It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 gay bars get letters threatening ricin attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

11 gay bars get letters threatening ricin attacks

seattletimes.nwsource.com

Eleven gay bars in Seattle were sent letters Tuesday threatening ricin attacks — in what some are describing as a hate crime.

The anonymous letters say, "I have in my possession approximately 67 grams of ricin with which I will indiscriminately target at least five of your clients. ... I expect them to die painfully while in hospital."

A 12th letter was sent to the alternative weekly The Stranger, according to its Web site. That letter says the paper should be "prepared to announce the deaths of approximately 55 individuals."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Threatening gay bars with ricin attacks probably qualifies as both a hate crime and a terrorist act. What the heck are people thinking?
If a person actually went out and bought castor beans and lab equipment and proceeded to synthesize ricin, they must be flippin' nuts. And if they are they are that nuts then they probably are nuts enough to try and use it.

seattletimes.nwsource.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Find someone who hates gay barsn the area that is also from England. Why do I say England? Because Americans don't say "In Hospital" we say in THE hospital.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by spookjr

He's just doing the Christian thing. Probably got the idea reading something in the Bible. Some nutty Christians would support this I bet.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Finn1916

A Brit whose own sexuality is so tenuous that he/she feels compelled to rid the world of all temptation.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Lets thank the Pope for this. Apparently, according to 'his holiness' hating people is the right thing to do and gay people don't deserve to live. All the nut jobs out there will have a field day with this. To think, that idiot is God's representative on earth. I don't think God is that mean and nasty.

new topics

top topics

join