It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarkozy says Israel accepts Gaza truce plan 07 Jan 2009 13:16:24 GMT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

PARIS, Jan 7 (Reuters) - French President Nicolas Sarkozy said on Wednesday Israel and the Palestinian Authority had accepted a truce plan for Gaza announced by Egypt on Tuesday.
"The president is delighted by the acceptance by Israel and the Palestinian Authority of the Franco-Egyptian plan presented last night in Sharm el-Sheikh by (Egyptian) President (Hosni) Mubarak," said a statement from Sarkozy's office.

Alertnet.com

********************(UNCONFIRMED)*******************************

"IF" true, this could be good and welcome news.

I know one of the sticking points was preventing Gaza from using the truce to rearm and attack again.

I wonder what could have been done to assure this.

Either case, it is good to see the end of fighting, then the real challenge will be preventing the rearming of Gaza and their doing as they have done over and over agin, cry for truce then attack again.

Using truces to rearm and then begin attacking....again.

[edit on 1/7/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
these primates have been at it for years. A single truce (one of many) will not end the fighting there unfortunately. Would be nice though...

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I am interested in finding out the details of the plan and how they will ensure this won't happen again next week.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I am interested in finding out the details of the plan and how they will ensure this won't happen again next week.

You and me both, seriously.

I can't imagine what assurances outside sources could/would give Israel??????

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
"IF" true, this could be good and welcome news.

A truce is good. Lasting peace is better.

I know one of the sticking points was preventing Gaza from using the truce to rearm and attack again.

And there is the problem ... Hamas has traditionally used 'cease fires' and 'peace' as a war tool. They just use it to rearm and rebuild.

Originally posted by TXRabbit
these primates have been at it for years.

You are rather kind in your assessment of them all.
I've used stronger language.

top topics

join