It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Highway Markers In Wyoming

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I've seen this on ATS before. I've included a link to a very interesting site that details MANY sign markers and thier meanings. Usually these types of markers are on the back of road signs but it seems that the NWO is getting bolder by putting these markers out in the open. Very interesting read please visit the following link:

web.archive.org...://www.tackamarks.freeservers.com/

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If it's anything like Michigan when they plow the snow it gradually takes the lines off so they paint them every spring and sometimes in the fall. makes sense i guess

mikell

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The tacmars on the back of signs is nothing more than a way to identify a sign if it is knocked down by an accident. It is so the number can be called in to the hwy dept. so an exact replacement can be made and it's location is known. The hwy dept can just bring the new sign with them. No need to go and pick up the old one take it back to the garage find the right one etc. etc. It is a big joke to even call this a conspiracy. If the hwy dept. does not have the right sign it will wait until it does

[edit on 8-1-2009 by aceace]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Both of these last two posts are right. They do the same here in NY, leaving markers for the paint crew to restripe in the spring. And on the backs of the signs here are odd marking which are in fact the code for that sign if it needs to be replaced.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TaZCoN
Just got off the phone with a WYDOT worker in Shoshoni.

His explanation of the signs was they are markers for the paint crews, to indicate where to stripe the passing lanes etc.

Seems odd to me that they would put up permanent markers to indicate where to paint the lane striping...

Mystery solved? lol

That is the kind of business that we run. A striping business. And all though I am in the Southeast, his explanation is one of the oddest things I have ever heard. Done work in many states and have never seen that or heard of it.

I would call the biggest striping company in your state and ask them. TrafMark is who does most of our highways around here.

That's our specialty. I don't buy it.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

...No doubt in my mind that this govt is readying itself for ML..tear the signs down..it will buy some time if nothing else

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
The signs are for road-striping. I first noticed it while I was lamenting the lack of "No Passing Zone" signs here. (I live in Thermopolis, about four miles north of Wind River Canyon).

They're too small to be of any use when you're thinking about passing someone; you won't be able to make out whether the passing zone is beginning or ending for your lane or the oncoming lane until you're almost on top of it.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I work for The Department of Transportation - we use these signs for striping the roadway center-line

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join