i am supprised our usual ATS crowd havent run in with the Anti semetic card
to call these protesters anti jews/anti semetic jews

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
There is quite a substantial movement within the international body of Judaism to end the occupation. Moreover, it is a folly to assume that every Israeli supports the actions of the Israeli government.

Google is your friend.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

There are plenty of groups in Israel opposed to the policies of their governement as well. It's quite curious that people in the U.S. are generally more pro-Israel gov't than the Israelis themselves. How does one explain the Israeli peace groups or the jewish grandmothers that gather by checkpoints to pressure the Israeli soldiers not to harass the Palestinians crossing through? Unforuntately people here buy into the highly-filtered news coming through CNN or the BBC.

I have a jewish friend who served time in the Israeli army. He was the one who first exposed me to the attrocities comitted by the army against the Palestinians. He hates their government and left the country and now resides in Canada.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dracula23
*Snip*

Hmm.. no I don't think that's correct.

"The whole world would be a better place without religion..."

That's better!

[edit on 8-1-2009 by noonebutme]

Mod Edit: Removed quoted post

[edit on 8-1-2009 by TheBandit795]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dracula23
*Snip*

You f*cking serious??? Get the hell outta here!!!!!!!

Almost ban worthy... did you think you'd get somewhere with a comment like that or did you just want to look like a douche bag in front of everyone??

BACK ON TOPIC

israel is in for a harsh reality when the world calls for israel to stop the occupation and GTFO of the region, not just Gaza. Its coming, sooner then they had hoped. History always repeats itself and why should it be any different this time? They have no mercy which is why they are never shown it.

Only this time, true Jews have stood up and spoke out about the wrong doing of the "leaders". Saying that israel has hijacked the Jewish religion and should no longer be seen as one and the same. These ladies are most recent in Jews speaking out against israel since it's conception. Hopefully this time they went to far, and will NOT be allowed to do it again.

Mod Edit: Removed quoted post

[edit on 8-1-2009 by TheBandit795]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

i am supprised our usual ATS crowd havent run in with the Anti semetic card
to call these protesters anti jews/anti semetic jews

That would just be a double negation, making them socially neutered.

Then they could never speak out again.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Just to add a couple of websites/videos...

Chart Showing Israel Manipulating the Facts

WHO broke the ceasefire???

WHO broke the ceasefire2????

Sorry if these have already been posted... and great website guys!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

How about stopping this ridiculous Palestinian propaganda that Israel is denying them with food and other humanitarian aid? This is simply a lie.

Now, ask your self this: how come Palestinian militants constantly attacked border crossings from which the -exact humanitarian aid they cry for not receiving- is coming from. This was done by gun fire, suicide bombers, car bombs and fully planed ground attacks.

How come those same Palestinian militants constantly attacked convoys carrying this humanitarian aid and occasionally killing the truck drivers, who are Palestinians as well?

How come Egyptian minister in a press conference (in this present crisis) blames Hamas for not letting injured Palestinians to cross the border for the awaiting of 60
Ambulances?

How come most of what is being smuggled under the tunnels between Gaza strip and Egypt is munitions, military grade explosives, rockets, machine guns, land mines and much more, when those same tunnels could have been used for civilians welfare.

How come Israel is declaring a daily seize fire for humanitarian purposes, yet Hamas keeps firing rockets into Israeli population.

This is all well documented, just do your research.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

How about stopping this ridiculous Palestinian propaganda that Israel is denying them with food and other humanitarian aid? This is simply a lie.

Ask your self this: how come Palestinian militants constantly attacked border crossings from which the -exact humanitarian aid they cry for not receiving- is coming from. This was done by gun fire, suicide bombers, car bombs and fully planed ground attacks.

How come those same Palestinian militants constantly attacked convoys carrying this humanitarian aid and occasionally killing the truck drivers, who are Palestinians as well?

How come Egyptian minister in a press conference (in this present crisis) blames Hamas for not letting injured Palestinians to cross the border for the awaiting of 60 Ambulances?

How come most of what is being smuggled under the tunnels between Gaza strip and Egypt is munitions, military grade explosives, rockets, machine guns, land mines and much more, when those same tunnels could have been used for civilians welfare.

How come Israel is declaring a daily seize fire for humanitarian purposes, yet Hamas keeps firing rockets into Israeli population.

This is all well documented, just do your research.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Again gravitational, it's not "Palestinian Propaganda", it's more like "common sense". Israel are the ones shooting at the aid trucks. Check the link out.

UN, Red Cross curtail Gaza aid, criticize Israel

[edit on 8-1-2009 by douglas2k4]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join