It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#9 and John Lennon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
There is chatter both on the internet and through other media sources that John Lennon had an obsession with the number nine. Both a conscious obsession as well as the appearance that the number nine itself followed Lennon.

That’s the chatter. Don’t shoot the messenger if you disagree

It IS known (or at least talked about as being a fact) that John Lennon considered the number 9 to be lucky for him. I don't know how lucky it really was ... considering some bad things happened on the #9 dates and times. But anyways - here ya'll go -

Was Lennon obsessed with the number 9?
Was the number 9 obsessed with Lennon?
Is it all coincidence?
Could we pick ANY number and have all sorts of these things pop up?
Is all the buzz about it just made by bored or paranoid people?
Is there anything to this, or not? (I say not)

EXAMPLES –

- John Lennon was born on October, 9 1940
- Some even say he was born at 6:30pm. 6 + 3 + 0 = 9
- His son was also born on the 9th
- Discovered on November 9th
- EMI recording contract May 9th
- Liverpool has nine letters
- “Revolution No. 9“ song
- Met Yoko on November 9th.
- John and Yoko’s appt – 72 West St – (7 + 2 = 9)
- Shot to death 9 years after moving to NYC.
- Pronounced dead at 11:07 (1 + 1 + 7 = 9 )
- Was shot on December, 8th 1980 in NYC. it was the 9th in Liverpool
- John Ono Lennon and Yoko Ono Lennon’s names contain nine O’s
- John’s elementary school bus number happened to be 72. 7 + 2 = 9
- He even lived in apartment 72 in New York. 7 + 2 = 9
- His best friend, McCartney, is spelled with 9 letters.
- the beatles broke up after nine years
- “One After 909“
- “Revolution No. 9“.
- Mind Games - nine letters in its title
- Rock ‘n’ Roll album – 9 letters
- “#9 Dream” (9th solo album, released on 9th month, peaked at #9 in charts
- “ah, bowaka, pousse pousse” has 9 syllables

As I said - I don't think there is anything to this.
But I figured I'd present this and let you all make up your own minds.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Sorry for answering late, but you are correct in all of your statements and Lennon him self said that the letter followed him.

As for it being a coincidence well we will probably never know, but it is a little strange thou!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
"John and Yoko’s appt – 72 West St – (7 + 2 = 9)"

no, they lived at the Dakota. The Dakota is located at 1 west 72nd Street. 72nd and Central Park West. Since the numerology you used didn't have a building and street number, then, would it be safe to assume that his address at the dakota was actually 1+7+2 which is 10?

"He even lived in apartment 72 in New York. 7 + 2 = 9 "

doubtful. Most NYC apartments are labelled by floor and a letter. In other words, 10C or 22D etc. To live in apt 72 would be odd.

The only apartments I know of that have numbers only for apartments are those that are small buildings, several floors, no more than 10 apartments.

Let's assume John really believed that 9 was his lucky number. This is highly possible. If so, he would probably use the number whenever possible. I know plenty of people who will wait until a specific date to do something, could Lennon have been one of those people? Absolutely, thus he might have waited until the 9th to sign a contract and he certainly could have added the #9 to add luck. So, you'd have to rule out his songs with 9 in the title as they would be intentionally done to take advantage of the luck he felt the number brings.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Maybe he did consider it lucky, he was a very superstitious person, he had a psychic work for him & Yoko full time when he moved to NY, they paid him very good for a psychic and would call on him all the time, he wore a wooden ankh, he was a fan of Crowley supposedly, I've read a lot on him and to me he sounds like a rockstar with great intentions, the purest intentions but just got stuck trying to find a spiritual leader that worked for him, I don't think he ever found that.

Pronounced dead at 11:07 (1 + 1 + 7 = 9 )

Why not 11+7= 18?, 1+8=9, I don't buy this numerology adding random numbers jive, it's just a waste of time like that 23 movie, and speaking of that movie, yes you can see a number if you focus on it enough, I see the number 67.

top topics

join