It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman dies of bird flu in China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

CNN) -- A 19-year-old woman who handled ducks in northern China has died in Beijing from bird flu, the World Health Organization said Wednesday.

Nantong of Jiangsu province, China, last month, where the H5N1 virus was discovered.

The woman, Huang Yanqing, died Monday morning after she was admitted to hospital on December 27, according to state-run Xinhua news agency.

CNN

That is not good news at all.

Personally, I have not read of anything about bird flu for a while.

A one off or a new trend?????

Here is another link I just found
MSNBC

[edit on 1/7/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
So next we'll have a worldwide call for a Vaccine?
just so that big PHARMA can make even more money.

Have you watched some of the travel shows on TV? These people and animals live in the filthiest conditions, it's no wonder that they have diseases. And some of the items they call "food" is utterly revolting. Not everything you can put in your mouth is FOOD.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by Muundoggie]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I'm not saying that it's good, but I don't think we're at the panic stage yet.

I do believe that several hundred people have died of bird flu so far, but all have like this woman contracted it from bird's.

So far, I haven't heard about any confirmed cases of the disease being transmitted by humans, which is what we all need to worry about and hope doesn't happen.

Here's some data:

Usually, “avian influenza virus” refers to influenza A viruses found chiefly in birds, but infections with these viruses can occur in humans. The risk from avian influenza is generally low to most people, because the viruses do not usually infect humans. However, confirmed cases of human infection from several subtypes of avian influenza infection have been reported since 1997. Most cases of avian influenza infection in humans have resulted from contact with infected poultry (e.g., domesticated chicken, ducks, and turkeys) or surfaces contaminated with secretion/excretions from infected birds. The spread of avian influenza viruses from one ill person to another has been reported very rarely, and has been limited, inefficient and unsustained.

www.cdc.gov...

/96afsc

[edit on 2009/1/10 by GradyPhilpott]

join