It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2009, A year to remember?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
First of all hello to everyone, this is my first thread so please go easy on me.

Now to the point, I would like people's opinion on the year ahead..

Seems like there's a lot of tension building up all around the world, gas crisis in Europe, war in Israel, economic crisis everywhere, riots not long ago, Iran talking the talk but thank god not walking the walk, attacks in India, VP Joe biden talking about Obama being tested soon after he starts, so will this be the year the "shtf"?

My personal opinion is maybe not this year but there will be a common enemy, a nice big war breaks out we will win and go back to our cosy lives with more "security" more cameras and less rights. we seem to be waking up to the truths but were not quite there yet. thoughts?

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Welcome.

Well I am not as confident as you are if there is some huge war and we win. There is still enough nukes in this world to destroy it several times over and then some. Even if the so called "small nukes" are used, the fallout and contaminations to the ecosystem would be enough to not want to be trying to survive through.

I agree that the year started out in a bad light. Wars, conflict, political uncertianty, energy and economic crisis, these recent uprisings in earthquakes all over the world. Definatley not a nice start to a new year.

As to it being a year to remember, well lets get through at least 2/3 of it then ask the question if its worth remembering.

Cheers!!!!

join