It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cosmic Radio Noise Booms Six Times Louder Than Expected

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by checkers
Acts 2
19 And I will show wonders in the heavens above
and signs on the earth below,
blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke;
20 the sun shall be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood,
before the day of the Lord comes, the great and magnificent day.
21 And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.'

Hot stuff.

So a peak in the 3Ghz band equates to 'vapour of smoke' and a Type O Positive moon? Care to elaborate on the explanation a bit?

And furthermore - in a spirit of scientific inquiry, I am moved to ask - when the moon turns to blood, will it be frozen blood or will it start dripping on us? I mean, will we have a situation like when Nigella Lawson unplugged the freezer and Charles Saartchi's priceless human head fashioned from the sculptor's own HIV-positive blood left an awful sticky mess on their kitchen floor?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Hobbymat

if the calibrator is - for some reason - at slightly lower temperature than it is supposed to be, all signals from the sky would appear "louder" than they actually are as they were calibrated using an incorrect reference noise standard. The warmer the calibrator is, the more it emits radio frequency noise.

Two questions about this:

1. Would this not result in elevated noise levels across the radio band, instead of a peak at a single frequency?

2. If it did emit at only one frequency, that would surely be known in advance. In any case, wouldn't this kind of thing be what they were looking for while 'trying to make that peak go away'?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join