It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force Releases 'Counter-Blog' Marching Orders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Air Force Releases 'Counter-Blog' Marching Orders

blog.wired.com

“In a twelve-point plan, put together by the emerging technology division of the Air Force’s public affairs arm, airmen are given guidance on how to handle ‘trolls,’ ‘ragers’ — and even well-informed online writers, too. It’s all part of an Air Force push to ‘counter the people out there in the blogosphere who have negative opinions about the U.S. government and the Air Force,’ Captain David Faggard says,” Shachtman writes.

In the case of the Infowars and Prison Planet websites, Centcom operatives do not respond to trolls and ragers. In fact, many of them seem to be the most vociferous trolls and ragers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7/1/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It looks almost fake..

The internet has been crazy slow everywhere I go.
Home, work and even my parents 5000kms away..

What is going on?

[edit on 7-1-2009 by xbranscombex]

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7/1/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Not sure what you're suggesting with that comment regarding the speed of your internet, but the objectives of the Air Force and other Military branches, and their plans to participate and perhaps influence discussion on the web are certainly not fake. Not sure about this one in particular.

One thing strange I noticed though, was that there are two images with different information.

This one is directly shown on the blog.wired.com post, and this one is shown on a page that the article on blog.wired.com links.

They contain similar but different information. The first one claims to be a Version 2, but the latter seems to have, under contact information, real Air Force contacts, and the first one only has a telephone number and gmail address.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by converge]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
When will people begin to realize that the military will be the one to enforce all of the most bleak scenarios for how future government will manage the daily life of society and the people in it?

We're so blinded by this patriotic jargon that we should never question the motives of our own military because to do so would be unpatriotic. Then we sit here at our computers furiously researching all of the police state theories, and a lot of us buy in to at least one of them. Yet we don't even take a second to realize that the politicians can't enforce this without the military on their side.

It's fine to salute the men and women that have been essentially turned in to pawns for the elite who send them to war, but when are we going to begin applying the same scrutiny that we give our politicians to our military higher-ups as well? They are just as guilty in all of this.

Whether this particular story is true or not is irrelevant, but I am leaning more towards it being true. Perhaps not every bit of detail is accurate in the linked article, but this is certainly what we will be facing in the coming years.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

Everybody is getting in on it.

Israel backed by army of cyber-soldiers
Date of article 28 july 2006/The Times

Israel’s Government has thrown its weight behind efforts by supporters to counter what it believes to be negative bias and a tide of pro-Arab propaganda. The Foreign Ministry has ordered trainee diplomats to track websites and chatrooms so that networks of US and European groups with hundreds of thousands of Jewish activists can place supportive messages.

Opinion is the new propaganda .... apparently.

Edit to add link and date

[edit on 7-1-2009 by UmbraSumus]

top topics

join