It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye Dear Friend, My Cat Passed Away Today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
We called him Siam, as in "The King of Siam".

April 14, 1994 - January 7, 2008 R.I.P.

We took him in when he was only 3 weeks old and fed him with a dropper. He was the only black kitten in a litter of seven, all the others looked just like their Siamese mother with white fur and brown points.

He was a good mouser, always playful, and a constant source of entertainment and companionship.

I came in from shoveling snow early in the morning and thought he was asleep, but it was strange that he was beside the chair. I watched TV for a while and booted up to check ATS and didn't think much about it.
It was my other cat that clued me in. He was just sitting there a few feet away with his head down staring at Siam.

I called Siam's name, and for the first time he didn't come...........

I'll miss his company after all these years.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Oh AD, i am so sorry for your loss. It is never easy to lose our furry family members . Your Siam sure looked like he was king. A beautiful boy . Cherish your memories of him. (((((( hug ))))))))

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Oh anxiety, I can't imagine how you feel. I'm really sorry. I have a cat that is not too well, 15 yrs old with kidney disease, I so dread that day.

My thoughts are with you friend. Find peace.

Rush

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Thank-you for your kind words.

We have him wrapped in a cotton baby blanket and in a box for tonight, but in the morning we'll clear some snow to dig a hole near the willow tree and give him a burial.

They really do become a member of the family after so many years.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

anxiety:

So sorry for you. I have a little dog that has been my friend for over 10 years now. I have been very sick and she would stay with me and cry everytime I had to go to the hospital. Our little friends do become part of our family and we will keep them forever in our hearts.

Peace,
Grandma

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to aniietypost by anxietydisorder

I just wanted to share how very sorry I am of your loss! I myself just lost our baby girl (MeeMee) yesterday evening 1/11/09 .......... what a roller coaster of emotions I have been feeling ....in shock, denial, and the shed of many tears!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I have two dogs and a cat and they really do become your best friends, i have also lost many as they have passed away.
I feel for you at this sad time.
Someone told me not long ago. If dogs don't go to heaven, i want to go where they go.

all the best
jon

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I'm so sorry.
My cats are my best friends. I don't know what I will do when they pass away.
Princess (my maine coon/domestic longhair mix) just came over to see what I was up to. I think she sends her respects.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. If I may ask a question. How is the other cat taking it? A friend of mine had a few months ago one of her dogs pass away and you could tell the effects on the other dog for a long time.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Oh man I am so sorry for your loss. Kitty is in a better place now I'm sure. Animals quickly become not just pets, but family members. It's always sad to lose them. Please take care and remember all the good times you had.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Sorry to hear it.

Rest in Peace little kitty....all the mice you can catch are waiting for you through the Pearly Gates Cat Flap.

Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deson

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. If I may ask a question. How is the other cat taking it?

It's odd that you asked that because I wanted to post what was going on with the other cat.

We had the burial for Siam the next day, but that night Zackariah slept beside the box we had Siam in and wouldn't eat. He walks around the apartment meowing almost constantly expecting Siam to be there, and has become the most affectionate cat I've known.
Zack knows he's gone and is stuck like glue to the humans in the house.

I feel bad for him because he lost his best buddy.:shk:

We'll be looking for a new kitten to fill the void soon, but I'm not sure how fast we want to replace him. He can't be replaced......

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

What happened with my friend is that one Dog passed away and the other was miserable. Roughly a month later the other one passed away. I'm not saying that the two incidents were connected but they ended up picking up a couple more dogs. The two dogs are now best buds and it's done my friends a world of good.

I would suggest that you pick up another kitten. I realize that it won't be a "replacement" but it will have the benefit of providing company for the other cat. Of course it'll be totally up to you as far as how soon you wish to do this or if you do.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about your loss.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
It sucks. A lot of people don't know it but, cats can be the best of buddies. I met a lady that had a couple and we all ended up living together. I would have never thought to have a cat before that but heck, I loved those two.

When one of them passed on, he was buried down by a pond on the property we lived on. The other cat stayed down there all night and she never went there any other time. -My condolences

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Ohh
Im so sad to here about your kitty, My thoughts are with you as i know that it can hurts when you loose a little friend,

Big hugs and kissis to the other kitty, it may take him a little time, Lots of hugs and treats,

xx

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I'm sorry for your loss AD. I know that words are of little comfort in times like these. You gave Siam a great life. From the dropper days, right until the end, I am sure Siam loved you.
I say again that I am sorry for your loss.
Stay strong.
If you need to vent, or just talk, you know how to find me.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Beautiful cat AD and my heart goes out to you. Siam had a good friend who loved and cared for him and that my friend is priceless. Siam may be gone but his memories will last forever and those are the ties that bind and make us who we are. Godspeed AD and lots of love.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Sorry too hear about your loss.

I am glad that in despair you share with us the feelings you have for your lost 'family' member.

Only a truly loving and caring person can set aside their own greatness to love another of a different species, let alone accept them into their house as a member of the family and treat them accordingly.

You gave it the respect and care that others may have never received and in that you deserve a 'thank you' from those of us that can speak.

Fox.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I'm sorry, I know how you feel.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join